PDA

View Full Version : Blazers win 4th in a row

tlongII
11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Great win over a strong Pistons team! Only a half game out of the division lead now.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Sorry the Nuggets are going to run you guys out of the building tomorrow night :smokin

Nuggs by at least 10 :elephant

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 06:24 AM
I want succes for Blazers.

I like your coach and several of your players...

Even though.... in a year or so i wont like you anymore if u threat Spurs supremacy :D

Findog
11-14-2007, 08:20 AM
I agree with what Henry Abbott said about this team: get your licks in now because it's going to be the other way around in two years.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Sorry the Nuggets are going to run you guys out of the building tomorrow night :smokin

Nuggs by at least 10 :elephant

too easy :smokin

sa_kid20
11-14-2007, 11:29 PM
The Blazers are gonna have to be dealt with next year for sure with Algridge and Oden

StylisticS
11-14-2007, 11:33 PM
I agree with what Henry Abbott said about this team: get your licks in now because it's going to be the other way around in two years.

Well this was a given when they drafted Oden. There is TOO much young talent on that team for them to continue to be as bad as they've been the past 3 years.

I know one thing. It's easier to root for this team than the Blazers teams from 99-03.

Tippecanoe
11-14-2007, 11:36 PM
The Blazers are gonna have to be dealt with next year for sure with Algridge and Oden

dont forget brandon roy

sa_kid20
11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
dont forget brandon roy
I was referring to the big men but yeah Brandon Roy is a stud as well

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Oden and Aldridge will be the only Blazers worth labelling "unmovable" if they are interested in cementing a future dynasty. Roy is easily replaced, Oden and Aldridge will be Twin Towers v2.0

monosylab1k
11-15-2007, 09:57 AM
If David Stern is really interested in the health of the NBA, he'll find a way to keep the Sonics in Seattle.

Seattle-Portland and Durant-Oden will be the next great NBA rivalry, these guys could be battling for the next 10-15 years. Moving the Sonics to OKC would fuck that up completely.

Findog
11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
If David Stern is really interested in the health of the NBA, he'll find a way to keep the Sonics in Seattle.

Seattle-Portland and Durant-Oden will be the next great NBA rivalry, these guys could be battling for the next 10-15 years. Moving the Sonics to OKC would fuck that up completely.

Moving the Sonics to OKC would fuck up a lot of things. OKC long-term is no more viable than Memphis or Sacramento. Seattle fans have supported their team through thick and thin, they've been screwed over by Howard Schultz, David Stern and Clay Bennett. I think OKC is a better market than New Orleans, they should buy out Shinn and let Bennett have the Hornets.

monosylab1k
11-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Moving the Sonics to OKC would fuck up a lot of things. OKC long-term is no more viable than Memphis or Sacramento. Seattle fans have supported their team through thick and thin, they've been screwed over by Howard Schultz, David Stern and Clay Bennett. I think OKC is a better market than New Orleans, they should buy out Shinn and let Bennett have the Hornets.
That's really what pisses me off....it makes so much sense for the Sonics to stay put. In fact, every reasonable and rational thought on the subject suggest that the Sonics stay put. The ONLY reason they'd leave is dinero.

The way this situation is handled will ultimately show whether David Stern really cares about the NBA or if he's just all about the money. Although I think we already know the answer to that.

Findog
11-15-2007, 10:22 AM
That's really what pisses me off....it makes so much sense for the Sonics to stay put. In fact, every reasonable and rational thought on the subject suggest that the Sonics stay put. The ONLY reason they'd leave is dinero.

The way this situation is handled will ultimately show whether David Stern really cares about the NBA or if he's just all about the money. Although I think we already know the answer to that.

And of course the argument made by the people that have a hard-on in their pants for the Oklahoma City Bombers is that the city of Seattle didn't make a good-faith effort to build the Sonics a new arena. It ignores the fact that they weren't going to give Schultz carte blanche and EVERYTHING he wanted and rather than compromise and work something out, he sold the team in a huff to a guy that had no intention of keeping them there.

And that's the other thing - Seattle is so much better a market than NOLA or OKC, or if you want to compare a similar situation, Charlotte. Stern gave them a new team as a gesture acknowledging that it was not their fault they lost the Hornets since Shinn was such a fuckhead. It's not Seattle's fault they're going to lose the Sonics. I don't they have an objection to providing the Sonics a new facility, I think the objection is bending over and taking it up the ass for Schultz and then Bennett. There's a huge difference. The Seahawks and Mariners got their facilities.