PDA

View Full Version : free agents in 2010

tp2021
11-11-2007, 05:13 PM
timmy took $11 mil fewer than he could have when he signed his extension. when that kicks in after the 2010 season, what free agents can the spurs FO realistically go after?

jaffies
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Bring em back:
Stephen Jackson
Speedy Claxton
Antonio Daniels

also:
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Dywane Wade
Chris Bosh
Amare Stoudemire
LaMarcus Aldridge
Josh Howard
Brandon Roy
Adam Morrison
Tyrus Thomas
Andrea Barnani
Deron Williams

DON'T FORGET:
Manu
Bowen

ss1986v2
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Chris Paul - only if he accepts the QO
Lebron James - max deal
Dywane Wade - max deal
Chris Bosh - max deal
Amare Stoudemire - max deal
LaMarcus Aldridge - restricted free agent
Josh Howard - only if team option is declined
Brandon Roy - restricted free agent
Adam Morrison - only if he accepts the QO
Tyrus Thomas - restricted free agent
Andrea Barnani - restricted free agent
Deron Williams - only if he accepts the QO

the only likely canidates from the list would be the guys looking for the max deals (being that these RFA would certainly be matched, and i doubt any player here would play for the QO).

still, i think is just as likely that the spurs simply try and resign manu, and continue on with the pieces that they have added from now till then.

raspsa
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Still a couple of years away. I want to see how the new guys including Splitter come along. Tony will be the key for the future if the Spurs can keep him in SA but he'll need a lot of help. I'm partial to getting a good, big guy to complement Parker but like I said, lets see how the new guys do in the next couple of seasons.

exstatic
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Realistically, they'll have to jettison Manu to sign a major FA and still assemble a 13 man roster. Even at a discount, Tim will be bringing down ~$18M and Tony will be over $13M. That's like $30M for 2 players, plus the allocation for a MAX FA, depending on their years, and then they need to fill out 10 more players.

Just asking, but aren't Bron, Melo, and Wade unrestricted in 2010? They all extended the same short amount of years after their 3rd seasons, and I thought it was until 2010.