PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Outlets Planned for SW Side

Buddy Holly
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Credit goes to Insomniac

A 500,000 sq ft retail center with 140 stores.

Grand opening is Spring 2009.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9701/sao3gq0.png

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4484/sao2qn3.png

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7287/saositevq4.png

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7664/sao5gp5.png

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7654/sao4pj7.png

ashbeeigh
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
What kind of stores? If it's stuff that isn't on the Northside I'll be there.

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 12:39 AM

You mean like carameled apples and fruitcups?

ashbeeigh
11-13-2007, 12:54 AM
You mean like carameled apples and fruitcups?

Well yes. I'd drive anywhere for those.

But seriously, I can't think of any place off the top of my head that I'm dying to shop at right now, except for H&M and I vaguely remember a mention of that coming to the La Cantera area.

AlamoSpursFan
11-13-2007, 12:59 AM

By "Northside" do you mean San Marcos?

:lol

Melmart1
11-13-2007, 01:02 AM
By "Northside" do you mean San Marcos?

I gotta say, in response to this ... I can't tell what is the northside anymore, what is "central" and what is everything else. The borders for the "sides" of town almost depend on who you talk to.

AlamoSpursFan
11-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I was just referring to the fact that these are "outlet" stores.

:)

fraga
11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Oooh...oooh...I gotta a question.....WHY???

2centsworth
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Southside is blowing up!

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
what's the over/under on how long before the first stabbing at the new mall once it opens?

1 week? 2?

2centsworth
11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
what's the over/under on how long before the first stabbing at the new mall once it opens?

1 week? 2?
have you ever been to that area of town? by your post, it doesn't sound like you have.

SouthSide is exploding with very nice houses, good jobs, and lots of retail businesses. It's just a little darker than what you're probably used to.

leemajors
11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Oooh...oooh...I gotta a question.....WHY???
just in time for the big recession!

fatsack
11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
that's great news!
i hope it takes highway traffic away from the North Side.. makes my drive easier.

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
have you ever been to that area of town? by your post, it doesn't sound like you have.

SouthSide is exploding with very nice houses, good jobs, and lots of retail businesses. It's just a little darker than what you're probably used to.

Actually, I'm down there everyday.

It's a shithole.

Buddy Holly
11-13-2007, 03:38 PM

It's a shithole.

Dude, stfu you ignorant jackass.

xrayzebra
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Am I the only one that remembers when SW Military was the
shopping area for SA. Looks like with these shops it may regain
some of that rep. Around Sear's on SW Miliary all the big names
were there.

jman3000
11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
when i think of the southside... i think of the mecca of pawn shops.

Buddy Holly
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
when i think of the southside... i think of the mecca of pawn shops.

Did it steal the title from the west side? :lol

T Park
11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
When I think of the southside, i think of home.

I've lived on the southside, and even went to Southside High School.

So a few of the less fortunate live on the southside.

So what?

Millitary and the whole southside really looks great lately.

Im more than proud to say I live on the southside and love to spend my money supporting the southside.

jman3000
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Did it steal the title from the west side? :lol
with all those pawn shops it's definately stealing something....

Man Sauce
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey I lived here in the southside pretty much all my life but I think thats the Indian Hills area. Thats not a good area to live in or better yet to put a shopping center. Besides isn't that an old landfill?

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Dude, stfu you ignorant jackass.

So I can't make fun of the southside but you can follow this up by making fun of the west side?

Not only are you a lying, unoriginal twat, but you're a hypocrite too. Good for you.

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh, and when are you going to "develop" something?

Buddy Holly
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
So I can't make fun of the southside but you can follow this up by making fun of the west side?

I made a joke about the west side, yes. A joke based on the fact that the west side has a lot of pawn shops. There's a difference between making a joke and being a lame and bitter jackass who insults for the sake of insulting.

Not only are you a lying, unoriginal twat, but you're a hypocrite too. Good for you.

Hypocrite? Buy a dictionary, look the word up and learn what it actually means then you might be able to use it in the correct context.

Buddy Holly
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh, and when are you going to "develop" something?

Yeah, because it's "that" simple. Actually, it's not quite as simple as being an annoying jackass on a forum. But maybe you just make it look easy.

01Snake
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM

It's a shithole.

