PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Mavs - Nov. 15 Game Blog

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Viva Las Espuelas
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't care that it's early in the season, but this is a Spurs-Mavs game! Its equivalent to a Cowboy-Redskins game in my eyes. I'm going to be within earshot of Cuban's seat and I hope he hears me yell GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm wearing my Silver and Black, proudly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs 98
Mavs 81

Manu will have a phenomenal game. Josh "Hee-Haw" Howard or Devin Harris will get a tech.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Kind of early don't you think? at what time does the game start?

urunobili
11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
early enough for a Mavs Spurs game!
GO SPURS!!!! :danceclub

duncan228
11-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Game starts 8:00 EST on TNT.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-15-2007, 09:22 AM
early enough for a Mavs Spurs game!
GO SPURS!!!! :danceclubThank you, Spurs fan.

GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41times
11-15-2007, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=Viva Las Espuelas]I don't care that it's early in the season, but this is a Spurs-Mavs game! Its equivalent to a Cowboy-Redskins game in my eyes. I'm going to be within earshot of Cuban's seat and I hope he hears me yell GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

I agree with you about the analagy of a Cowboy vs. Redskin matchup. It does not matter if it is regular season or not. It's a BIG deal!

By the way the Mavs are favored by 2.

And i guess you are really going to stand out in your Silver and Black because the Team is giving away 20,000 green Mavs shirts to everone who enters. It is to support our Texas National Guard. It is "Green Out" night at the game.

See below...

Thursday, November 15, 2007, 7 PM at American Airlines Center!

Thursday will officially be Mavs and Texas National Guard “Green Out” night as the club takes on intrastate rival San Antonio.

Similar to last season’s Dirk for MVP campaign, the Mavs and Texas National Guard will distribute 20,000 green t-shirts to all of the fans as they enter American Airlines Center. Everyone in attendance is asked to put on the shirt as they enter the building to show support for our troops and the Mavs.

Prior to tipoff, the Texas National Guard will have a rock climbing wall out on the AT&T Plaza and will also provide the Color Guard during the National Anthem.

TampaDude
11-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't care that it's early in the season, but this is a Spurs-Mavs game! Its equivalent to a Cowboy-Redskins game in my eyes. I'm going to be within earshot of Cuban's seat and I hope he hears me yell GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you about the analagy of a Cowboy vs. Redskin matchup. It does not matter if it is regular season or not. It's a BIG deal!

Heh...and the Skins and Boys are playing this weekend, too...talk about irony... :lol

41times
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Heh...and the Skins and Boys are playing this weekend, too...talk about irony... :lol

I will be at that game as well this weekend! It's a great 4 days of sports in Dallas. It will be even greater when the Dallas team wins both games ;)

Viva Las Espuelas
11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Viva Las Espuelas]I don't care that it's early in the season, but this is a Spurs-Mavs game! Its equivalent to a Cowboy-Redskins game in my eyes. I'm going to be within earshot of Cuban's seat and I hope he hears me yell GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

By the way the Mavs are favored by 2.

And i guess you are really going to stand out in your Silver and Black because the Team is giving away 20,000 green Mavs shirts to everone who enters. It is to support our Texas National Guard. It is "Green Out" night at the game.

See below...

Thursday, November 15, 2007, 7 PM at American Airlines Center!

Thursday will officially be Mavs and Texas National Guard “Green Out” night as the club takes on intrastate rival San Antonio.

Similar to last season’s Dirk for MVP campaign, the Mavs and Texas National Guard will distribute 20,000 green t-shirts to all of the fans as they enter American Airlines Center. Everyone in attendance is asked to put on the shirt as they enter the building to show support for our troops and the Mavs.

Prior to tipoff, the Texas National Guard will have a rock climbing wall out on the AT&T Plaza and will also provide the Color Guard during the National Anthem.Yeah, I heard about that. I guess i'll be easy to spot with my Manu Jersey-Shirt on. I can already sense a confrontation happening.

41times
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I heard about that. I guess i'll be easy to spot with my Manu Jersey-Shirt on. I can already sense a confrontation happening.

Well good luck. I hope you don't get in any fights.

