PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West's Mother passed away...

sa_kid20
11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
It was reported that she passed away on Saturday due to surgical complications

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An autopsy was scheduled for the mother of Kanye West after preliminary information suggested she died of surgical complications, a coroner's investigator said Monday.

What kind of surgery Donda West had was not immediately clear. West had approached a plastic surgeon months ago about a procedure, but he never performed it because she did not return with a medical clearance for a pre-existing condition that concerned him, the surgeon's publicist said Monday.

West died Saturday night at age 58 at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Marina del Rey, where paramedics took her after she stopped breathing at her home, according to Deborah Ettinger, a hospital vice president.

"We tried to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful," Ettinger said, adding that she did not have surgery at the hospital.

Preliminary information indicated she died from "complications of surgery," Lt. Fred Corral told The Associated Press. An autopsy was expected to be conducted by Wednesday, Corral said.

The Kanye West Foundation referred calls to a publicist who did not immediately respond to messages for comment.

Patricia Green, a consultant who has worked as a publicist for West in the past, had previously told news agencies that West died after cosmetic surgery. She backed away from those comments in later interviews with the AP, saying she was not sure of the cause because she had received conflicting information.

West met with Dr. Andre Aboolian of Beverly Hills to inquire about cosmetic surgery in June, said the surgeon's publicist, Jo-Ann Geffen. Aboolian told West two weeks ago that she needed to get a medical clearance before he would agree to do the surgery, but never heard back from her, Geffen said.

Aboolian was concerned about a condition West had that may cause a heart attack during surgery, said Geffen, declining to elaborate because of patient privacy rights.

"He simply said that in order for him to be comfortable, he felt it necessary to have a medical clearance before he'd touch her," Geffen said.

Geffen said she didn't know if West had cosmetic surgery elsewhere.

"He feels terrible because he said she was such a sweet lady," Geffen said.

West was known for the strong bond she shared with her hip-hop star son. She was often seen by his side at parties and award shows. Kanye West often spoke of his close relationship with his mother, who raised him alone after her husband left when Kanye was 3.

The former chairwoman of Chicago State University's English department, Donda West served as chief executive of West Brands LLC, the parent company of her son's business enterprises. She also was chairwoman of the Kanye West Foundation, an educational nonprofit that works to decrease dropout rates and improve literacy.

Sp Ginobili 20
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I just read an article about it a couple of minutes ago. RIP. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

Sapphire
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Very sad--they were apparently very close. :depressed

robino2001
11-13-2007, 08:33 AM
The very weird thing about this - I'd just recorded a Kanye West concert/storytellers type thing from a few nights ago off of MTV-HD and I was watching it yesterday morning before work. He brought his mom up on stage, was singing and dancing with him and I stumbled across the article online that she had died.

Kinda a weird moment - you know. I'd never seen this woman in my life and all of a sudden I'm reading she just died. Just one of those weird things...

Kahn Souphanousinphone
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
"George Bush hates black people"

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 09:10 AM
The very weird thing about this - I'd just recorded a Kanye West concert/storytellers type thing from a few nights ago off of MTV-HD and I was watching it yesterday morning before work. He brought his mom up on stage, was singing and dancing with him and I stumbled across the article online that she had died.

Kinda a weird moment - you know. I'd never seen this woman in my life and all of a sudden I'm reading she just died. Just one of those weird things...

Wow, that's fucking crazy.

DarkReign
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Wow, that's fucking crazy.

You mean old people die?

No shit....

degenerate_gambler
11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
big deal...

so the ol' lady's taking a dirt nap.

Walter Craparita
11-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Poor arrogant bastard.

Dieing from cosmetic surgery.

Shelly
11-13-2007, 12:39 PM
The thing about this story is that the original doctor she went to refused to do surgery because of some health problems she had. So she went to another doctor and all sorts of thing are coming out about him.

Go over to TMZ.com--they have all sorts of info that's coming out about the doctor who DID perform the surgery.

