PDA

View Full Version : atlanta hawks

coachmac87
11-13-2007, 02:57 AM
to me i think this team has serious potential to make noise in the east.....however they need to make some trades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have so many young promising players!!! but thats it...i mean what expectations seriously do the hawks management have going into the season?? do they expect to make the playoffs? if you seriously take a look at their roster some players have to go. and bring in a few veterans and this team will be a lock in the east to make the top eight

think about it look at the players:

PGs:tyrone lue, acie law, salim stoudamire, anthony johnson, speedy claxton (salim is a pg/sg) way toooooo many little guards!!! move them

SG/SF:marvin williams, josh smith, joe johnson, josh childress,mario west(one of these have to go as well) (smith and williams are not 4's)

PF/C:al horford,shelden williams,lorenzen wright, zaza pachulia,solomon jones,

if i were GM u have to get rid of 1 or 2 little guards (law is the only untouchable and maybe lue)

josh childress has to go! williams is a #2 pick so u may be forced to keep him but he could also bring excellent trade value...smith is great at help defense and joe johnson is possibly the most overrated superstar

and as for the bigs(horford and williams has a bright future but horford has to establish a low post game while williams does the dirty work with rebounding and blocking shots..

buuuuuuuuttttt they are the hawks and they probably have the worst management in the league :drunk

coachmac87
11-13-2007, 03:00 AM
i meant underrated superstar referring to joe

coachmac87
11-13-2007, 03:07 AM
damn didnt see that hawks thread......... :depressed

eisfeld
11-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Speedy Claxton is almost untradeable due to his contract and his value as a player. I don't think any team would be interested in him. Stoudemire and Claxton should be the guards they need to get rid of. Law is promising, Lue is still valuable and Johnson is a veteran who could have an impact on the youngsters development.

Smith is still raw and lacks a jumper, but he showed signs that he can develop one and then he is a really valuable player. Johnson is still an awesome player. Childress didn't live up to his hype and I second your opinion that he needs to go. Although, I'd rather see Williams go first. He should have more value than Childress, and they don't really need him.

Anyhow, I like the Big Men rotation of the Hawks and I wouldn't change anything there.