PDA

View Full Version : Funny weekend Spurs/Mavs story

RussN
11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I was in Austin for the TTU and UT game on Saturday and Afterward we decided to go down to 6th street for a little parting. When we were leaving I heard these guys talking about how great the mavs were so I walked up to them and told them I had some cool pics of Dirk on my camera and they should check them out. They all stood around waiting for me to get the right picture up and when I got to the new pic of the 4 Larry O’brian trophies up and showed it to them they got all pissed and started talking trash. I told on of them that kinda looked like Dirk that he was dirk’s little brother and to go choke on something and he tried to throw a punch at me, it was really weak and I just ducked under it and my friends and I started laughing at him. I yelled at him to go push an exercise bike and they started to walk off. It was hilarious!

I sure am glad the mavs are giving us all this material to use on there fans, it is great.

ps...I don't condone fighting, don't talk trash to Drunken mavs fans, they dont take it lightly anymore, they have a lot of built up anger.

Supreme_Being
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Winz!!!!111!!1

mystargtr34
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Hahahaa thats pretty funny ay

braeden0613
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Youtube or it didnt happen. good story though :elephant

RussN
11-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Youtube or it didnt happen. good story though :elephant

I'm not on the Real World, I don't walk around with my own camera crew, I wish it would have been on tape though. We could put it on this dvd as a bonus feature

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1740/mavsalmostchampsvk1.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mavsalmostchampsvk1.jpg)

mavs>spurs2
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
u must be a hardass!

pawe
11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
You're a douche. Walking over to a bunch of sports fans talking about their team and being a jerk deserves a whoopin. Respect begets respect.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Funny story. Just be careful, some people ain't got no sense and will try to mess you up for less.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2007, 10:52 PM
You're a douche. Walking over to a bunch of sports fans talking about their team and being a jerk deserves a whoopin. Respect begets respect.Shut the fuck up! A little trash talking never hurt anybody. Its the idiots that take this sport too seriously that ruin it for everyone else! If you think what RussN did deserved a "whoopin", you're a jackass my friend

RussN
11-11-2007, 10:54 PM
You're a douche. Walking over to a bunch of sports fans talking about their team and being a jerk deserves a whoopin. Respect begets respect.

Yea, by your post I bet you never say anything but nice things to people. I wasn't trying to fight them, just have a little fun, thanks for coming out though.

spursfan09
11-11-2007, 11:32 PM
That was a good one showing them the trophies. :lol I might steel your joke...

braeden0613
11-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm not on the Real World, I don't walk around with my own camera crew, I wish it would have been on tape though. We could put it on this dvd as a bonus feature

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1740/mavsalmostchampsvk1.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mavsalmostchampsvk1.jpg)
I would love to see that...taunting mavs fans will never get old

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 02:13 AM

Oh my god. If you can't handle a little needling about a GAME, you have more serious issues than whether your team won or didn't win a championship.

This is coming from a CUBS fan, so before you tell me to shut the fuck up, please consider the years of pain I've endured. You think Cardinals, Red Sox, and White Sox fans have been lenient on northsiders? Hell no.

Why do I take it? Because I know that some day we'll take down a pennant and put an end to this century+ of losing. THEY know it too, that's why they're getting in their jests now, while they still can.

Sports is about respect, but it's ALSO about competition. I've NEVER felt the desire to punch another fan because he bragged about his team or trashed on my own. It's all a part of this little activity known as "fun".

ancestron
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM
hey you stole that from my sig and i call bs on the story

kbyanks21
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh come on, as much as we love our teams, in the end it's a game. The players don't walk around punching each other because they lost to someone else...at least not the classy ones. It should be about fun and I've got good friends who are Mavs fan and made fun of me when they beat the Spurs two years ago. It's all in good fun and that's what sports should be all about.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
That was a good one showing them the trophies. :lol I might steel your joke...

Eh...I've got a feeling if you do, it'll be even less funny than when this guy did it.

SenorSpur
11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I was in Austin for the TTU and UT game on Saturday and Afterward we decided to go down to 6th street for a little parting. When we were leaving I heard these guys talking about how great the mavs were so I walked up to them and told them I had some cool pics of Dirk on my camera and they should check them out. They all stood around waiting for me to get the right picture up and when I got to the new pic of the 4 Larry O’brian trophies up and showed it to them they got all pissed and started talking trash. I told on of them that kinda looked like Dirk that he was dirk’s little brother and to go choke on something and he tried to throw a punch at me, it was really weak and I just ducked under it and my friends and I started laughing at him. I yelled at him to go push an exercise bike and they started to walk off. It was hilarious!

I sure am glad the mavs are giving us all this material to use on there fans, it is great.

ps...I don't condone fighting, don't talk trash to Drunken mavs fans, they dont take it lightly anymore, they have a lot of built up anger.

Priceless!

carina_gino20
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I remember a similar story from the Spurs Tip-off luncheon in 2004. Tony (I think) called Pop, Tim, and Sean Marks to the stage. And then he asked them to pose for a picture with Manu's Olympic gold medal. :lol

bdictjames
11-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Beating the other team who was considered a rival gives you bragging rights.

urunobili
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
after losing the way we did and all the Cuban trash talk in 06... i wouldn;t apply class against them... if the story is true... i'd be a lil more careful with what you do in life with those photos... i bet the mav fans were not 6'5 and black guys... you might make fun of the wrong fans one day and get hurt.... don;t get me wrong... i have more Mavs fans friends as the company i work for is Headquartered in DFW but teasing is one thing and provoking is another one... in south america... you get shot for less than that if it was applied to soccer that same case scenario...
GO SPURS DAMN IT!!!!

hater
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
the only mav fan that deserves to get beat up is Mark Cuban. all the other mav fans are just pathetic that's all

41times
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Beating the other team who was considered a rival gives you bragging rights.

We have beaten you more times over the last 2 years, (9 out of 15) times and yet you continue to brag and blast the Mavs. That was a no class move in Austin.

Granted you have the hardware so you are the Champs. But that does not give you the right to act like a jerk, nothing does. Show some class, act like you have actually been there 4 times before.

Looking forward to the Game on Thursday. Ya'll save some of your energy on Tuesday night!

jmard5
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
We have beaten you more times over the last 2 years, (9 out of 15) times and yet you continue to brag and blast the Mavs. That was a no class move in Austin.

:lol Mavs might have won the battle but the Spurs won the war.