PDA

View Full Version : Buy (out) the Franchise

spurscenter
11-12-2007, 04:01 AM
zzz

exstatic
11-12-2007, 08:36 AM
On the telecast for the Rox game, the announcers said that Adelman expected Francis to start this year, but that he didn't earn the spot. I don't think it's politics.

Disclaimer: I've never liked Steve Francis, his attitude, or his game. He's a 6'3" chucker/dunker who has allowed age and injury to destroy his game because he never worked on becoming a true PG or leader. He's a talented loser who will probably never figure out why he never really had the impact in the league that he should have with his physical gifts.

Flopper
11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Francis came in fat and got the same treatment that Bonzi got last year by JVG.

When he gets in shape or when Rafer breaks his legs, Francis will play.

Indazone
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree, he's too talented to let waste away on Houston's bench. The Clippers, Sonics, Kings, and Portlant could all use him. If he goes to the Kings he starts over Beno. Politics.

Last I heard, Adleman said that he expects Francis to start before December but that he didn't earn it. I think Morey got pissed off.

picnroll
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Francis's athleticism has come to match his IQ.

exstatic
11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Seattle would be perfect for him with Durant and coach like P.J.
Excuse me...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

While he has mellowed a bit, PJ is at heart a disciplined coach, and FAR too smart to let a "me first" mother fucker like Francis anywhere NEAR his young players.

exstatic
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm surmising that your level of interest in this player means that you either a) have a tremendous man-crush on him, in which case you need to watch out for Cuttino, or b) he's languishing on your fantasy roster.

Roxsfan
11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
yea i dont love francis either but ok, if he lost the starting job, the dude can play bench minutes.

Seattle would be perfect for him with Durant and coach like P.J.

They need the help.

Rockets are black balling him, Francis is a 20 PPG season scorer.

He has 0 minutes

Not 1 second played, I mean c'mon.

I agree and he's not fat to the rocket fan that said he was...that's bullshit.

picnroll
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm all for starting Franchise. Give him at least 30 minutes. That should pretty much eliminate any chances the Rockets have of winning a title.

some_user86
11-13-2007, 01:00 AM

Dude... he came to training camp overweight and out of condition. WTF are you talking about?

Flopper
11-13-2007, 01:04 AM

did you see him? he's overweight.

Mr. Body
11-13-2007, 05:00 AM
As weak and erratic as Houston's PGs are, Francis not playing shows how broken-down and worthless he is at this point.

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 05:57 AM
crazy how today he got on the inactive list

good for francis, hope he finds a home

Indazone
11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
A former 3 time All-Star

How the mighty have fallen

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
he hasnt fallen at all

he just needs to play

JBIIRockets
11-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Francis came in fat and got the same treatment that Bonzi got last year by JVG.

When he gets in shape or when Rafer breaks his legs, Francis will play.

and that's the game!

Once Francis gets in shape, he will get a chance.

Whether he takes over a non-existant Luther Head's minutes, or whether it be some of Rafer Alston's minutes. Rafer is doing his best right to make sure that Francis, at least, gets a look soon.

Francis is better than Alston in every area except ball-handling, but, of course, the Rockets really need Alston's ball-handling.

Roxsfan
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Dude... he came to training camp overweight and out of condition. WTF are you talking about?

dude, he is not fat...thats WTF I'm talkin' 'bout.

did you see him? he's overweight.

bonzi was fat last yr, francis is not fat.

he has had a workout segment on fsn shirtless(recently)--he is NOT fat. As far as cardio-endurance, I don't know...adelman gives him no run, so it can't be too good.

some_user86
11-13-2007, 06:30 PM
dude, he is not fat...thats WTF I'm talkin' 'bout.

bonzi was fat last yr, francis is not fat.

he has had a workout segment on fsn shirtless(recently)--he is NOT fat. As far as cardio-endurance, I don't know...adelman gives him no run, so it can't be too good.

Ahem....

Exhibit A:

"He did come into camp not in the shape the other guys were in," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said.

Exhibit B:

The shape in which Francis arrived was somewhat round. He took his shirt off after practice Saturday and joked that he has an eight-pack of abs, instead of a six-pack.
It's not as if he has a disgusting, fat body, or worse, is a Banana Split Bonzi circa 2006. (And lucky for Francis that Gunnery Sgt. Van Gundy isn't still the head coach.) But Francis, who signed with the Rockets this summer, didn't show up ready for battle.

After not playing much last year with the Knicks (44 games), and knowing the Rockets were overstocked at point guard, he should have come to camp prepared to compete for playing time.

Instead, he came to camp looking to play his way into shape. Adelman hasn't allowed him to play enough for that to happen.

LINK: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5253140.html

Like I said in another thread to someone else: Now shut up.

Roxsfan
11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Ahem....

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

LINK: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5253140.html

Like I said in another thread to someone else: Now shut up.

Like I said b4, he is not fat on a BMI level. I will give you cardio endurance, ok..so you can jerk off to your victory on that point. But he is NOT round, he is lean, even for the NBA--no love handles, manboobs or gut from a video recently showing he and his trainer working out...francis was shirtless.

Now you stfu, k :smokin

some_user86
11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Francis is locker room cancer wherever he goes. He knows exactly how to destroy chemistry. It wouldn't surprise me if Francis manages to implode on the Rockets during the season. In fact, I say that it has already begin.

“That is going to be tough, that will be real tough for me,” Francis said. “If that’s the case, then I don’t know. I definitely didn’t come here not to play at all. Hopefully we can work something out.”
Asked what sorts of options he might have, Francis said, “I don’t know. I can’t say.”