LuvBones
11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Late yesterday it was revealed that Donda consulted another plastic surgeon before Adams, but that surgeon refused because of a medical condition. Adams knew of her condition but did not refuse Donda. Also new is the revelation that Adams has had three DUI's - one in 1994, one in 2003, and one in 2006. The Medical Board of California filed papers last April to revoke Dr. Adams' medical license because of the DUI's. Also of note is that Adams in not Board Certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery which is maybe important because of this:

Donda West's operation lasted eight hours -- twice as long as it should have. We're told Dr. Jan Adams began the operation Friday morning and finished Friday evening. He then sent Ms. West home, rather than to a recovery center, which we're told, would have been appropriate.
Several doctors at Centinela Hospital where West was taken, tell TMZ they believe the excessive amount of time it took to perform the procedure strongly suggests either something went wrong during the operation or the doctor was just too inexperienced.
We're told she was dead the next evening at her home before paramedics arrived.

fatsack
11-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I bet he'll somehow blame George Bush for this one...

LuvBones
11-13-2007, 12:58 PM
She didn't have medical clearance but she just had to get the procedure anyway. I don't understand why people do this.

thispego
11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
if i were rich i woulnt give a shit what i looked like. expecially if i was already old and my appearnace didnt really matter anyways. what a dumb bitch. mo money mo problems

Mixability
11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
She didn't have medical clearance but she just had to get the procedure anyway. I don't understand why people do this.

Money makes you feel invincible.

Shelly
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
And to expand on what LuvBones posted...

TMZ has obtained yet another malpractice lawsuit against Dr. Jan Adams, in which a patient claims she was deceived by Dr. Adams and Euclid Outpatient Surgery Center, because no one told her about all the malpractice claims against the doctor.

In a suit filed in Orange County Superior Court, Jana Beighle claims she went in for "a left breast capsulectomy." She says Adams was her doctor, and she was never told he "had an undisclosed history of medical malpractice claims and judgments."

The suit claims after the surgery in August, 2005, Beighle suffered from fluid collection and had to have her implants removed.

----------------------------------------------

TMZ has obtained a lawsuit, filed in Orange County Superior Court, claiming medical malpractice against Dr. Jan Adams.

Terrie Cage claims on June 27, 2007, Dr. Adams and another doctor "negligently and carelessly examined, diagnosed, cared for, treated and performed surgery upon plaintiff, failing to follow the standard care ..." As a result, Cage alleges she was "rendered sick, sore, lame and disabled."

A source tells TMZ Cage went in for breast augmentation, a tummy tuck and lipo.

florige
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Money makes you feel invincible.

I was thinking the same thing. She probably figured I'll just go throw more money at another surgeon and everything will be peachy cream. What a dumb thing to die from sheeesh!!

bigzak25
11-13-2007, 01:25 PM
that's sad to hear...Godbless his family.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I feel for the family she left behind, but there's no other way to characterize her actions but stupid. There is never such a thing as a routine surgery. Anytime you hack open the human body there is always that chance that things can go bad even under optimal conditions. But to take the risk she did for vanity's sake is just insane.

If there's any good to come of this it's that Kanye will probably sue this guy back to the Stone Age and he'll never pick up a scapel again.

thispego
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing. She probably figured I'll just go throw more money at another surgeon and everything will be peachy cream. What a dumb thing to die from sheeesh!!
:lmao

Shelly
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I feel for the family she left behind, but there's no other way to characterize her actions but stupid. There is never such a thing as a routine surgery. Anytime you hack open the human body there is always that chance that things can go bad even under optimal conditions. But to take the risk she did for vanity's sake is just insane.

If there's any good to come of this it's that Kanye will probably sue this guy back to the Stone Age and he'll never pick up a scapel again.

Sadly, there are many doctors in it for the $$$. A lot doctors don't think too highly of the 'titty' 'doctors. If I was looking for PS and found out my doctor was Michael Jackson's, I'd run far, far, away!

Das Texan
11-13-2007, 10:48 PM
She was an idiot. Why is this shit even news? Because her son is some hot shot rapper?

I feel no sorrow for her and her stupidity. The doctor who performed the surgery is also a fucking moron and should have her license revoked (plastic surgeon's have these I presume)

Kandy is Dandy
11-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Sings the song......

And another bites the dust, YAY another one does, another does another one bites the dust.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Now somehow, Orca Windbag is being tied into this whole thing:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21773642/

703 Spurz
11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Sucks to hear. Terrible way to die though. Not that there's a good way to leave this world but still.