Hey if you are any where near section 113 tonight, look up to Row E and give me the thumbs up with your Manu jersey on. I of course will have the Mavs Green on!

stretch
11-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Mavs - 98

Spurs - 89

Mavs still match up just too well with the Spurs.

Dirk and Howard always give Ginobili, Bowen, and Duncan headaches.

Harris owns Parker.

No one can guard Terry either, because they have to match up on Dirk, Howard, and Harris, and Bass/Diop will straight up murder Oberto and Bonner's asses.

ducks
11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
not for the mavs spurs game

Lebowski Brickowski
11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I garauntee the Spurs want this one. I know I do. I know we were all reeeaaalllly happy the mavs were knocked out by GS in the playoffs. I sure as hell was. I REALLY want to see how we match-up.

Key things:
Can we win the boards?
--- this will be KEY against the mavs. If we come close to matching them on the boards, it is a good sign.

Can we keep them out of the lane?
--- Defensive priority numero UNO. If they get in the lane, will 'Obelson' get there on the rotations?

Can we play inside-out?
--- Yeah-- the Spurs are a great perimeter shooting team; but I think we need to work TD hard inside to open up the offense. This wont be like the lakers game.

Call out to anyone: What else should I be watching for?

MagnusKrauss
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Watch out for a Udoka sighting!!!!

will we see the lineup we all had in mind for the Mavs or will Pop hide them?

boutons_
11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
The Spurs are clicking and already playing extremely well for November.

I'm hoping it's partially because they've got Repeat pre-occupations.

Pop can't be unhappy with 7-1, but I'm sure thinks it's bad because it's been so easy. :lol He's probably thinking the Spurs should lose @Mavs as some kind of "test" or motivator. Will Pop coach to win?

Tim is due to bounce back from a horrible game.
Tony and Manu need to keep it up.

The teams are so close, homecourt could be the difference, or like that single play vs Mavs that cost the Spurs a chance to 3peat.

The Spurs winning @Mavs would affect both teams the way I want them to be affected. :)

oh yeah, fuck Cuban.

ponky
11-15-2007, 12:58 PM
i hope it's a good game for teams of both fans tonight...have fun tonight spurs fans...mavs win.........maybe lol

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Good to see the Ponk-ster back among us :toast

Gino20
11-15-2007, 01:30 PM
This will be a good game and likely come down to the wire. In the end, I like the Spurs to pull it out. They have been playing the best ball (maybe besides Boston) in the league. The Mavs are good, but have not looked to sharp in their games. They have struggled with some pretty bad teams before putting them away. For example, Philly. For the Mavs to win, I think Dirk has to have another huge game. Spurs 98, Mavs 93

11-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Spurs 98 :clap go spurs go :clap
Mavs 81

Manu will have a phenomenal game. Josh "Hee-Haw" Howard or Devin Harris will get a tech.

duncan228
11-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Will this be the first game this season where Kori has to turn off sigs because of all the traffic?

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Watch out for a Udoka sighting!!!!

will we see the lineup we all had in mind for the Mavs or will Pop hide them?

Last year it was Elson. Now it's Udoka. Who will be the supposed "secret anti-Maverick weapon" next season? Maybe you guys should sign Bob Sura.

41times
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
In the mean time the Spurs better watch out for our secret weapons: The Killer B's: Bass and Barrea! ;)

Jimcs50
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Spurs will win...bet the farm on it.

leemajors
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Last year it was Elson. Now it's Udoka. Who will be the supposed "secret anti-Maverick weapon" next season? Maybe you guys should sign Bob Sura.
sounds like the revolving door of "stoppers" the mavs bring in yearly. griffin, buckner, jones/hassell. it's all just fan bs.

J.T.
11-15-2007, 03:06 PM

I actually think the Mavs win this one.

smrattler
11-15-2007, 03:08 PM
When Bass gets in the game, TD needs to shake it up and get him in foul trouble and out of there. We don't need a big boy like that in the game. :)

I'm interested in seeing the TP - Harris matchup. TP got fired up for that CP matchup, and we saw how that went. Hopefully he's been hearing this Harris-TP comparison talk long enough.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm interested in seeing the TP - Harris matchup. TP got fired up for that CP matchup, and we saw how that went. Hopefully he's been hearing this Harris-TP comparison talk long enough.Flops will be a'plenty.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Oh dear god.......
.....I thought that you gave up the prediction business!?!?!?!?
:wtf

FromWayDowntown
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Harris owns Parker.

