PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Loses $168 Million In Divorce

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Divorce dunks Michael Jordan for £80m
John Harlow, Los Angeles

As A basketball superstar, Michael Jordan was always in a league of his own. Now he is setting a record with his divorce as he prepares to pay his former wife an unprecedented settlement of more than $168m (£80m).

Last December, when Jordan, 44, and his wife Juanita, 48, split up, the athlete balked at signing the settlement. Insiders claim that negotiations have added £20m to the final deal.

The final severance package for Juanita Jordan, which includes the couple’s seven-acre estate in Chicago and custody of their three children, is expected to be agreed before the first anniversary of their last row – which was said to be about money.

The settlement eclipses the most expensive celebrity divorce on public record, in which Neil Diamond paid his ex-wife Marcia Murphey £75m. After licking his wounds, the singer, who had married the television production assistant before he became famous, won plaudits for his chivalrous verdict. “She’s worth every penny,” he said.

It makes other high-profile divorces, such as Steven Spielberg’s £50m separation from his first wife, the actress Amy Irving, and Sir Mick Jagger’s £12m farewell to Jerry Hall, seem like bargains. Sir Paul McCartney’s pending settlement with Heather Mills has been mooted at £50m.

Legal sources close to the 6ft 5in Jordan said that after 17 years of marriage he wants to get on with his life and is willing to pay a premium for an early end to his matrimonial woes. He was already a wealthy basketball star with the Chicago Bulls when the couple met on a blind date in 1984.

He proposed a few months later but Juanita initially turned him down. A year after their marriage in Las Vegas, he signed a prenuptial agreement that entitled her to half his fortune, but she has claimed only a third.

During the marriage Jordan’s warm personality and dazzling basketball skills lifted the game to new heights of popularity. He also pioneered lucrative sponsorships deals with McDonald’s, Coca-Cola and Nike, which created the bestselling range of Air Jordan shoes.

The sports icon has recently been photographed with a series of young women while Juanita is involved with a banker 20 years younger than herself.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2848249.ece

SRJ
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Goddamn, my asshole is bleeding for him.

I don't care how much money you got, $168M is $168M, period.

The_Worlds_finest
11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
hes a cheat gets what he deserves

Roxsfan
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM

dude stfu. Juana should NOT get more than 50 mil no matter what. I don't recall her making any game winning shots or starring in any commercials :rolleyes

I don't condone cheating, but you sound like a girl.

resistanze
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
dude stfu. Juana should NOT get more than 50 mil no matter what. I don't recall her making any game winning shots or starring in any commercials :rolleyes

I don't condone cheating, but you sound like a girl.
Why would she only get 50 million, when the article says that she didn't even get half they originally agreed to? No one forced him to do that and it's not like he's keeping the kids. I consider his ass lucky.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
ouch

Walter Craparita
11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
That's one gamble he didn't win.

Roxsfan
11-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Why would she only get 50 million, when the article says that she didn't even get half they originally agreed to? No one forced him to do that and it's not like he's keeping the kids. I consider his ass lucky.

thats my opinion of what she should get, k.

*his kids are all nearly grown :rolleyes

sa_kid20
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Damn thats gotta hurt

Fillmoe
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
that aint shit to jordan.....

SenorSpur
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
No offense, but I cannot fathom why she gets that much of his cheddar.

703 Spurz
11-12-2007, 11:56 PM
So the fucker has to pay a gazillion dollars. He's still one of the most famous athletes ever. He'll be fine

Roxsfan
11-13-2007, 12:24 AM
No offense, but I cannot fathom why she gets that much of his cheddar.
+1

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2007, 12:44 AM
question is his children, arent they all above 16+? wtf 160m

coachmac87
11-13-2007, 03:05 AM

ya like more than half of nba players....most wives know the deal but some dont give a damn cause they get paid once they split up

Cry Havoc
11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow, a guy who makes more in an hour than I do in a month, I really feel bad for him.

Somehow, I think he'll survive.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Ain't nothing a wife can do that's worth 168M! Yeah she should be taken care of, no problem with that, but 168M??? That's bullshit

boutons_
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
How much do her lawyers get?

