PDA

View Full Version : It's Chatwin vs. Marsters in Dragon Ball Z

The Red Hood
11-14-2007, 03:51 AM
Source: Variety
November 13, 2007

20th Century Fox has set Justin Chatwin (The Invisible, War of the Worlds) to play Goku and James Marsters ("Smallville," "Angel," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as the villain Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z.

In the big screen adaptation, Goku is a powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

Actor/writer/director Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) is producing. Final Destination helmer James Wong will direct from a script he wrote. Ben Ramsey wrote an earlier draft.

The story is based on Akira Toriyama's popular manga that has spawned graphic novels, a long-running TV series and more than 25 video games. The Jump Comics division of Tokyo-based Shueisha published the "Dragon Ball" manga.

With shooting scheduled to begin later this month, Fox will bow the sci-fi/adventure worldwide Aug. 15. Chatwin has already begun training with 87Eleven, the stunt performance company behind the action sequences in The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy,Mr. & Mrs. Smith and 300.

ORION
11-14-2007, 10:38 AM
doubt it

Duff McCartney
11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
That anime is just too impossible to do in the big screen. There's so many effects that would be need to make it possible.

ORION
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
That anime is just too impossible to do in the big screen. There's so many effects that would be need to make it possible.
There is no way they could do it and please everyone.

thispego
11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
you guys have got to be shitting me... dragon ball z?!?!?!?? come on :rolleyes

thispego
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
and duff mccartney is still allowed to post?

phyzik
11-14-2007, 01:45 PM

I dont know, I thought the final fight seen between Neo and Mr. Smith in the last Matrix movie was kinda dragon ball Zish.

CuckingFunt
11-14-2007, 01:49 PM
The odds of me sitting through a Dragon Ball Z movie are pretty slim, so it's not really an issue one way or the other, but James Marsters will never be able to escape the Spike character.

E20
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
This will never work out. LMAO

I wouldn't want it to happen. DBZ was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid and still is, I have all 291 episodes/13 movies. :lol Don't fuck this up, you already fucked up every single comic book character.

Mister Sinister
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM

I wouldn't want it to happen. DBZ was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid and still is, I have all 291 episodes/13 movies. :lol Don't fuck this up, you already fucked up every single comic book character.
Fucking signed. Are you gonna buy/rent Tenkaichi 3?

E20
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Fucking signed. Are you gonna buy/rent Tenkaichi 3?
Probably, it came out yesterday. I don't know what else they can do with that video game series, they sucked every possible resource and put it in Tenkaichi 2. I heard it's basically the same thing except with minor characters put in, whatever makes money, I guess. :lol

Mister Sinister
11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Probably, it came out yesterday. I don't know what else they can do with that video game series they sucked every possible resource and put it in Tenkaichi 2. I heard it's basically the same thing except with minor characters put in, whatever makes money, I guess. :lol
I reserved it on Sunday, but I'm getting it tomorrow, as Thursday=payday. I "FUCK YEAH!"-ed when I saw King Cold on the character list.

DarkReign
11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
DBZ...LOL

Making movies of poorly translated and terribly paced cartoons. Hollywood has hit the lowest of lows.

thispego
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
UHH... YEAH

LaMarcus Bryant
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
This is the gayest thing I've heard for the entire month of November...I don't even know where to begin

1) Piccolo as the villain in part 1 means they'd have to make like 3 more movies for the storylines to really get good...

2) Like already mentioned by MacDuff, the effects would be impossible to legitimately bring to live screen

3) Matrix (and others) have already done (over...and over...and over) the fast paced strike and block fighting scenes that this movie will inevitably yield..

4) No Vegeta = gay

5) E20 is right, if they have messed up every comic character, imagine what they'll do to DBZ
lol, this may make it into my hall of fame top 10 worst movies of all time

E20
11-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I reserved it on Sunday, but I'm getting it tomorrow, as Thursday=payday. I "FUCK YEAH!"-ed when I saw King Cold on the character list.
King Vegeta FTW actually.

Think of all the combinations:
King Vegeta and Vegeta vs King Cold and Freeza
Bardock and Goku vs King Cold and Freeza
Vegeta and Goku vs King Vegeta and Bardock
Bardock and Goku vs King Vegeta and Vegeta
Bardock and King Vegeta vs King Cold and King Cold
The possibilities are endless and this are only 6 characters. :lol

phyzik
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Definately Street Figher 2 The movie forum material :lol

Walter Craparita
11-14-2007, 10:54 PM

They will fuck it up. Look what they have done with 80% of comic book movies.

I had my DBZ phase when I was in middle school.

Mister Sinister
11-14-2007, 11:16 PM
King Vegeta FTW actually.