"But not to be in the rotation, to me I don't think that's what I'm looking for," he said. "If that's the case, I'd have to do something."
LINK: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5251305.html

That's not what you are looking for? How about what the team is looking for? How about you show up to training camp in shape so you can be happy and the team can be happy? But, as always, Francis looks out for Numero Uno. He's always been this way. Ever since he demanded a trade from the Grizzlies amidst a crying speech on draft night.

Plus, the man has the ego the size of Texas.

"There's not really a (chink) in my armor," he said. "I just think it's more of getting out there and getting a chance to get on the court and play. To me, that's the most important thing, getting minutes and getting out there to play."
Seriously? No chink? How about increasing that FG%. It's never been above 45%, is at a career 43%, and was down as low as 40% last year.

The worst thing the Rockets could have done this summer was to pick up Steve Francis.

some_user86
11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Like I said b4, he is not fat on a BMI level. I will give you cardio endurance, ok..so you can jerk off to your victory on that point. But he is NOT round, he is lean, even for the NBA--no love handles, manboobs or gut from a video recently showing he and his trainer working out...francis was shirtless.

Now you stfu, k :smokin

Great! He's working his way into shape, now. The important point was that he was too out of shape during training camp to compete for a spot in the rotation.

Did you even read the articles I linked to? The reporter mentioned that he had a round shape, though not necessarily at Bonzi type levels.

I can't understand why you and a few other posters are so defensive about Francis. But if you don't mind, I'll take the word of a reporter whose job it is to cover the team and Francis' own coach over the word of a random internet stranger, thanks.

Roxsfan
11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Great! He's working his way into shape, now. The important point was that he was too out of shape during training camp to compete for a spot in the rotation.

Did you even read the articles I linked to? The reporter mentioned that he had a round shape, though not necessarily at Bonzi type levels.

I can't understand why you and a few other posters are so defensive about Francis. But if you don't mind, I'll take the word of a reporter whose job it is to cover the team and Francis' own coach over the word of a random internet stranger, thanks.

Ok, but

consider me a non-random internet friend, k

DOMINATOR
11-13-2007, 07:59 PM
francis did come to camp out of shape...

he hasn't played garbage minutes because the rockets haven't blown anyone out yet.

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
The thing is

even if Francis is FAT , he is still better than anyone's 7 or 8th bench player on.

to not play 1 second (not 1 minute) 1 second in 7 games is B.S.

some_user86
11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
The thing is

even if Francis is FAT , he is still better than anyone's 7 or 8th bench player on.

to not play 1 second (not 1 minute) 1 second in 7 games is B.S.

If his career % was around 50, maybe. But the dude's shot 43% his entire career, and 34% from beyond the arc.

His entire skill set is dependent on him not being out of condition. He has a low assist rate for a person with such a poor shot. Plus, he's got a higher than deserved image of himself and cares less about the team than he does about Numero Uno. Frankly, he sucks.

Spurminator
11-13-2007, 11:05 PM
I expected coaches to finally wise up and realize Francis should not be leading a team. But I never expected for him to fall this far from grace.

Roxsfan
11-16-2007, 01:37 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/JBIIRockets/rafer_stinks.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4289/fulljgetty76075808lm012da9.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6193/bbcx4.gif
http://www.topfive.com/newcoaches.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p220/wesleythib/skiptomywhut.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4746/cautionbrickscd6.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p220/wesleythib/ItsTime.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Roxsfan taking over spurscenter's duties, eh?

remingtonbo2001
11-18-2007, 04:19 PM
While he has mellowed a bit, PJ is at heart a disciplined coach, and FAR too smart to let a "me first" mother fucker like Francis anywhere NEAR his young players.

I really don't think PJ would like being choked again.

Indazone
11-18-2007, 07:03 PM
hahaha..actually the Francis story is a drama line for the entire NBA. Here is a former All-Star who got shuffled around to Orlando to NY and back to Houston. He got traded out of Houston for T-Mac. In Orlando he lost the starting job to Jameer Nelson and refused to go into a game at garbage time. Next day he was traded to the Knicks. Larry Brown really wanted Francis but the feud between Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas spilled into onto the court in which players got time. Eventually Brown was fired and Isiah Thomas tried to make a backcourt of Francis/Marbury work thinking they would be the new Earl Monroe/Walt Frazier from the Knicks Wonder Years. Trouble was Marbury and Francis are exactly the same type of player. Last year it came to a head and Francis got the injury bug or you should say the Blue flu. He called Yao and tried to come back to the Rockets behind the scenes even to play for Van Gundy. New York and Isiah refused to buy him out but made a blockbuster trade to Portland. Channing Frye and Steve Francis for Zach Randolph. Portland wanted none of Francis and bought him out. Francis was now a free agent and chose Houston because he had a home in Houston and always considered the Rockets "The House that Stevie Franchise Built". He gave up money and offers from the Miami Heat, Clippers, Mavericks to play for Houston. He thought he'd be the starter and even said Bobby Jackson couldn't hold his jockstrap. He showed up out of shape in Preseason Camp and couldn't figure out the Adleman offense. Consequently he got benched and lost his starting job to Rafer Alston. So now the fans are screaming "We Want Steve" at every home game hoping to see a reemergence of All-Star Franchise.

So it's all this drama that keeps us tuned to the Franchise story. Can Francis return to the starting lineup? Can he regain the All-Star form he once had? If not, does he still have enough left in the tank to make a solid contribution? A lot of people are watching Francis. A lot want to see him make it and return to his All-Star form and a lot of people want to see the train wreck and have him completely fail and fall out of favor with Adleman. I guess it's just drama and everyone loves a great story whether or not the outcome is good or bad.