PDA

View Full Version : Kobe in 2 years... possible? Would you embrace him?

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 08:45 AM
1. Is it possible Kobe would sign with SA for almost minimum in 2 years? :toast He seems frustrated enough to do it....

2. How much would you like to see that happen?

I think it is possible and it would not distrupt the chemistry because he would basicly come into a situation and enviroment he would have to comply to it and not the other way around.

The respect he gives out to the Spurs, TD, even Bowen... I would love to see him come over.

Just imagine a lineup of TP, Kobe, Bowen and Duncan with Manu coming from the bench :dizzy

ArgSpursFan.
11-14-2007, 08:46 AM
great player,but no thanx.

exstatic
11-14-2007, 08:53 AM
In two years, Kobe will be 32, with a TON of miles on the odometer, and looking for his last big score, contract wise. Some team will be stupid and give it to him. I'm hoping it won't be SA.

Don't believe him when he says he wants to win. He wants to win AND get paid, but if it's a choice, he'll choose the Benjamins.

Kermit
11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, if he wants to fit in and take less money, then hell yes.

exstatic
11-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Well, if he wants to fit in and take less money, then hell yes.

He'll do neither.

Are you not following the Kobe saga at all? He's not about "fitting in" AT ALL.

Kermit
11-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Are you following the if that's in front of the he in the sentence I wrote? It was a hypothetical question, no? Conjecture much?

Darkwaters
11-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Kobe would be a disaster in San Antonio. Hes never been a team player as he doesn't understand the concept. Plus hes an ass to boot. He wouldn't have either the basketball mindset or the moral standing that we typically desire.

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Kobe would be a disaster in San Antonio. Hes never been a team player as he doesn't understand the concept. Plus hes an ass to boot. He wouldn't have either the basketball mindset or the moral standing that we typically desire.

With an almost minimum salary the risk taken would be really small in comparison what could be gained.

Cut him if necesary... Would still be a good gamble

alamo50
11-14-2007, 09:55 AM
HELL NO!

Extra Stout
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
1. Is it possible Kobe would sign with SA for almost minimum in 2 years? :toast He seems frustrated enough to do it....

2. How much would you like to see that happen?

I think it is possible and it would not distrupt the chemistry because he would basicly come into a situation and enviroment he would have to comply to it and not the other way around.

The respect he gives out to the Spurs, TD, even Bowen... I would love to see him come over.

Just imagine a lineup of TP, Kobe, Bowen and Duncan with Manu coming from the bench :dizzy
Why dream of things that have zero chance of happening?

J.T.
11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Let's sign Lebron, Wade, Josh Howard and Shawn Marion too. Then Bowen won't have to do dick all season!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Why dream of things that have zero chance of happening?isn't that the point? :lol

Walter Craparita
11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
HELL NO!

SAGambler
11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
HELL NO!

My sentiments exactly.

I can't believe there are still Spurs fans willing to suck Kobe's rod because they think he is soooooooo great. When will they wake up and realize he is like a spoiled kid and a cancer to boot?

I wouldn't want him anywhere near a Spurs team.

1Parker1
11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Spurs fans are delusional if they wouldn't jump at the chance of taking even a 32 year old Kobe for the 2 year minimum. He's played perfectly fine when he's had the approriate players around him....see Team USA or even the All Star games or early Lakers run.

If that's all he wanted and he wanted to come to the Spurs, I'm pretty sure Pop and company would jump at the chance. :rolleyes

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Spurs fans are delusional if they wouldn't jump at the chance of taking even a 32 year old Kobe for the 2 year minimum. He's played perfectly fine when he's had the approriate players around him....see Team USA or even the All Star games or early Lakers run.

If that's all he wanted and he wanted to come to the Spurs, I'm pretty sure Pop and company would jump at the chance. :rolleyes

exactly

IT IS NOT LIKE IM DREAMING ABOUT HIM OR HE WOULD BE EVEN IN MY TOP 50 FAVOURITE PLAYERS...

i just put it out as a hypothetical question

and even if this would happen i am sure Pop would make sure that things would be clear to him before signing

meaning: he is a role player... meaning he does what Pop tells him and what he can for the team to win

a role player in the meaning of... NOT BEING DA MAN or whatever

this team starts and ends with TD until he retires... and after he does TP is the main figure if he doesnt sign somewhere else

hater
11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Kobe sucks and is finished. just look at last nights game

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
1. It's next to impossible.

2. If he were willing to sign for peanuts I'd be willing to take that as a good faith sign that he's serious about playing for the team and not just for himself. Of course, with the minutes he's played already plus two more years of that it will be interesting to see just what he has left in the tank.

TradeManu4Kobe
11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
trade manu for kobe right now

YODA
11-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Lets put this all in perspective. What if any superstar would anyone want to come to the Spurs? Take away all money situatuions, who wouod you want?
Kobe? hmmm
Yao- dont think it would work
nash- playing time troubles with tp
wade- woulld he fit?
tracy- woudnt feel good about it
dirk- there goes our D
kidd- more playing time truobles
king james?--i wonder..maybe...nahh
garnett- yeah right..
allen....not in this system
I cant think of any superstar.....but maybe there are solid role players who might work like. Just a few off top of head,but sure alot more
Jermaine oneal-maybe now he would come
aldridge- young talent
gasol- wasnt there some issues with him in memhis>?

ChumpDumper
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I'd rather pick up Artest.

smeagol
11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
A "Kobe to the Spurs" thread . . . we haven't seen one of those in a while . . .