MJ signed the pre-nuptial giving her 50%.

A deal's a deal.

Basketball, nor "what "she is worth", has nothing to with it.
It's strictly business.

So Michael is left sniffling over his 50%, his $168M, and all his 'earning" power? tough shit. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
11-13-2007, 12:41 PM
How much do her lawyers get?

MJ signed the pre-nuptial giving her 50%.

A deal's a deal.

Basketball, nor "what "she is worth", has nothing to with it.
It's strictly business.

So Michael is left sniffling over his 50%, his $168M, and all his 'earning" power? tough shit. :lolthat, I didn't know. If he signed the prenup then he's fucked

MrChug
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
He $h!t$ that in a year.

Kriz-Maxima
11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
that, I didn't know. If he signed the prenup then he's fucked

He did, they agreed she would get half but she settled for less than that. Its a lot of money but somehow i think he will survive.

jmard5
11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
that, I didn't know. If he signed the prenup then he's fucked

Yeah, pretty much.

Reggie Miller
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

Brutalis
11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
MJ is full of himself, too bad it wasn't for more. That's chump change to him.

mikejones99
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Whores should not be able to steal money from men like this. I hope she gets hit by a goddam Bus. What a fucking bitch. Men should never get married in the usa. You can get everything else without marriage. Jordan could by 50 women very night and still not have to pay that much.

Horry For 3!
11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
$168M is an amazing amount of money...... for an average person.

lebomb
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
.......on the other hand....WhyTF???? did Jordan get married to begin with.....if he knew he liked to fuck around?? Then he wouldnt have to worry about giving her a dime.

mikejones99
11-14-2007, 07:02 PM
This just proves that if you like your money you do not ever get married. No bitch should ever get cash just cuz she is pissed off. She should get her own goddam job. This is why women will never be taken seriously because this proves they are not equal.

resistanze
11-14-2007, 07:23 PM
This just proves that if you like your money you do not ever get married. No bitch should ever get cash just cuz she is pissed off. She should get her own goddam job. This is why women will never be taken seriously because this proves they are not equal.
You are aware that the complete vice versa scenario exists, right? Britney and K-Fed? J-Lo and Chris Judd? It isn't about gender, it's about marriage law, you dumb motherfucker :lol

That's HIS bad for getting married, if you want pussy on the side and don't want to pay, don't say "I do."

mikejones99
11-14-2007, 07:40 PM
K fed should be a hero because that is like man biting dog, it hardly ever happens. Women win in court a higher percentage than even the Spurs win at home you dumb fucking moron. It is all about gender you fucking canadien.

resistanze
11-14-2007, 07:52 PM
What's a Canadien? You French?

He married her, he messed around with other women, he signed away half his shit, they got divorced, and he didn't even end up having to give away half. Case closed, he'll be alright.

You on the other hand were doomed from birth. It's not to late to throw yourself down some stairs, God knows how many times your mother tried that shit while she was having you.

lebomb
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
K fed should be a hero because that is like man biting dog, it hardly ever happens. Women win in court a higher percentage than even the Spurs win at home you dumb fucking moron. It is all about gender you fucking canadien.

Sorry dude, but he is right......everyone knows the rules, just like when Phoenix's players ran their asses onto the court and then tried to bitch like someone fucked them over. They knew the rules. MJ should NOT have gotten married if he wanted to fuck around period. Its no ones fault but his own.

hitmanyr2k
11-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I suddenly wanna watch Eddie Murphy "Raw".

"Yo, ya honor, give us half his shit" :lol

Fabbs
11-15-2007, 12:00 PM
He signed a prenup for her getting 50%.

I don't get that.

She said "Sign a prenup giving me 50% or i won't marry you" and he went for that? :downspin:
No, it was a year after they were married that he signed it. :downspin: :downspin:
Okay, what does she have him on film doing?

mikejones99
11-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Jordan or his lawyers were dumbfucks that need to listen to the Tom Leykis show