Sapphire
11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey I lived here in the southside pretty much all my life but I think thats the Indian Hills area. Thats not a good area to live in or better yet to put a shopping center. Besides isn't that an old landfill?
They say the landfill is like a mile from there. And Indian Hills/Hidden Cove is a complete hell-hole. That neighborhood is about 2 miles down Old Pearsall, but still, I think 2 miles is a little close for comfort. I think its more Southwest than Southside, but I don't really keep up with those things. I just know I won't be shopping there, due to the aforementioned v-bookie on the stabbing. :lol Actually, I never go to that side of town, so that's the main reason I won't go there.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I remember doing my SAPD ride-along in Indian Hills.

High-speed chase ended there (started at the Taco Cabana at Marbach/410), some domestic violence, a weed bust tied to a warrant arrest... good times.

blizz
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
the SS is the armpit of SA. if it wasn't as bad as you people say it is, then it wouldn't have the reputation. dirties selling pit bulls on the side of the road, cars on blocks, ppl BBQing in the front yard, tejano blasting from one house enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, dogs chained up to trees, roosters making noise, 12-15 yr old punks in the middle of the street who just stare you down and move ever so slowly out of the way daring you to stare at them back or hit them, 15 yr old girls with three kids at every st corner and at night it's a new animal...cops all over, punks and thugs cruising up and down looking for trouble. fuck the SS.

johnsmith
11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I made a joke about the west side, yes. A joke based on the fact that the west side has a lot of pawn shops.

Right, and I made a joke that the southside is a shithole based on the large amount of shitty places there.

There's a difference between making a joke and being a lame and bitter jackass who insults for the sake of insulting.

What's bitter about thinking a certain are of town sucks?

Hypocrite? Buy a dictionary, look the word up and learn what it actually means then you might be able to use it in the correct context.

I know what the word means, just like I know what the word plagiarize means, and both are defining characteristics of your personality.

Yeah, because it's "that" simple. Actually, it's not quite as simple as being an annoying jackass on a forum. But maybe you just make it look easy.

See, now that just doesn't make sense. First, I'm assuming that by saying "because it's that simple" you are being sarcastic (lowest form of humor). Also, what was the point of putting quotation marks around "that"?

So, if it's just barely above being as simple as being an annoying jackass on a forum, then why haven't you developed anything? What I think is that your dive into the real estate business is none other then finding out when the next fast food chain or mall is coming to this area. I don't think you do anything in regards to real estate other then come to Spurstalk and post information that you claim to have discovered when in reality, no one gives a fuck and will surely find out on their own when they drive by all these places.

You have very little life, and very little future, but as long as the internet is alive and well, you can at least pawn others work off as your own.

Later bitch.

blizz
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh and I grew up on the WNW side...off Ingram inside the loop....and it's bad there too.....I wont go to that side of town unless I have to. Having stayed at my in-laws on the SS and heard gunshots nightly, I will NOT let my baby (when she's born) spend the night over there.

blizz
11-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't think you do anything in regards to real estate other then come to Spurstalk and post information that you claim to have discovered when in reality, no one gives a fuck

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

blizz
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
I also want to add...that I know there are exceptions to every rule and I KNOW there are some good, honest, hard working people on that side of town and it's a shame that people who don't care, have no ambition, or standards and don't want anything better for themselves run the area down and chase businesses away. The businesses are popping up there because of Toyota...if Toyota was on any other side of town there would be no development there whatsoever.

ashbeeigh
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Anyway...Thank you for keeping us updated about the development of the city Buddy Holly. No matter where or what is developed, it will help the city, in some way.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
No matter where or what is developed, it will help the city, in some way.

Unless it's strip clubs.

ashbeeigh
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Unless it's strip clubs.

of course.

Sapphire
11-13-2007, 10:21 PM
So then, the real question is--where are the new strip clubs by Toyota?

Das Texan
11-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Some of you people in this thread are idiots.

blizz
11-13-2007, 11:01 PM
no shit!

scott
11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Some of you people in this thread are idiots.

YOU PEOPLE? What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?

Shelly
11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
A CVS opened at Tezel and Guilbeau!!!

That's all I've got.

Das Texan
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
YOU PEOPLE? What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?

I mean YOU PEOPLE.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Right, and I made a joke that the southside is a shithole based on the large amount of shitty places there.