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Lets put this all in perspective. What if any superstar would anyone want to come to the Spurs? Take away all money situatuions, who wouod you want?
Kobe? hmmm
Yao- dont think it would work
nash- playing time troubles with tp
wade- woulld he fit?
tracy- woudnt feel good about it
dirk- there goes our D
kidd- more playing time truobles
king james?--i wonder..maybe...nahh
garnett- yeah right..
allen....not in this system
I cant think of any superstar.....but maybe there are solid role players who might work like. Just a few off top of head,but sure alot more
Jermaine oneal-maybe now he would come
aldridge- young talent
gasol- wasnt there some issues with him in memhis>?

i am seriously surpirised that more superstars dont do what Michael Finley did

if somone earns 100 mil with basketball and probably another 100 mil with commercials and similar shit why does he go and sign a huge contract that limits his club when looking for other players

PER SAY:

fucking kevin garnett... guy is a human vagina (read why i think so before bashing me)

he goes crying on tv how frustrated he is about loosing etc

ok... i respect having feelings

but why does he go and sign an extension for average of 18 mil or something a year with boston?!?!

he has so much money that he cannot spend it in his lifetime EVEN IF HE TRIES

would it make sence to sign for something like 5 mil a year with having many player options (meaning.... if boston doesnt get good players,coaches around him for serious playoff runs he just opts out)

but this way it could happen boston sucks in 2 years and he will be crying again how frustrated he is with loosing

what would you prefer having...

400mil and being a person that always lost and doesnt have a single ring

or a person with 300 mil and seen as a person who took SERIOUS paycuts to be in a winning enviroment and someone who actually won things and didnt cry about his situation

money isnt everything

Soul_Patch
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
It is comical how absolutely arrogant so many Spurs fans are. If you mention any bigger named star player in the league, and put it in conjunction with the spurs....All you here is NOOOO, Locker room cancer, selfish, ball hog, all about the money!!!!!!

You have got to be a complete bonehead if someone offers you kobe bryant for any reasonable ammount of money, and you pass it up. If anything you get him away from the competition and sit him...but give me a break...

I heard this about Robert Horry...oh hell no, id never want robert horry on this team...no way!!! i hate him!!! now what???

Finley....OOOHHooohhh...no way, ball hog, all about the stardom..etc...now what??

van exel (ok he kinda sucked) but you get the point...

A persons environment has a lot to do with how they react and proact to things...you cannot just be so damn close minded all the time and act like everyone else in the league is just trash compared to the spurs...we got a great thing going, and there is no need at all to change it right now, but who knows what happens in 2 years, and if somoene is offering you what arguably is one of the best players in the league, you dont just snub the idea...

Kamnik
11-14-2007, 12:55 PM
It is comical how absolutely arrogant so many Spurs fans are. If you mention any bigger named star player in the league, and put it in conjunction with the spurs....All you here is NOOOO, Locker room cancer, selfish, ball hog, all about the money!!!!!!

You have got to be a complete bonehead if someone offers you kobe bryant for any reasonable ammount of money, and you pass it up. If anything you get him away from the competition and sit him...but give me a break...

I heard this about Robert Horry...oh hell no, id never want robert horry on this team...no way!!! i hate him!!! now what???

Finley....OOOHHooohhh...no way, ball hog, all about the stardom..etc...now what??

A persons environment has a lot to do with how they react and proact to things...you cannot just be so damn close minded all the time and act like everyone else in the league is just trash compared to the spurs...we got a great thing going, and there is no need at all to change it right now, but who knows what happens in 2 years, and if somoene is offering you what arguably is one of the best players in the league, you dont just snub the idea...

Mixability
11-14-2007, 12:56 PM

:tu

ChumpDumper
11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
All good points -- except none of those guys were or are pure evil like Kobe.

Soul_Patch
11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I think a good example of this arrogance was when Bob Hill left the spurs, and everyone just HATED Pop and were ready to dump the spurs all together...

There are other people out there who are good people too...open yer eyes folks.

I am a huge spurs homer, but im also reasonable.

E20
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Kobe to the Spurs for a 1 year deal at the minimum? YES

3 1st team all defenders on the starting 5, as well as 3 BIG offensive threats in the starting lineup + Manu coming off the bench. HELL FUCKING YES I"D DO THAT SHIT IN A HEART BEAT. I mean people were bagging on finley when he hit bruce with that elbow that one game and now we're all to accepting him. Would be no different for Kobe. And if Kobe doesn't wanna follow Pops rules then waive his ass. SIMPLE!

SpurOutofTownFan
11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Hope not altought Pop likes him.. anyway I don't see it happening while he is still in his prime as we would need to give them everything we have to trade for him. Maybe as a 33+ year old trying to get another ring, maybe, maybe

travis2
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
C'mon, people, let's get real...

Yes, the probability of this happening is too small to calculate reliably, even using double precision arithmetic.

But...completely hypothetical situation...

At the end of next season (when Kobe can go free and clear), Kobe's agent contacts the Spurs front office and says "Kobe would like to come play for you at the minimum for his longevity".

Hell, let's sweeten the pot...let's say his agent says "Kobe would like to come play for the MLE". (Assuming of course the Spurs have the MLE to play with that year...I haven't checked)

The threshold for insanity in the Spurs FO is 1 millisecond. That is, if it takes longer than 1 millisecond for RC to say "Please sign right here", you know the man is not firing on all cylinders.

Please...you get Kobe on the cheap and without a trade...you HONESTLY would turn that down?? GMAFB...