PDA

View Full Version : The most startiling movie scene ever!!!

florige
11-11-2007, 12:46 AM
For me it has to have been the scene from "The Forgotten". For those of you who've seen that movie you know EXACTLY what scene I'm referring to. If you haven't seen it check it out. And don't worry, you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens. What other movies made you jump out of your seat? That one was the only one that caught me that much by surprise. (Oh and make sure you are watching it at a decent volume)

tlongII
11-11-2007, 12:50 AM
shower scene in Psycho.

exstatic
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
TLong/sheep scene in Oregon Trail.

Nbadan
11-11-2007, 01:14 AM
When that hot chick kisses that tooth-less centurion in Not Another Teen Movie...

jaffies
11-11-2007, 01:39 AM
- several scenes in 'Cujo'
- car crash scene in 'The Mothman Prophecies'
- end/dream sequence in 'Carrie'
- the sloth victim not quite dead in 'Se7en'
- the clown attack scene in 'Poltergeist'

but by far, the one that didn't necessarily make me jump too much, but gave me weird chills for weeks:

- the subliminal scene in 'The Exorcist' (Father Karras dream sequence) this image (http://captainhowdy.com/images/The%20Exorcist/186.jpg) *~shivers~*

SAtown
11-11-2007, 01:40 AM
The woman gasping for air a few moments after getting her throat slit in "High Tension."

Spurminator
11-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Dirk's diggler.

ShoogarBear
11-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Jaws:

1. when Richard Dryfuss dives under the boat at night
2. when the shark first puts his head out as Roy Scheider is chumming

King
11-11-2007, 08:31 AM
The curb stomp in American History X.

Thunder Dan
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Any of the death scenes in Final Destination

SA210
11-11-2007, 09:29 AM
The crippled lady with the twisted back on Pet Semetary

DarkReign
11-11-2007, 09:43 AM

Zelda. "Youre never gonna walk again!!!"

This isnt the wildest, but The Zodiac when he ties the couple up on the beach, middle of the afternoon. Frightening.

Jimcs50
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Jaws' scenes, as Shoog already stated.

I freaking jumped out of my chair, especially the first one.

:toast

Shelly
11-11-2007, 11:52 AM
- - end/dream sequence in 'Carrie'

re: Carrie...and then having your mom hide in a closet and grab you as you walk by right after watching the end of the movie.

I still won't watch Se7en again. That movie was too disturbing.

marini martini
11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
re: Carrie...and then having your mom hide in a closet and grab you as you walk by right after watching the end of the movie.

I still won't watch Se7en again. That movie was too disturbing.

God, I thought my mom was crazy :lol

Think I'll have the "little One" over tonight for movie night :downspin:

florige
11-11-2007, 12:17 PM
- several scenes in 'Cujo'
- car crash scene in 'The Mothman Prophecies'
- the clown attack scene in 'Poltergeist'

but by far, the one that didn't necessarily make me jump too much, but gave me weird chills for weeks:

- the subliminal scene in 'The Exorcist' (Father Karras dream sequence) this image (http://captainhowdy.com/images/The%20Exorcist/186.jpg) *~shivers~*

Se7en is one of my top three movies! I love that movie. I can't get with those demonized movies. They creep me out probably because most of that crap really happened. The only movie that I got through was the one with Denzel Washington, and Dan Ackroyd. I forget the name. But my gf convinved me to watch it and I did. But afterwards I couldn't get that freakin Rolling Stones song out of my head for weeks. (time is on my side) :lol The Final Destinations aren't too bad for me because you kind of brace yourself from when death starts hunting them down. So you know its coming. But I'm telling you in this movie Forgotten I and everyone else I talked to got caught TOTALLY by surprise by this one scene. Actually that movie has a couple of them, but the one scene I think EVERYBODY in the freakin theater jumped. Me and my gf watched it on DVD and she literally yelled out... :lol

Mister Sinister
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Anything in the Hellraiser series.

leemajors
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Any of the death scenes in Final Destination
the highway lumber truck scene in fd2

florige
11-11-2007, 12:23 PM
the highway lumber truck scene in fd2

The scene in which that airbag caught that woman kind of made me flinch in FD2.

