PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do the Spurs have 3 gears on defense?

GoSpurs21
12-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Since no one is really discussing it I thought I would start a discussion. I mean I have watched all the games this year and it seems like the Spurs are able to play defense in 3 different gears. If we take tonights game as an example: the Spurs played in 1st gear in the first quarter allowing 29 pts (much like they played against Seattle), they then played in 2nd gear in the 2nd quarter agressively playing better, then in the 3rd quarter they switched and gave no open shots (3rd gear), the 4th quarter was also mostly in 3rd gear but with laspes in 2nd gear.

Is it me or does anyone else see this?
The defense in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty

SequSpur
12-23-2004, 10:56 PM
What gear did they use against Orlando?

The broken one?

GoSpurs21
12-23-2004, 10:58 PM

The broken one?mostly 2nd the switching wasnt the best but the offense is really why they lost that game. cant shoot in the 30s% and expect to win unless you hold the other team to 30s% also

2pac
12-23-2004, 10:59 PM

The broken one?

They forgot to press the clutch.

pjjrfan
12-24-2004, 01:00 AM
It seems that the last 4 games before Minny, they came out flat and even tonight they came out flat in the first half. Hopefully like the Toronto game it wakes up their competive fires and they can start a good winning streak where they will get closed to playing on all cylinders. At times it looked like the Spurs had 6 guys out there.