PDA

View Full Version : Marbury skips shootaround, Knicks PG absent amid speculation about his future

duncan228
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/11/13/marbury.knicks.ap/index.html

Marbury skips shootaround
Knicks PG absent amid speculation about his future

PHOENIX (AP) -- Stephon Marbury missed the New York Knicks shootaround Tuesday, and coach Isiah Thomas said he was uncertain whether the guard would show up for Tuesday night's game against the Phoenix Suns.

"That is an in-house matter, and we'll continue to keep it in-house," Thomas said when asked why Marbury went missing. "However, he is welcome back, and we want him as a member of this team."

The New York Daily News quoted an unidentified team source as saying Marbury was upset when he learned he would not be in the starting lineup.

Marbury's absence followed a story in Tuesday's Daily News indicating the Knicks were trying to reduce his role or get rid of him. A trade seems unlikely, because Marbury is scheduled to earn $42 million over the next two seasons.

"We hope to see him tonight," Thomas said. "However, if he is not, make no mistake about it, we do want him as a member of this basketball team."

Thomas said this was not the first time this kind of incident has happened.

"It seems like he and I go through this every November, then a couple of weeks go by and we kind of kiss and make up, then we go back to the business of trying to win basketball games," he said

lrrr
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
$21 mill a year for Starbury? Sheesh, Isaiah really takes the cake as stupidest NBA GM. This guy has no clule as to how to construct a team.

jman3000
11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
"It seems like he and I go through this every November, then a couple of weeks go by and we kind of kiss and make up, then we go back to the business of trying to win basketball games," he said

business must not be very good.

bdubya
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
$21 mill a year for Starbury?

It's idiocy like that that gives unrealistic expectations to poor, wild-haired Brazilian kids.

Bruno
11-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I really enjoy to see the Knicks team falling apart.
Karma is catching Isiah Thomas after his comments on Bruce.

jman3000
11-13-2007, 06:27 PM
well.. .his stats were around the 20 ppg 10 ast mark when he got that contract if i recall correctly.... he just never had the head to put those up consistently. things just went retarded when he got to the knicks.

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I really enjoy to see the Knicks team falling apart.
Karma is catching Isiah Thomas after his comments on Bruce.
Same here...

more they burn more excited i get :toast

spurscenter
11-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Where will stephon end up?

Whats the dealo?

Lets get him now!!!! for Malik Rose!

:fro

where is he going you think?

This is crazy that you can just leave your team. The old timers wish they could of done this, Imagine!!!!!!!

Wilt Chamberlain is rolling over his grave
Charles Barkley is rolling over his grave
Tom Copa is rolling over his grave.

seriously though, Whats the scoop on Stephon??????

If he is bought out by Knicks, anyone can sign him for whatever $$, right????????