FromWayDowntown
11-11-2007, 12:39 PM
The Russian Roulette scenes in The Deer Hunter.

mrsmaalox
11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Wow, you all like some pretty heavy movies! My most startling scene was the nude wrestling in Borat; lived on in my mind for a few days. :lol

marini martini
11-11-2007, 01:10 PM
:lol :lol :lol Mrs. Maalox

My recent was Friday when we watched "Blow' & The Colubian drug lord shot his worker guy in the forehead :hat

angel_luv
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Final scene in the " Life of David Gale".

I have been trying to catch that movie on television forever and Friday I finally saw it.

midgetonadonkey
11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
The Large Marge scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Kriz-Maxima
11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
The end of "Carrie", i did NOT expected that.

peewee's lovechild
11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
The scene where Jack Nicholson kisses the hot, naked chick only to open his eyes and see that she's really old and decaying in THE SHINING

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Castration in Hard Candy.

Thunder Dan
11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
How about in Frailty when Fenton takes the ax to his dad (I might be off on this because I havent seen it in awhile, but I know I jumped when someone took and ax to someone when the camera was panned away)

CuckingFunt
11-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I startle REALLY easily, so my list would be too long. The Sloth cough in Se7en ranks pretty high, though.

CuckingFunt
11-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh, and I'll take my lumps and admit to being one of the few people on the planet who got sucked into the Blair Witch Project enough to have jumped at the guy standing in the corner at the very end.

Mister Sinister
11-11-2007, 02:38 PM
The hanging scene in the original Omen.

peewee's lovechild
11-11-2007, 02:48 PM
The scene where the little girl and her brother are sleeping in the dark and then you hear footsteps and the curtains fly open in THE OTHERS.

That shit creeped me out.

E20
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
The scene in Friday when Ezal falls in the liquor store and breaks his back and neck.

slacker77
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
The scene on "The exorcism of Emily Rose" where her boyfriend wakes up and she's frozen on the floor staring at him.That and just about any scene in the exorcist.

Thunder Dan
11-11-2007, 03:42 PM
The scene in About Schmitt where you see Kathy Bates naked

atxrocker
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
THE OTHERS.

that is an underrated movie imo

and i'd agree with the american history x and se7en mentions

Barbarian
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
The only movie that I got through was the one with Denzel Washington, and Dan Ackroyd. I forget the name. But my gf convinved me to watch it and I did. But afterwards I couldn't get that freakin Rolling Stones song out of my head for weeks. (time is on my side) :lol

The movie is Fallen. lol @ Dan Akroyd in the movie. It was John Goodman.

Scene that freaked me out was the pistol whipping in Pans Labrynth. Pretty graphic scene. There is also a few scenes in The Grudge that made me crap my pants.

PeterBurns
11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
The curb stomp in American History X.

Yeah....The Curb Stomp was nuts
Also, the Nude Wrestling scene in Borat

How about in Something About Mary, when you see the old lady's rack?

PeterBurns
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
How about the Gimp Scene in Pulp Fiction

peewee's lovechild
11-11-2007, 05:10 PM

Scene that freaked me out was the pistol whipping in Pans Labrynth. Pretty graphic scene. There is also a few scenes in The Grudge that made me crap my pants.

I think he used a bottle to smash his face in.

florige
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM

:lol Man I was way off. Yeah thats it though. I sat through it because I wanted to see how it was going to end, but other than that I say no sir to those type of movies. That crap is too real for my taste...

peewee's lovechild
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
:lol Man I was way off. Yeah thats it though. I sat through it because I wanted to see how it was going to end, but other than that I say no sir to those type of movies. That crap is too real for my taste...

Azazel agrees.

florige
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I startle REALLY easily, so my list would be too long. The Sloth cough in Se7en ranks pretty high, though.

"He's alive, he's alive, the cocksucker's alive"- Det. Mills :lol

florige
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Azazel agrees.

Geeeez don't stir up those memories from that freakin movie.... :lol

The sone
11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
the "top that" dance scene in "teen witch"....

Top That!

or the volleyball scene in top gun...