My mistake. How could I forgot about the shithole jokes. They are the life of any party. There's nothing better than walking up to someone and going: "Knock knock... who's there... you're a shithole!" The laughter never stops.

So, if it's just barely above being as simple as being an annoying jackass on a forum, then why haven't you developed anything? What I think is that your dive into the real estate business is none other then finding out when the next fast food chain or mall is coming to this area.

Yeah, that's what it is. Please contact Mitch Myers or Andres Andujar, they're both into fast food chains. That's one of the projects we're working on, fast food restaurants for East Town. I don't think there will be fast food chains in the new downtown [square] district I'm helping out with. :clap

Damn, did I name drop?

I don't think you do anything in regards to real estate other then come to Spurstalk and post information that you claim to have discovered when in reality, no one gives a fuck and will surely find out on their own when they drive by all these places.

If memory serves me correctly, I also post about trades that don't happen and jerk off to highway magazines.

You have very little life, and very little future, but as long as the internet is alive and well, you can at least pawn others work off as your own.

Later bitch.

Wow, I'll have to remember that one as I... this is were someone would brag about their life, I could but that's lame.

johnsmith
11-14-2007, 12:23 AM
My mistake. How could I forgot about the shithole jokes. They are the life of any party. There's nothing better than walking up to someone and going: "Knock knock... who's there... you're a shithole!" The laughter never stops.

Again, kick ass sarcasm. Do I need to go into the hilarity values of pawn shop jokes?

Yeah, that's what it is. Please contact Mitch Myers or Andres Andujar, they're both into fast food chains. That's one of the projects we're working on, fast food restaurants for East Town. I don't think there will be fast food chains in the new downtown [square] district I'm helping out with. :clap

I don't know, nor do I care who either of those guys are, so continue with the name dropping. Having said that, does an internship and running coffee for these gentleman really constitute helping?

Damn, did I name drop?

Fuck if I know?

If memory serves me correctly, I also post about trades that don't happen and jerk off to highway magazines.

Ok. So when is the new Adult Video Megaplex coming in? And where?

Wow, I'll have to remember that one as I... this is were someone would brag about their life, I could but that's lame.

Fat, drunk and lazy is nothing to brag about son.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 12:29 AM
I don't know, nor do I care who either of those guys are, so continue with the name dropping. Having said that, does an internship and running coffee for these gentleman really constitute helping?

Damn, I went from being a jobless loser who had nothing to do with real estate outside of the internet to someone who gives pretty important people in the land development and building engineering industries their coffee. Man, I'm moving up.

FYI, I've been out of college for two years. So sadly, no internship for me.

Fuck if I know?

Did you actually answer a rhetorical question?

Fat, drunk and lazy is nothing to brag about son.

Why do I get the distinct feeling your projecting your own self image at me? Tired of having it drilled into your head by your parents?

Fat? I've posted my picture on here before. No, not fat.

Drunk? Sadly, I don't drink (or smoke) so I can say I've never been drunk.

Lazy? I can be.

Mixability
11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
the SS is the armpit of SA. if it wasn't as bad as you people say it is, then it wouldn't have the reputation. dirties selling pit bulls on the side of the road, cars on blocks, ppl BBQing in the front yard, tejano blasting from one house enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, dogs chained up to trees, roosters making noise, 12-15 yr old punks in the middle of the street who just stare you down and move ever so slowly out of the way daring you to stare at them back or hit them, 15 yr old girls with three kids at every st corner and at night it's a new animal...cops all over, punks and thugs cruising up and down looking for trouble. fuck the SS.

I have nothing against the southside. If we could weed out the idiots, then it would be nice. And just to say, everyone of those things you listed about what's wrong with the southside, or as I like to call it "Little Mexico" is on point, for those people who just don't know. If the residents of the southside don't like get shitted on, then don't give us reason to.

degenerate_gambler
11-14-2007, 12:10 PM
So, if it's just barely above being as simple as being an annoying jackass on a forum, then why haven't you developed anything? What I think is that your dive into the real estate business is none other then finding out when the next fast food chain or mall is coming to this area. I don't think you do anything in regards to real estate other then come to Spurstalk and post information that you claim to have discovered when in reality, no one gives a fuck and will surely find out on their own when they drive by all these places.

You're probably right. A real player in the commercial real estate industry I'd venture to guess, has neither the time nor the inclination to let Spurstalk in on every single retail/office/industrial development going on in this city.

