PDA

View Full Version : I cant help myself being a little bored... anyone else?

Kamnik
11-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Not because Spurs would be a boring team as many claim.

I love to watch them...

They are simply TOO GOOD. If they loose they usually just did not put in enough effort...

With other words...only games that would really mean something now in terms of being really interesting are:

a ) phoenix (beating the shit out of them)

b ) boston (to see how we match against them and of they are for real...)

c ) PLAYOFFS (Spurs fan good times)

Funny thing is that after every Spurs game i am most interested in Washingtons and Ian's stats :smokin

Imagine Spurs being in the east... it would be simply sad. But things are simply not competitive enough despite being in by far the strongest division and in a much stronger conference...

I swear... sometimes i just wish Spurs going on a 3 game loosing streak just to feel alive again :toast

Fuck 25 coaches and teams out there who cant put any decent resistance!!! :pctoss

TwelveGs210
11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
cant agree with you on that one..i watch all the games..if its a game we are gonna blow a team out in, i watch for the individual performance (manu) or to see the new guys (ian and washington) do good..

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
sweeping our way to the ring

and these are the clowns i want our to beat on the way

mavs, suns, rockets, boston

BeerIsGood!
11-12-2007, 08:22 AM
shit, this is the time to really get into the games. A team this deep and good doesnt come along often and if you dont live in SA you should find whatever ways possible to watch some games.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I can never get enough of the Spurs winning games! I love watching our machinery grind down the inefficient and poorly organised... :fro

SAGambler
11-12-2007, 08:31 AM
The guys already look like they are in post All Star form. And so damn deep.

This is going to be a fun season for Spurs fans despite all the dire predictions made by many when Scola and Butler were sent down I10.

mrsmaalox
11-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I so feel the same way! Watching those other teams against our boys reminds me of the team in "Rebound"!

urunobili
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
i think we'll be dominant till repeat party... it looks it'll be that way if Manu keeps this up... i love him playing just 18 min and getting 21 points and i love TD measuring his pace AS EVER... Horry will get his 8th almost without seeing the floor...

We born to be bad
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM

I love to watch them...

They are simply TOO GOOD. If they loose they usually just did not put in enough effort...

With other words...only games that would really mean something now in terms of being really interesting are:

Funny thing is that after every Spurs game i am most interested in Washingtons and Ian's stats :smokin

Imagine Spurs being in the east... it would be simply sad. But things are simply not competitive enough despite being in by far the strongest division and in a much stronger conference...

I swear... sometimes i just wish Spurs going on a 3 game loosing streak just to feel alive again :toast

Fuck 25 coaches and teams out there who cant put any decent resistance!!! :pctoss

Really, they are boring, old and dirty. oh! i'm on :wrongf

Kamnik
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM

They are a good old wine! And far from boring to watch... Ginobili is imo one of the most fun players in the NBA to watch play!

BUT... they are so damn dominant year after year that there is not much at stake before playoffs :(

Jimcs50
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
In prior years, I lived and died with every Spurs reg season win or loss, and I noticed that Lakers fans seemed bored with the regular season, well, now I have become a Laker like fan. I do not really care if the Spurs lose regular season games...all that matters is the playoffs.

The Spurs need to just finish in top 4 in the Western Conference so they get HCA in rd one, after that all that matters is the playoffs and winning ring number 5.

I am bored too.

WalterBenitez
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I cant help myself being a little bored... anyone else?

Try to put your balls in the microwave, for sure is sth hot :sleep

SenorSpur
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
cant agree with you on that one..i watch all the games..if its a game we are gonna blow a team out in, i watch for the individual performance (manu) or to see the new guys (ian and washington) do good..

I'm with you. I can't go with that line of thinking either. I watch ALL the games, too. Overall, I watch the way the team gets out in transition, half-court offensive sets, defensive rotations. fundamentals (boxing out, holding positions), rebounding. It's a great delight watching the marquee player(s) from the other team. Of course, watching Bowen attempt to shut down the opponent's best perimeter scorer is always a treat.

It's also fun watching the "game within the game". Is there trash talk going on? Are the Spurs frustrating their opponent to the point where they're taking "cheap shots"? The usual banter that takes place at the FT line. The coaching maneuvers and substitution patterns.

I admit it's somewhat difficult to remain interested during a blowout, but there are so many other things to concentrate on. However, there are lots of other things to keep a Spurs fan interested.

VaSpursFan
11-12-2007, 10:37 AM
i wouldn't say i'm bored...but i am surprisingly calm when watching games versus prior years. i don't run the gamut of emotions when we're down versus a team. and when lost against houston, i was like...oh well. in years past, i think i would have blown a gasket.

i like this feeling of serenity. but come playoff time, i'll be a bundle of exposed nerves again :lol :lol :lol

Go Spurs :toast

Kamnik
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM

They are a good old wine! And far from boring to watch... Ginobili is imo one of the most fun players in the NBA to watch play!

