PDA

View Full Version : McGrady injured

baseline bum
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Left the Lakers/Rockets game and headed to the hospital with a strained elbow I believe. No link, as they just said it on the LA feed of the game (KCAL9).

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
And his usual 25 games of injuries begin.

Budkin
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Jesus... what is it with this guy that he just can't stay healthy?

Findog
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, at least it's not his back.

Jason_Terry
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Funny thing is, the Rockets are within 3 points in the third quarter without him.

sa_kid20
11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Man the Rockets are killing themselves with all the missed free-throws. Especially Yao

Cry Havoc
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM

He pushes himself too hard and thinks he's immortal. Manu pushes himself hard too, but realizes he has limits.

And yes, that's vastly oversimplifying things, but it's easy to see how McGrady tries to do too much.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Rafar Alston is garbage.

MrChug
11-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Man, that sucks. I don't think it will be that many games if even 2. I hope not. I hope we play the Rockets full strength.

DOMINATOR
11-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Rafar Alston is garbage.
why the hell wasn't luther head in the game setup to take that shot.

sa_kid20
11-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Man, that sucks. I don't think it will be that many games if even 2. I hope not. I hope we play the Rockets full strength.
I doubt it

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
why the hell wasn't luther head in the game setup to take that shot.
I know, take the guy out who missed 5 open 3's the whole game.

Even if Houston has a deep team clicking, I'm not sold on Adelman coaching at a championship level. His Kings choked. I wonder if he'll teach Houston how to choke with their offense as well. :lol

Anyway, I hope McGrady is in the next game.

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 12:05 AM
It is being speculated that all of the pain that he had is associated to the nerve running through the elbow being pinched...that can produce serious pain even for several days. The MRI that he is currently getting is to determine whether or not there was any tear in the ligament. If there is no tear, he shouldn't miss much time at all.

My guess is that it is somewhere middle of the road in terms of seriousness.

E20
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Kind of suprising, I thought Grant Hill would go down first.

ludda
11-15-2007, 12:13 AM
That sucks for Rox. I would have liked to see how far the team went with the two of them healthy. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
That sucks for Rox. I would have liked to see how far the team went with the two of them healthy. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

thanks.

We should see some S.Francis PT in the next few games(acc.to M.Bullard)......
------He rebounds really well
----- Gives the hard foul to the PG driving the lane & won't help him up
------Finishes at the rack with a surgeons precision
------Makes his FTs and can hit the 3
------Plays with a lot of heart

now, can he keep the dribbling and T/Os under control

leemajors
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM
i'm sure this is JVG's fault somehow.

Indazone
11-15-2007, 12:24 AM
We aren't gonna see Francis. Adleman played Luther Head, and Snyder ahead of him. Every freaking player except Francis saw playing time. At first I was willing to give Adleman the benefit of the doubt but now it is completely blatent and unfair. Adleman is really pissing off the entire Houston fanbase.

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 12:26 AM
*This just in, early indication is that this is: *

Not serious(no ligament tear), he shoud be out a week, maybe less according to Tmac repeating the doc's early MRI reading.

sa_kid20
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Very good news for Rocket Fans but he probably won't play friday which is a shame

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Very good news for Rocket Fans but he probably won't play friday which is a shame

Will NOT play against SA or Phoenix, so mark a probable 4 game slide.

I know last yr we beat SA w/out Yao once and without Tmac once, but don't feel good about this at all.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-15-2007, 12:33 AM
At least it's not too serious..too bad he won't likely play on Friday, but I'd rather him recover quickly anyway.

We aren't gonna see Francis. Adleman played Luther Head, and Snyder ahead of him. Every freaking player except Francis saw playing time. At first I was willing to give Adleman the benefit of the doubt but now it is completely blatent and unfair. Adleman is really pissing off the entire Houston fanbase.

I guess he's looking to get rid of him.
I wonder why Adelman didn't put Scola in as a post up option with Yao in the 4th quarter. He sucked a little in the first half, but he also made some hustle plays and half his shots...He should play him more since it's early in the season

He seems to be relegated to the role of inbounds passer so far. Adelman probably doesn't have much confidence in him yet.

The only thing I saw tonight with McGrady gone was Yao Ming in the post and Bonzi given a green light. And players taking bad shots. It became pretty predictable.

atxrocker
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
i love tmacs talent and skill, i hope he gets back on the court soon.

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
The good news for T-Mac -- it's only a strain.

Tracy McGrady sat in front of his locker, wearing gray slacks, an undershirt and had his right arm in a sling.

"It looks like my 2007-2008 season is over," he said to the throng of reporters.

After everyone gasped, he smiled.

"I'm just bull(bleeping) you," he said.

The preliminary results of the MRI performed at Memorial Hermann Hospital showed a strain. Dr. Tom Clanton called it a "day-to-day" injury. But McGrady said he was told that he could be out for a week.

"I've got a strained elbow and stretched nerve, whatever that means," McGrady said. "Some inflammation around the elbow. We'll see how I feel tomorrow and the next day.

"It's definitely good news because I actually thought it could be a lot worse than what it was and I could be out a lot longer. Considering that they say I could possibly miss a week or less than that, it's good information for me."

JamStone
11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
he's a pussy

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 01:19 AM
I have a pussy

fixed :smokin

baseline bum
11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
That's good. It sucks how much bad luck this guy has had the last few years.

Indazone
11-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Well, Spurs might actually win this one. No T-Mac

alamo50
11-15-2007, 05:53 AM
:lol

Well, Spurs might actually win this one. No T-Mac

robino2001
11-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I was looking forward to a healthy Rockets team friday... we'll just have to wait a little longer to see if we can see these two full teams go head to head.

Extra Stout
11-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I guess Francis must be the fourth-best point guard in practice.

What's with the love affair anyway? In his first run with Houston, he was a shotchucking knucklehead who could get away with it because of his athleticism. The athleticism, post-surgery, is gone, so all you're left with is a shotchucking knucklehead.

Reggie Miller
11-15-2007, 09:51 AM

I think the Rockets take it easy with him precisely becuase of his past injury problems. He doesn't play through minor injuries anymore. I'm not saying this is what happened this time, but in general.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Well, at least it's not his back.that's next month

Roxsfan
11-15-2007, 10:00 AM
that's next month

:stfu