He probably gets his shit from here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-antonio/

degenerate_gambler
11-14-2007, 12:19 PM

Mitch Meyers IS a player. He's a principal with Loopy Ltd. They did the La Cascada condos.

johnsmith
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Mitch Meyers IS a player. He's a principal with Loopy Ltd. They did the La Cascada condos.

I'm sure he is. But it doesn't change the fact that Buddy Holly is full of shit.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm sure he is. But it doesn't change the fact that Buddy Holly is full of shit.

John, enough taking your own life's frustrations out on people on this forum, you can someday make something of yourself.It just takes dedication and will power. If not, just shut it already. Your drivel is not cost effective and it's pretty damn annoying.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
You're probably right. A real player in the commercial real estate industry I'd venture to guess, has neither the time nor the inclination to let Spurstalk in on every single retail/office/industrial development going on in this city.

First off, I never claimed to be some big hot shot in the real estate game, far from it, I'm a newcomer. Started with flipping homes and when I decided to go into land development in the urban arena (I'm going to try my best to say away from the suburban stuff) was lucky and fortunate enough to establish really good connections.

Second, don't come on here acting like you know just how much time any one in this industry has for whatever hobbies they have.

Third, Andres Andujar also posts on forums on other sites giving updates to his own projects as well as updates on other projects. I doubt you'd rag on him for that or question his position. Actually, it quite common to see people in this industry from beginners to veterans posting on certain forums. Anyone from real estate brokers to land brokers to higher ups of real estate development companies.

Fourth, if I actually posted every single thing I knew in terms of what was planned or what is under construction, I'd fill the entire first page on almost a weekly basis. I post maybe once a month on a project so don't over exaggerate my postings.

He probably gets his shit from here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-antonio/

Haha, I was on that site posting the same information and more (I don't nearly all the stuff I know on this forum)

Insomniac used my information to find those renderings, he emailed them to me before he even posted on that site.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I honestly do not know why I feel as though I have to prove myself to you people. As if I need to sort of validation.

Whatever.

11-14-2007, 02:25 PM
I think the real question is why do we need another strip center filled with the same crap as a mile down the road that's going to be half empty this time next year?

ChumpDumper
11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Looks like the layout is similar to that of the outlet center in Round Rock, a lot more compact and pedestrian friendly than the San Marcos outlets where you pretty much have to get in your car to go to a different cluster of stores. That's a step in the right direction for these kinds of shopping centers.

As for the shithole factor -- well, that area has been chronically underserved by retail. Maybe this is a step in the right direction as well. Hopefully security is tight and they taser patrons with little provocation.

Shelly
11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Buddy--if anything, you need to work on your people skills. Every thread of yours turns out like this when some disagrees with you or says something bad about San Antonio.

Someone here could know someone that you deal with and it very easily could get back to that person...and could very easily come back to haunt you.

Just some 'motherly' advice :)

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Advise noted Shelly, I appreciate it. But the reality is, the way I am on here and the way I am in real life and the work place are different. I'm actually quite shy and hardly if ever initiate any heated discussions with people.

I guess that's why I do it on internet forums, because of the ambiguity of the whole thing. However, I really doubt I'd have anything to worry about if word got around that I was a hot head on a internet forum.

Seriously, the people I sometimes deal with are worse than sailors when you talk to them. I once had a meeting at a coffee shop with a developer that was dropping F bombs all over the place. It was really funny because they were used in the most unnecessary ways and he just said them in the most natural of ways.

degenerate_gambler
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
First off, I never claimed to be some big hot shot in the real estate game, far from it, I'm a newcomer.

That's fine.

Act like it. You're no Rohde, Casey or Wender.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I wish. Marty Wender, I meet once very briefly, is a really cool guy. His vision for Westover Hills is barely scratching at the surface which is telling because it's already a wonderful area and I love the fact that he implemented a no billboard sign mandate along 151 that runs through Westover Hills.

I've never met Darren [Casey] but his project Tacara is going to be really special, it's one of the best uses of new urbanism I've seen in SA.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I love the fact that he implemented a no billboard sign mandate along 151 that runs through Westover Hills.

I didn't know that, but that's pretty cool. I guess not noticing it means it's working.

Buddy Holly
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
It's actually a mandate for all of Westover Hills not just the 151 corridor. Instead it's all monument signage.