"Playin'...playin' with the boys!!!"

Barbarian
11-12-2007, 01:26 AM
I think he used a bottle to smash his face in.

yeah....i think you are right. either way its a pretty fucked up scene.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 01:47 AM
For me, nothing will ever compare to the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan.

Sorry guys/girls, I like scary movies just like anyone else, but my brain has a certain suspension of disbelief that goes along with it every time I know I'm about to watch a Thriller. I let myself believe it's real, but deep, deep down, I have that bit of reserve that keeps me from totally buying in.

Saving Private Ryan is absolutely visceral. It's shocking. And it's an accurate representation of what really happened that day, to the extent that it gave many veterans devastating flashbacks. My dad is a Vietnam vet and he absolutely abhors that scene, and respects it at the same time.

Never in my life have I ever wanted to vomit upon watching a movie. But I was damned close to leaving the room in SPR's opening battle sequence. Sad, horrific, and utterly, utterly brutal. A horror movie afterwards just seems tame to me in comparison.

Xolotl
11-12-2007, 07:28 AM
I agree with the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan, but for me the worst one was when the guy was fighting the German and the scared American guy didn't help his friend and the German just slowly put the knife into his chest and told him to be quiet, then he just walked by the scared American guy coming down the stairs. That scene still bothers me today

mrsmaalox
11-12-2007, 08:31 AM
When I first read this thread I also thought about Saving Private Ryan, but quickly blanked it out of my mind because it made such a huge impact on me. All I ever really experienced about that war was that I had 2 old uncles that were at Normandy and both of them were CRAZY. No wonder. The only other time I had ever had those same feelings was at the Viet Nam Wall. I read recently that up to now the number of Viet Nam vets who have committed suicide is equal to the number that died in that war!!! And for as much progress as has been made, we now find ourselves in the same old boat. My husband is an Army psychiatrist and believe me, the situation now is BAD. I'm scared that the emotional/mental/physical burden on our young (and I mean 17 to 25 yo) fighters will soon be too much for this country to bear. Sorry to get off topic, but I am feeling a little bitter/sad this Veteran's Day.

mrsmaalox
11-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Sorry to get off topic, but I am feeling a little bitter/sad this Veteran's Day.
Or maybe I'm just PMSing! :lol (No disrespect intended, I just read my post and thought this was maybe the wrong place)

101A
11-12-2007, 09:06 AM
The curb stomp in American History X.Shivers.

Also:

The "penny" scene from Somewhere in Time

and:

Phoebe Cates from Fast Times at Ridgemont High

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 09:39 AM
The "penny" scene from Somewhere in Time

"Richard. Richard!! RICHARD!!! R I C H A R D ! ! ! ! ! !"

Damn good scene.

Damn good movie.

101A
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
"Richard. Richard!! RICHARD!!! R I C H A R D ! ! ! ! ! !"

Damn good scene.

Damn good movie.Jayne Seymour - damn.

CosmicCowboy
11-12-2007, 09:56 AM
The first time I saw John Wayne get killed in a western. I was like..

WTF! You can't kill John Wayne!

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Jayne Seymour - damn.

You know, and I know people are going to give me shit about this, I still find Jayne Seymour attractive. She's still got it, and I don't care how old she is.

ShoogarBear
11-12-2007, 10:00 AM
When have people ever given you shit about anything?

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 10:04 AM
When have people ever given you shit about anything?

I meant that they were going to make comments about me digging on an older woman (she's 56 yrs old).

I was expecting comments on necrophilia and what not.

But, fuck it, she's still fucking hot.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I meant that they were going to make comments about me digging on an older woman (she's 56 yrs old).

I was expecting comments on necrophilia and what not.

But, fuck it, she's still fucking hot.

Dude. Geena Davis can take me out ANY TIME she wants to.

monosylab1k
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
my beloved DiCaprio taking one in the face in The Departed.

monosylab1k
11-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Ledger lubing up in Brokeback.

