PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are deep

tlongII
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
It's definitely the deepest Spurs team I've seen.

Spurs Brazil
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Agree

And Horry and JV didn't play yet

DW looks very good, Cisco is doing a good job and Ime will only get better

Walter Craparita
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Deep like the Grand Canyon.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
wow, tlongII with a positive take on the Spurs

guess you're not all bad

Kobulingam
11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Bonner still sucks though. And bones will suck starting game1, round1 of playoffs. Everyone else looks good or okay.

CubanMustGo
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
It's definitely the deepest Spurs team I've seen.

Awright, who hacked tlongII's account?

ShoogarBear
11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Cold, too.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-11-2007, 09:43 PM
This guys an impostor.

yeahone
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
if dantoni had this bench he would still have played a 7 man rotation

ludda
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Not as deep as the suns tho. They have the deepest team this year.
Also not as deep as Houston, they have Scola so that's at least 2x as much depth.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Also not as deep as Houston, they have Scola so that's at least 2x as much depth.as in deep shit?

THE SIXTH MAN
11-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Also not as deep as Houston, they have Scola so that's at least 2x as much depth.
:wtf Mavs have more depth then the Suns. But thats moot cause antoni doesn't even play his bench.

ludda
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I was being sarcastic.

RussN
11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Getting to watch all of the reserves tonight against the Bucks really showed how deep we are, man this is looking good. :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I was being sarcastic.and I was making a joke

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw who you were answering to

SpursIndonesia
11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
if dantoni had this bench he would still have played a 7 man rotation

True dat. Beside coach Pop willingness to play his bench, our superstars unselfishness for having the secure mentality & get over of themselves, it's also more of the system, that emphasizes ball movement & unselfish play. Great team ball all the way !

THE SIXTH MAN
11-11-2007, 10:49 PM
:lol Yeah well its kind of hard to detect sarcasm through a computer screen.

FilSpursFan
11-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Did anyone missed Beano?

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
This team is soooo scary. They are absolutely decimating everyone they play, sans an off-game against Houston.

I'll take 6 wins to every loss all season though.

Darkwaters
11-12-2007, 12:12 AM
This team is soooo scary. They are absolutely decimating everyone they play, sans an off-game against Houston.

To the rest of the league's credit...that did include a game against hte Heat, Bucks and Kings. None of those teams would be mistaken for good ball clubs.

coopdogg3
11-12-2007, 12:56 AM
I think I remember Chad Ford questioning the depth of this team on his podcast for his NBA preview. :lol

I guess he had to give a negative, and got tired of talking about how old they were.

ludda
11-12-2007, 01:26 AM

I really could care less about early regular season games. I don't want a spectacular regular season record if that means the team will be tired come the playoffs. Pop has always been great at pacing but I'm glad the Spurs were never caught in the hype of so and so many win streaks (against subpar teams too).

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 01:41 AM
To the rest of the league's credit...that did include a game against hte Heat, Bucks and Kings. None of those teams would be mistaken for good ball clubs.

Yes, but the manner in which we dominated them speaks well of our team. You can't hate on them for -playing- bad teams, especially with the dominating fashion in which we've done this.

I really could care less about early regular season games. I don't want a spectacular regular season record if that means the team will be tired come the playoffs. Pop has always been great at pacing but I'm glad the Spurs were never caught in the hype of so and so many win streaks (against subpar teams too).

Well of course not. The regular season means very little, except for the fact that it gets you into the playoffs. None of this is worth diddly if we don't bring home a ring.

However, I am excited that basketball is back, and ecstatic to see the Spurs moving the ball like this, and keeping our players' minutes down. I'm happy they're playing ball like a Spurs team, and now starting to lock down on defense already.

It's less about the number of wins and more about how good, and how deep this team looks. Of course, it's early, but we look hungry for another title. I can live with that until the playoffs start.