PDA

View Full Version : H-E-B Unveils Spurs Ice Cream - Slam Dunk Chocolate Chunk

Kori Ellis
11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry if this was already posted ...

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2007/11/12/daily21.html?ana=e_du

H.E. Butt Grocery Co. (H-E-B) says it has unveiled the first official ice cream inspired by the four-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs.

The San Antonio-based grocery company is introducing Slam Dunk Chocolate Chunk under its H-E-B Creamy Creations brand.

Company officials say the ice cream features chocolate-coated crisps and a chocolate swirl dunked in vanilla ice cream.

The unique packaging features the Spurs' black and silver color scheme and an image of the team's popular Coyote mascot in a dunking pose. It also includes the Spurs' 2007-08 home schedule.

The limited-edition Spurs' Slam Dunk flavor will be available throughout the 2007-2008 basketball season in approximately 165 H-E-B stores throughout Central and South Texas.

"There's no bigger Spurs fan in Texas than H-E-B and we are proud to call them our hometown team," says Winell Herron, group vice president of public affairs and diversity for the company.

"We wanted to do something special to mark their four NBA championships," Herron continues.

H-E-B introduced Creamy Creations in its stores in 1998. The ice cream, which company officials say is made specifically for Texans' particular tastes, is produced locally.

H-E-B produces 7 million half-gallons of ice cream annually.

boutons_
11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
This makes me wanna see Pop eating and spitting out dirty carrots. :)

easjer
11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Sorry if this was already posted ...

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2007/11/12/daily21.html?ana=e_du

H.E. Butt Grocery Co. (H-E-B) says it has unveiled the first official ice cream inspired by the four-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs.

The San Antonio-based grocery company is introducing Slam Dunk Chocolate Chunk under its H-E-B Creamy Creations brand.

Company officials say the ice cream features chocolate-coated crisps and a chocolate swirl dunked in vanilla ice cream.

The unique packaging features the Spurs' black and silver color scheme and an image of the team's popular Coyote mascot in a dunking pose. It also includes the Spurs' 2007-08 home schedule.

The limited-edition Spurs' Slam Dunk flavor will be available throughout the 2007-2008 basketball season in approximately 165 H-E-B stores throughout Central and South Texas.

"There's no bigger Spurs fan in Texas than H-E-B and we are proud to call them our hometown team," says Winell Herron, group vice president of public affairs and diversity for the company.

"We wanted to do something special to mark their four NBA championships," Herron continues.

H-E-B introduced Creamy Creations in its stores in 1998. The ice cream, which company officials say is made specifically for Texans' particular tastes, is produced locally.

H-E-B produces 7 million half-gallons of ice cream annually.

This is just a guess, but I suspect I won't be able to find that here in Houston. :depressed

However, Creamy Creations are terrific. Better (and less expensive) than Blue Bell or any other brand. :D

stepmonkey
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
However, Creamy Creations are terrific. Better (and less expensive) than Blue Bell or any other brand. :D

Creamy Creations is the best store brand ice cream I've ever tasted. But better than Blue Bell?????? Heresy. I can no longer trust your judgment on any important matters. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

remingtonbo2001
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM

That's Blastphemey for an East Texan.

I think you've been spoiled by the best Ice Cream in the country.

easjer
11-14-2007, 08:05 PM
:lmao

Sorry -- better flavors and tastier ice cream. Perhaps it's just my black and silver blood bleeding through. Here in H-town, I cling to HEB as a vestige of home, and HEB store brand products (sniffle, Hill Country Fare) sustain me between visits. Maybe if I moved back home, Blue Bell would reign supreme, but as it is, hand me a half gallon of triple chocolate any day of the week over any BB flavor.

Avitus1
11-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Dammit! I live in Killeen and it's consider "Mavericks" territory for some reason... so I'll have to go to Austin and try to get some.

Admidave50
11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
that sounds pretty cool, have anyone tried it yet?

alamo50
11-15-2007, 06:07 AM
There´s one Spurs related thing not being able to survive the journey to my home......

:cry