Kentu3
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM

You said it...
I had Nightmares for a week after that scene. :(

Saving Private Ryan did have a Lot of intense scenes and is one of my favorite movies :)

How about the Original When a Stranger Calls

"The Calls are coming from inside the house" :spless:

thispego
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
come on people. what about the home video of the alien walking by in Signs. there is not one person in here who wasn't scared shitless by that!

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 11:47 AM
come on people. what about the home video of the alien walking by in Signs. there is not one person in here who wasn't scared shitless by that!

I've seen real aliens.
They're nothing like that.

And, they're good swimmers.

florige
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
You know, and I know people are going to give me shit about this, I still find Jayne Seymour attractive. She's still got it, and I don't care how old she is.

I think Meryl Streep is still pretty nice looking too. She looked really nice in The Manchurian Canidate.

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I think Meryl Streep is still pretty nice looking too. She looked really nice in The Manchurian Canidate.

Now, that's just sick.

Keep that to yourself buddy.

florige
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
my beloved DiCaprio taking one in the face in The Departed.

Yeah that was a good and surprising scene. I kinda knew something was going to happen, but not just nothing to that magnitude. :lol

mrsmaalox
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
That movie was a pleasant surprise, huh? It could have gotten really bad, really fast. One of my faves.

thispego
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I've seen real aliens.
They're nothing like that.

And, they're good swimmers.
where have you seen aliens?

thispego
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
That movie was a pleasant surprise, huh? It could have gotten really bad, really fast. One of my faves.
turned out pretty good, somewhat lame ending, but the set-up was nice

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
where have you seen aliens?

Crossing the Rio Grande River.

It's quite a sight to see.

Phenomanul
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah....i think you are right. either way its a pretty fucked up scene.

It was the butt of his pistol.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention one.

It may seem silly to some, but to anyone who's watched "Grave of the Fireflies", that movie is absolutely shocking. There's not a particular scene that really stands out above the rest, but the entire movie is a very different perspective of war than most of us are used to seeing. It should be required viewing for everyone who has studied, been involved in, or authorized a war.

BacktoBasics
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
In The Mouth of Madness. The dude on the sofa next to him when he dosed off.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Gotta be when Mufasa gets trampled by the wildabeasts.

thispego
11-12-2007, 01:00 PM

It's quite a sight to see.
DOH :rolleyes
extraterrestrials brah

ShoogarBear
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM

It's quite a sight to see.Nice. :lol

SpursWoman
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Paul Sheldon's "Number 1 fan" smashing his ankles with a sledgehammer in Misery.

That was the only scene of any movie based on a Stephen King novel that was actually worse than what he'd written in the book.

11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
The entire 129 minutes of the abortion called "Starship Troopers".

How this steaming pile of regurgitated elephant crap ever saw the light of day is beyond me.

But then again, it did have a nekkid Dina Meyer in the shower.

Meh, movie wasn't that bad I guess.

SpursWoman
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
The scene with the 2 naked dudes wrestling around the hotel room in Borat wasn't very pleasant to watch, either. If by "startiling" you mean unexpected and nausea-inducing. :spin

mardigan
11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
As Disgruntled mentioned, the castration scene in Hard Candy is really hard to watch, you never think they are going to do it until its done. The scene in 28 Days Later when he gauges the guys eyes out with his thumbs (also done disturbingly in the sequel) was horrifying to me.

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Paul Sheldon's "Number 1 fan" smashing his ankles with a sledgehammer in Misery.

That was the only scene of any movie based on a Stephen King novel that was actually worse than what he'd written in the book.

Hell no!!!!!!!!

She uses an axe and a blow torch to seal the wound in the book!!!

SpursWoman
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Hell no!!!!!!!!

She uses an axe and a blow torch to seal the wound in the book!!!

Putting the block between his ankles and going to town was just worse for me than just cutting them clean off for some reason.

I saw that at the theater when it first came out, and when the movie was over and the lights came on, everyone very gingerly got to their feet...and you could see it in their faces they were expecting their ankles not to support them. That was awesome. :wow :lol

peewee's lovechild
11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Putting the block between his ankles and going to town was just worse for me than just cutting them clean off for some reason.

