PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Yo, have some questions

is Horry on the active roster or Injured roster or inactive roster or out listed with an actual given "injury"?

I know its personal leave but how is he classified with the team/league while out?

can the league tell the spurs that Horry needs to come back since he is not injured and not in the inactive list if so?

---

who is on the practice squad? not dressed.

Whats the capacity of the ATT center?

Have games this season been sold out (actual not announced) from those who go to the games?

Can someone video the spurs introduction this season with their photo cameras or cell phone please, so we can see the new intro, song, etc.

what are the 4 special 35th anniversary celebrations that are planned?

Has Eva Longoria been to the Spurs game this season other than opening night?

How is the coyote doing? anything to mark the fact that he made the HALL OF FAME? any banner anywhere on concourse?

How much is parking at ATT center this year?

What celeb or former players go to the games this year other than Big Dave, Eva and Greg Simmons? heh

BTW, saw Tommy Lee Jones talking about how he follows the spurs! Great!

also,

Do you think the spurs will retire Danny Ferry's Number 35 this season to go alongside the 35th anniversary and Avery's retirement? heh

Pick one weapon you would take with you if you had to walk from IH35 to the ATT Center at night.

What ever happened to WWF matches at the Freeman coliseum???

Who writes for the San Antonio Light? =>

Where is Dan Cook?

Honor
DAN COOK
this 35th anniversary season!!!

duncan228
11-13-2007, 07:42 AM
I can only attempt one.
I believe the att center capacity for games is 18,797.

polandprzem
11-13-2007, 07:43 AM
If I answer this question I will win a autographed ball?

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 07:43 AM
thanks, such an odd number , 18,797

when first built was it always 18,797 or was it expanded as the years went by?

duncan228
11-13-2007, 07:44 AM
thanks, such an odd number , 18,797

when first built was it always 18,797 or was it expanded as the years went by?

I don't know.
It's not that old, my guess is that has always been the number.

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 07:44 AM
What was the capacity of the Hemesphere Arena?

What is built on the site where the hemesphere used to be?

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 07:45 AM
I don't know.
It's not that old, my guess is that has always been the number.

i wonder if there is a list of all stadium capacities

I bet that number will stand out

duncan228
11-13-2007, 07:47 AM
By the way, the poster here called THE SIXTH MAN has had his caption/title "18,797 strong" for a long time.

Just thought I'd mention it.

duncan228
11-13-2007, 07:49 AM
i wonder if there is a list of all stadium capacities

I bet that number will stand out

From boxscores, in the attendance at the bottom, it always seems to be odd numbers, no matter what the arena.

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 07:56 AM
thats intersting.

the spurs site says

The AT&T Center is an indoor arena located in San Antonio, Texas, USA. It was completed in 2002 as the SBC Center at a cost of $175 million, financed by county issued bonds which were supported by a hotel-occupancy and car rental tax increase and an additional contribution of $28.5 million from the Spurs.[1] The arena is home to the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA and the San Antonio Rampage of the AHL in the winter-spring, the San Antonio Silver Stars of the WNBA in the summer, and the annual San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo held in February. It seats 18,500 for basketball, 13,000 for hockey and 19,000 for concerts or religious gatherings, and contains 50 luxury suites. SBC Communications, Inc. purchased the naming rights to the facility under a 20-year, $41 million naming rights agreement with the City of San Antonio, the San Antonio Spurs and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo in July 2000. SBC Communications changed its name to AT&T, Inc. in November 2005 after its purchase of AT&T Corporation. The arena officially changed its name to AT&T Center in January 2006.

polandprzem
11-13-2007, 07:57 AM
www.google.com

this is good site

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
i think (actual people) attending is down this year or you dont think so? i know its always declared sell outs but alot of stadiums are empty up on the bowls especially. scalpers are rarely around much now in bigger markets and tickets online dont sell that well. Scalpers are still outside but no one is biting when they can walk to the box office and get face value.

The pre season was so empty at times, at least in hawaii, los angeles and other areas I went to.i think its more the economy than it is a statement by the fans about the ref betting or anything to do with the actual game. I dont think any team raised their prices this season. The clips and lakers were doing a buy one season ticket, get one free deal all off season. good promo.

I say offer $5 seats up in the bowls, for sale an hour before game.
WWE gives military troops free tickets to its shows. thats cool.

what does courtside tickets go for at ATT?
whats the cheapest ticket at ATT?

Do they blackout the TV broadcast in San Antonio when the Spurs are home?

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Why are the Spurs colors Silver and Black? How did that come about?

Why did the old logo have Pink? I heard it was to showcase Fiesta San Antonio, correct?

and obviously, the name Spurs because of cowboys right? its that simple, right. no other story why the name Spurs?

were there any other names before the Spurs name was chosen?

I know Chaparrals was the name when they moved from Dallas.

travis2
11-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Yo, have some questions

is Horry on the active roster or Injured roster or inactive roster or out listed with an actual given "injury"?

I know its personal leave but how is he classified with the team/league while out?

can the league tell the spurs that Horry needs to come back since he is not injured and not in the inactive list if so?

---

who is on the practice squad? not dressed.

Whats the capacity of the ATT center?

Have games this season been sold out (actual not announced) from those who go to the games?

Can someone video the spurs introduction this season with their photo cameras or cell phone please, so we can see the new intro, song, etc.

what are the 4 special 35th anniversary celebrations that are planned?

Has Eva Longoria been to the Spurs game this season other than opening night?

How is the coyote doing? anything to mark the fact that he made the HALL OF FAME? any banner anywhere on concourse?

How much is parking at ATT center this year?

What celeb or former players go to the games this year other than Big Dave, Eva and Greg Simmons? heh

BTW, saw Tommy Lee Jones talking about how he follows the spurs! Great!

also,

Do you think the spurs will retire Danny Ferry's Number 35 this season to go alongside the 35th anniversary and Avery's? heh

Would you walk from the 281 Highway ATT Exit to the ATT Center at night? If so, what weapon would you carry?

What ever happened to WWF matches at Freeman coliseum?

Who writes for the San Antonio Light?

Thanks.

Ummmmm...have you ever lived in SA? If so, how long ago?

There IS no 281 Highway ATT Exit.

There hasn't been a "San Antonio Light" since 1993.

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 08:16 AM
oh yea IH-35 not 281. LOL

they should change all highway signs that say IH-35 to the font and look of the 35th anniversary!

at least on the section that is around the ATT center. =>

easjer
11-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Seriously? Too much caffeine, coke, lack of lithium?

spurscenter
11-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Seriously? Too much caffeine, coke, lack of lithium?

no just questions