Think of all the combinations:
King Vegeta and Vegeta vs King Cold and Freeza
Bardock and Goku vs King Cold and Freeza
Vegeta and Goku vs King Vegeta and Bardock
Bardock and Goku vs King Vegeta and Vegeta
Bardock and King Vegeta vs King Cold and King Cold
The possibilities are endless and this are only 6 characters. :lol
Well, I fuck yeah!'d at King Vegeta, as well. And King Piccolo. But yeah, this shit is going to rock so hard. As a series, DBZ may now be a total and complete joke, but it makes a damn good fighting game.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
As said already many times in this thread, it WILL NOT work. I'm a huge DBZ fan and the show just has too much animation to make it possible on the big screen. And besides, making Piccolo the main villian will probably lead to like 10 sequels when it probably doesn't even need the 1st. And dear Lord, imagine if they add DBZGT. :dramaquee

Duff McCartney
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
and duff mccartney is still allowed to post?

Why wouldn't I be allowed to post?

J.T.
11-15-2007, 02:08 AM
This movie won't come close to making back what is spent on it if they are going to have Matrix type SFX in it.

v2freak
11-15-2007, 03:40 AM

Agreed, this is messed up. Why do they have to ruin every cartoon/comic out there?

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2007, 04:28 AM
i got the preview of it

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/still_tippin/1185337441927.gif

thispego
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Why wouldn't I be allowed to post?
because you dont repay debts

Duff McCartney
11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
because you dont repay debts

It's quite obvious you've been stuck under a rock for two or three years.

phyzik
11-15-2007, 01:02 PM
i got the preview of it

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/still_tippin/1185337441927.gif

:lmao

I like how he "powers up" at the end, omfg!

:rollin

thispego
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
the same rock that you swept your debt under while you were busy purchasing Ambercrombie clothes and guitars?

Duff McCartney
11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
the same rock that you swept your debt under while you were busy purchasing Ambercrombie clothes and guitars?

So what do you want then? You want me to stop posting? Or you want Kori to delete my account? Then I'll do it...you just say the word and I'll tell her so I don't ever post here again.

thispego
11-16-2007, 11:48 AM
So what do you want then? You want me to stop posting? Or you want Kori to delete my account? Then I'll do it...you just say the word and I'll tell her so I don't ever post here again. :elephant nah you're cool dude, you squared up, didn't realize it :tu http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30691&highlight=Duff

Duff McCartney
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
:elephant nah you're cool dude, you squared up, didn't realize it :tu http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30691&highlight=Duff

Of course you didn't realize...that's why it's easy for you to judge and start spitting venom at me when you really know nothing.

I don't blame you...you're only human...but I do think it's funny...that you basically threw me to the dogs without actually knowing everything.

thispego
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Of course you didn't realize...that's why it's easy for you to judge and start spitting venom at me when you really know nothing.

I don't blame you...you're only human...but I do think it's funny...that you basically threw me to the dogs without actually knowing everything.
i knew everything i needed to know; you borrowed money, promised to pay it back, didnt for two years, but somehow still managed to pay for expensive clothes and guitars that you probably suck at playing anyways. I dont give a shit what you needed the money for or why you couldn't pay it back. people who welch on financial agreements are lame, and you sir, are lame.
so here's some more venom for you :vomit: <-----this is you

Duff McCartney
11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
i knew everything i needed to know; you borrowed money, promised to pay it back, didnt for two years, but somehow still managed to pay for expensive clothes and guitars that you probably suck at playing anyways. I dont give a shit what you needed the money for or why you couldn't pay it back. people who welch on financial agreements are lame, and you sir, are lame.
so here's some more venom for you :vomit: <-----this is you

I didn't welch on it...I paid it back.

Okay then like I said...if you don't want me to post in this board at all...then say the word. That seemed to be your biggest problem...and that I shouldn't be allowed to post here...so then say the word....and I won't.

When did I ever pay for expensive clothes? You are just making things up about that...I bought a guitar...that took me 4 months to buy...and it wasn't expensive...and I bought it on layaway.

TheTruth
11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
People still do layaway?

thispego
11-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I didn't welch on it...I paid it back.

Okay then like I said...if you don't want me to post in this board at all...then say the word. That seemed to be your biggest problem...and that I shouldn't be allowed to post here...so then say the word....and I won't.

When did I ever pay for expensive clothes? You are just making things up about that...I bought a guitar...that took me 4 months to buy...and it wasn't expensive...and I bought it on layaway.
ok, i dont want you to post here anymore

no i dont care. i just am in constant need of talking shit to someone and I couldn't find any retarded posts at the time so I decided to give you shit about your past transgressions. its all good in the hood brah