I saw that at the theater when it first came out, and when the movie was over and the lights came on, everyone very gingerly got to their feet...and you could see it in their faces they were expecting their ankles not to support them. That was awesome. :wow :lol

Somehow, I think that an axe cutting through bone and severing my feet only to have my torturer use a blow torch to stop the bleeding is just a tad bit worse than having a sledgehammer slammed against my ankles.

But, I can appreciate the horror of the sledgehammer thing.

j-6
11-12-2007, 05:12 PM
How about when the lounge singer showed her crank in the Crying Game?

ShoogarBear
11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Somehow, I think that an axe cutting through bone and severing my feet only to have my torturer use a blow torch to stop the bleeding is just a tad bit worse than having a sledgehammer slammed against my ankles.There's only one way to find out.

Do you want the sledgehammer or the axe for your left foot?

florige
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I've seen some of the movies you guys have mentioned and I'll agree that some of them made me flinch. But I really don't think that any of them can hold a candle to that Forgotten scene. (if we are just talking about jumping) not all that horrifying or anything.

mardigan
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I've seen some of the movies you guys have mentioned and I'll agree that some of them made me flinch. But I really don't think that any of them can hold a candle to that Forgotten scene. (if we are just talking about jumping) not all that horrifying or anything.
Im sorry bro, but that movie sucked ass and didnt have one scene that made me react in any way.

Mister Sinister
11-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention one.

It may seem silly to some, but to anyone who's watched "Grave of the Fireflies", that movie is absolutely shocking. There's not a particular scene that really stands out above the rest, but the entire movie is a very different perspective of war than most of us are used to seeing. It should be required viewing for everyone who has studied, been involved in, or authorized a war.
Oh, shit, I totally forgot about this one.

PeterBurns
11-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Holy S***.

Hard Candy was on Showtime last night, and I taped it.
Jeez. What an intense scene/movie

florige
11-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Im sorry bro, but that movie sucked ass and didnt have one scene that made me react in any way.

I didn't say that the movie ws good (even though I thought it was) when I saw it in the theaters everyone around me was like holy crap. We are talking about the same movie with Julianne Moore?

peewee's lovechild
11-13-2007, 09:12 AM
How about when the lounge singer showed her crank in the Crying Game?

:lol :lol :lol

I can't believe Forrest Whittaker's character was banging that thing.

peewee's lovechild
11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
There's only one way to find out.

Do you want the sledgehammer or the axe for your left foot?

Fuck, I'd much rather take a sledgehammer to the ankle.

I still get to keep my ankle at the end of it.

batman2883
11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
scene in hostel 2 at the end when she rips the guys penis off and feeds that and his balls to the dog

Taco
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
-
*~shivers~*

:( :(

LuvBones
11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
As Disgruntled mentioned, the castration scene in Hard Candy is really hard to watch, you never think they are going to do it until its done. I decided to watch this movie after I read about it here and... well it was disturbing. very disturbing.

If you haven't seen American Gangster you don't want to keep reading.. the part where Frank Lucas just shoots that guy in the head in front of everyone. That was definitely startling!!!! I jumped so high and my mouth dropped to the floor. I was like that for about a minute after that happened. :lol It just happened so fast.

peewee's lovechild
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
If you haven't seen American Gangster you don't want to keep reading.. the part where Frank Lucas just shoots that guy in the head in front of everyone. That was definitely startling!!!! I jumped so high and my mouth dropped to the floor. I was like that for about a minute after that happened. :lol It just happened so fast.

There are scenes all over "Schindler's List" that are far more disturbing than that.

Oh yea, "Hard Candy" is pretty damn good . . . and creepy.

blizz
11-13-2007, 08:40 PM
SPR - Opening scene and the knife being pushed slowly through the dude's chest
Pet Cemetary - Zelda
Sonny being riddled by bullets in The Godfather I
Sean Connery shot up in The Untouchables
Leonardo taking one in the face in The Departed...my jaw dropped
310 to Yuma - Where batman gets taken out
Doom Generation where they chop off the guys dick and stab him
When Juaquin Phoenix's character gets stabbed by Adrian Brody in The Villiage
Several scenes in 7...I still can't watch that whole movie alone sometimes...it's just evil.