PDA

View Full Version : Another D'antoni outburst

SpursWillOwn
11-14-2007, 02:51 AM
After calling out on Phil jackson, this whiny little bitch is talkin bout how dead the crowd is even after winning. Phoenix is not only going to out of the race for championship but also out of the race for tv ratings.

"I'm not real impressed," D'Antoni said. "We're OK. We should have had more energy. We should have played harder, and the crowd's worse than we are. I mean, they're deader than we are."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007111321

really, i had enough of this guy. hope we dont have to even play a series with em in the playoffs.

RonMexico
11-14-2007, 02:54 AM
That's because Phoenix is now full of transplants from other cities who have no ties to the team and are too busy trying to look pretty (a la Dallas). I still have a recording of a 1993 regular season game and the place is just rocking... it's sad to see all these bandwagon fans there.

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Great... he is putting his idiotism on a all new level :toast

He should call Isiah Thomas some time to meet for a drink or two.

TampaDude
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
That's because Phoenix is now full of transplants from other cities who have no ties to the team and are too busy trying to look pretty (a la Dallas). I still have a recording of a 1993 regular season game and the place is just rocking... it's sad to see all these bandwagon fans there.

PHX = teh fail

Armando
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I think it had more to do with the Knicks. If it had been the Mavs or better yet the Spurs the crowd would have been more into it.

da_suns_fan__
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Could be worse...we could be not selling out like the Spurs.

MajorMike
11-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Man, that guy has some pretty teeth.

coachmac87
11-14-2007, 10:47 AM
ok thats seriously not an issue......but come on the coach cannot call out the fans like that...thats bs....if i paid money for a ticket it doesnt matter if i get crunk or not ya dig...and dude every year is the same for the suns...win 60 games or so and choke in the playoffs...your fans even kno the deal

Reggie Miller
11-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Great... he is putting his idiotism on a all new level :toast

He should call Isiah Thomas some time to meet for a drink or two.

I think Mikey is on the meth.

So now it's the FANS' fault when the Suns don't play well? This guy is on a downward spiral to the Francis Farmer Motel.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I must admit that keeps me awake at night. I just sit in my office and stare at the "Dynasty" Express News on my wall, feeling bitter. :lol

Ronaldo McDonald
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
suns fans must be all laughed out after that really long playoff run last year.

DubMcDub
11-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Then why are Dallas's fans so much better?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-14-2007, 03:28 PM

no, you just sound like you're not selling out

howbouthemspurs
11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
HAHAHA! this guy is funny

41times
11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Hopefully 3FirstNames will stay in phoenix for a loooooong time. Because as long as he is their coach, they will Never win a Title!

RonMexico
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Then why are Dallas's fans so much better?

They actually aren't at all. I guess you've never scanned the crowd at AAC - they're all too busy looking in the mirror or thinking about the clubs they'll be going to that night.

RonMexico
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Man, that guy has some pretty teeth.

Another non-sequitor from CaptDouche

timvp
11-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Update:

“(I vented about the fans) because the fans deserved it,” said D’Antoni, a day after describing Tuesday’s crowd as “deader than we are” when his team struggled to put away the short-handed Knicks. “If they’re going to boo us, hell, what’s the difference, I can boo them."

“(Tuesday), they didn’t come ready. You have to come every game, you have to bring it … and they didn’t bring it. There was no atmosphere. Everybody — us, them — was just kind of down and blah and there’s not reason to be.”

This is hilarious. I'm seriously considering changing :madrun into :dantoni

D'Antoni probably would have offed himself if his team didn't sell out a western conference finals playoff game . . .

anakha
11-15-2007, 04:34 AM
Good Lord.

:lmao at D'Antoni bitching about the fans. Way to look out for your supporters, buddy.

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2007, 05:05 AM
this just show most of them are on the bandwagon

Kamnik
11-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Update:

This is hilarious. I'm seriously considering changing :madrun into :dantoni

D'Antoni probably would have offed himself if his team didn't sell out a western conference finals playoff game . . .

I hope they dont get a coach with balls!

Let him stay there and ensure our free passage to the finals this year!

:clap

ShoogarBear
11-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Man, D'Antoni is really setting himself up. If the Suns ever hit a rocky patch and his coaching starts getting scrutinized, he'll be fresh out of a support base.

Solid D
11-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Spurs fans, particularly those sitting in sections starting with a "1", could use a talking-to about wearing mittens to games.

smrattler
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Corporate America is cleaning up seats at our local arenas. They need to stick to buying suites.

Too often with the floor seats you get uptight people. Maybe it's because the seats are expensive and the more money people have the more calm they get? :) We need to price those floor seats, especially the ones behind the opponent's bench, to nosebleed levels. Nah, they'd scalp them. Give them away to crazy die hard fans.

Shred
11-16-2007, 07:18 AM
You almost have to stand up and shout at SBC. The person on each side of you weighs 3 bills, and there's mounds of flesh pressing down, suffocating you if you don't....

lebomb
11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
You almost have to stand up and shout at SBC. The person on each side of you weighs 3 bills, and there's mounds of flesh pressing down, suffocating you if you don't....

Its not the SBC dumbass.....its the AT&T......win a ship and come back and talk to us. :rolleyes

Reggie Miller
11-16-2007, 10:08 AM

I believe you are thinking of Conseco Fieldhouse.

Sweetey
11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I think Mikey is on the meth.

So now it's the FANS' fault when the Suns don't play well? This guy is on a downward spiral to the Francis Farmer Motel.
Now THAT's funny. dantoni is definitely a loon !!!
:lol

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Its not suprising to me that this guy made a comment like that about the fans. He puts the blame on the fans for having a hard time with the Knicks. What about putting the blame on himself for not teaching his team how to play defense?

OldDirtMcGirt
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't get why people are so pissed off about this. The crowd was kind of lame, and he was just telling the truth. I could give less than two shits about this.

Xylus
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't get why people are so pissed off about this. The crowd was kind of lame, and he was just telling the truth. I could give less than two shits about this.
Yeah, seriously. The Phoenix crowd can become complacent and somewhat quiet, and I'm glad D'Antoni called them out on it. Last night's crowd was way louder than the Knicks crowd.

Reggie Miller
11-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, seriously. The Phoenix crowd can become complacent and somewhat quiet, and I'm glad D'Antoni called them out on it. Last night's crowd was way louder than the Knicks crowd.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just can't stand the guy. To be fair, I despise Phil Jackson even more. I'll be the first to admit that I look for excuses to criticize both of them.

In all seriousness, he's biting the hand that feeds. Nothing good ever comes of that. D'Antoni seems determined to make the wrong move at every turn, regardless of consequences. The media, the fans, etc. are going to turn on him sooner or later, and he still won't get it.

Kriz-Maxima
11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
People aren't pissed they are having a ball.