BUT... they are so damn dominant year after year that there is not much at stake before playoffs :(

SenorSpur
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
i wouldn't say i'm bored...but i am surprisingly calm when watching games versus prior years. i don't run the gamut of emotions when we're down versus a team. and when lost against houston, i was like...oh well. in years past, i think i would have blown a gasket.

i like this feeling of serenity. but come playoff time, i'll be a bundle of exposed nerves again :lol :lol :lol

Go Spurs :toast

That's it exactly! My emotions don't flucuate as much until there is a big game against a major contender (DAL, PHX, DET and now BOS).

The Spurs do operate with a machine-like precision that is almost flawless in execution. They DO make it look easy at times.

I expect the Spurs to again lead the league in that all-important statistic of point differntial. Some experts call that stat the TRUE indicator of a potential NBA championship team. In most every year, the statistical league leader has won the NBA championship a surprising number of times.

Of course, the Spurs lead the league in that category last year. For the record, the Boston Celtics are leading the NBA in that category to date = +16.60.

SpursIndonesia
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Darn, Spurs fans are spoiled ! Well, it's their favorite team's fault, for being so good, precise, and deadly. :lol

The next few games will be a pretty decent test, whether they're really THAT dominant.

tlongII
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM

I love to watch them...

You're a Spurs fan. How could you not be bored? :rolleyes

SenorSpur
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
You're a Spurs fan. How could you not be bored? :rolleyes

BTW, kudos to your Blazers for knocking off the Mavs on Sat night.

They looked pretty good - even without Oden.

You guys will be very, very scary next year.

MagnusKrauss
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Not really. When it's the regular season you want to see the new guys play as much as possible. I want to see just how much we have improved by bringing these guys in.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I expect the Spurs to again lead the league in that all-important statistic of point differntial. Some experts call that stat the TRUE indicator of a potential NBA championship team. In most every year, the statistical league leader has won the NBA championship a surprising number of times.

Of course, the Spurs lead the league in that category last year. For the record, the Boston Celtics are leading the NBA in that category to date = +16.60.

As good as Boston looks, I'd say a meeting with them in the Finals is in the cards, provided both teams stay healthy.

Detroit is 2nd and we're 3rd, if I remember right. But we're also allowing the 2nd fewest PPG in the league this year. Our trademark defense appears to be getting back into the swing of things.

SenorSpur
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
As good as Boston looks, I'd say a meeting with them in the Finals is in the cards, provided both teams stay healthy.

It's OK to dream.

I realize we're putting the "cart before the proverbial horse", but a meeting between those two teams would be SWEET! Probably as good or better than the 2005 NBA Finals versus Pistons.

Walter Craparita
11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I love them blowing out teams by the end of the 3rd and getting to watch an entire 4th qtr of the reserves.

E20
11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Last time I was really exicted for a regular season game was in 2003-2004 Nov. 11 Spurs vs Lakers (Fab 4). Timmy and Tony were out and we went into overtime against them with Manu and the reserves leading the way.

Also, that double OT game in 2005 against the Suns.

ancestron
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
We aren't even 10 games in yet. The games coming up this week (LA, Dallas, Houston) should be good.

dbreiden83080
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I watch all the Spurs games, i will never get bored with them. However they have proven by now that we no longer need to go crazy about REG season losses. Last year we had so many fans ready to jump ship over their up and down play combined with the dominance of the Mavs. This year a lot of fans seem more relaxed about the season. We know that as long as they are healthy, it really does not matter what seed they are in the playoffs.

Stargazer
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Hubris, anyone? Remember: "Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make powerful."

This could be a fun thread to revive a few months from now.

Kamnik
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Hubris, anyone? Remember: "Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make powerful."

This could be a fun thread to revive a few months from now.

So whats your point....

if he made suns whiny little bitches this means they will get class in time? :dramaquee

hater
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
we are not too good. we have a hard time beating the Blazers and Houston kicked our soft asses.

if it was not for Manu playing like an animal, we would be at 50%

Ocotillo
11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Uh, yeah, didn't the Spurs lose to the Rockets? I saw Bonzi had 2 against the Bucks the other night. I guess he's saving himself for the next time they play the Spurs.

remingtonbo2001
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
I like it when we excute to near perfection. It's the blowouts were winning cause the other team is playing that poorly. Those game are usually boring. But when the Spurs are knocking down threes, hitting the open man in transition, and playing stellar defense, you couldn't pay me to change the channel, regardless of the score.

boutons_
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
boredom over today! Lakers be comin to town!

I'm sure both teams will be playing for real hard, even Pop.

sa_kid20
11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Last time I was really exicted for a regular season game was in 2003-2004 Nov. 11 Spurs vs Lakers (Fab 4). Timmy and Tony were out and we went into overtime against them with Manu and the reserves leading the way.

I was at that game! Thats just about as exciting as a regular season game can get. Too bad we lost but it was still very entertaining. Also I don't thind i've ever hated a team more than those 03-04 Lakers with the "Fab 4" :ihit