PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Memphis?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-11-2007, 01:05 AM
In the Grizz v Spurs game I thought they were great - they played us tough until the middle of the 4th, their D on Duncan was great, they seem to be reasonably deep on the bench, and yet they're 1-4. Also, they've only played two tough teams - us and Utah.

What do you think they are missing?

exstatic
11-11-2007, 01:07 AM
They have some new faces. It'll take them a while to gel.

peskypesky
11-11-2007, 01:11 AM
They might need a better PG. I think Damon Stoudamire is a second-stringer at this point in his career.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-11-2007, 01:27 AM
They have some new faces. It'll take them a while to gel.

Interesting you say that, because they looked pretty gelled against us I thought.

It may be, like a lot of the lower echelon teams, that they play well for 3-3 1/2 quarters then lose games when they are on the line, which is a matter of gelling, as you say.

I really like Rudy Gay, sky is the limit for him. I thought he was just a leaper, but he has a J now.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2007, 01:35 AM
they are tankn with effort V.2

dirk4mvp
11-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I watch them every night on the local FSN. Their main problem is they are way too young. But I'm saying it now....Rudy Gay is on the verge of becoming a big time player in the league.

T Park
11-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Interesting you say that, because they looked pretty gelled against us I thought

opening night, new coach, fired up arena..

It all unfortunately covers up the reality that the team is very young, and just needs time.

I wouldn't be suprised if they became good, Ivaroni is a damn damn good coach.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-11-2007, 12:17 PM
They should give the starting job to Conley. He's doing good so far.

E20
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Pau Gasol is playing like shit. :pctoss

He's on my fan. team.........what a bitch.

batboy
12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Pau Gasol is a scrub, easily one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Think back to every playoff appearance you have seen him in. The man plays no D, floats on offense and pads his stats in garbage time. He simply does not have what it takes to be a dominant inside man in this league. He's a decent _fantasy_ pick but I wouldn't put him anywhere near a real gym.

As long as Memphis continues to believe in him as their franchise player, they have no shot.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-04-2007, 02:33 AM
naw^^haven't watched him much this year but gathered from Mr. Basketball (Rick Kamla) that memphis offense is much more run and gun than pound it inside as in years prior. his probelm this year is that they aren't running most of their offense through him.

I think he's a great post player, and they're not utilizing him the best they can.

Indazone
12-04-2007, 08:49 AM
I knew the Rudy Gay for Shane Battier trade would come back to bite us in the Ass.