I can appreciate optimism, but this statement has never made any sense to me.

jman3000
11-15-2007, 03:22 PM
of everyone on the mavs stackhouse scares me the most... everytime we face them he seems to not miss. dirk has not been playing the out of this world basketball this season as he was last, so i actually think we could win this one handily.

with that being said... it's early in the season and the spurs have a good record... i smell a slump coming. this one goes to overtime and the spurs lose.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM

Me neither. I can't think of ANYBODY who would rather have harris than TP. Harris is pretty good -- just not as good. Parker is head and shoulders better. Simple as that.

41times
11-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Well it all stems back to a regular season game a couple of years ago when Harris scored 20 points in the 4th quarter of a tight game to blow it open for the Mavs.

In Parker's defense only about 14 of those points came against him. The rest were against a sub.

But Harris is a bit faster than Parker and he does cause problems for Parker with his speed and quickness. But Harris still has a little bit to learn about being a top notch point guard.

It should be a battle within the War and fun to watch those 2 go at it tonight.

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Harris owns Parker when one snorts coke off his boyfriend's ass in their Deep Ellum pad.

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Remember when Mav fans used to troll in here? I guess it took the light shining off LO'B #4 to run those cockroaches off.

Karma is so enjoyable sometimes.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Well it all stems back to a regular season game a couple of years ago when Harris scored 20 points in the 4th quarter of a tight game to blow it open for the Mavs.

In Parker's defense only about 14 of those points came against him. The rest were against a sub.

But Harris is a bit faster than Parker [no -really, please stop] and he does cause problems for Parker with his speed and quickness.
But Harris still has a little bit to learn :lol about being a top notch point guard. -- ask Avery about that.... Who considers Harris in the top tier of PGs in the league??? How long has he been a starter, again?

It should be a battle within the War and fun to watch those 2 go at it tonight. --- agreed!

FromWayDowntown
11-15-2007, 03:37 PM

But Harris is a bit faster than Parker and he does cause problems for Parker with his speed and quickness. But Harris still has a little bit to learn about being a top notch point guard.

It should be a battle within the War and fun to watch those 2 go at it tonight.

I don't think one regular season game 3 or 4 years ago is all that telling. Last year, Parker went for 18.3 ppg against Dallas and shot 47% from the floor; Harris averaged 9.5 ppg (with 21 of his 38 points against the Spurs coming in one game -- a game in which Parker outscored Harris) and shot 39% from the floor.

I'm not even sure that's particularly close.

Findog
11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I actually think the Mavs win this one.

Really? Spurs are sharper and playing better right now. I wish we had more time to get in sync before a divisional game.

Why do they schedule these rivalry games so early? We shouldn't meet until around the All-Star Break.

Findog
11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Flops will be a'plenty.

As is the case when Devin and Manu are both on the floor at the same time. It's like they both have an inner ear condition.

41times
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't think one regular season game 3 or 4 years ago is all that telling. Last year, Parker went for 18.3 ppg against Dallas and shot 47% from the floor; Harris averaged 9.5 ppg (with 21 of his 38 points against the Spurs coming in one game -- a game in which Parker outscored Harris) and shot 39% from the floor.

I'm not even sure that's particularly close.

I don't really disagree with you. Harris had 1 or 2 good games and the rest of the time Parker has been better. We are all hoping here in Dallas that Harris develops this year like Parker did when Pop finally turned over the reigns to him.

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
We are all hoping here in Dallas that Harris develops this year like Parker did when Pop finally turned over the reigns to him.

That would have been Game 2 (iirc) of his NBA career. When Parker was 19 years old.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Memo to Spurs fan: go to a movie tonight. Go watch Grey's Anatomy. Do something fun. You already lost this game. The Mavs have won. We have to wait 6 1/2 hours before it is confirmed. Accept the fact that we are still a matchup nightmare for you guys. It will be easier to get through your night better. Dont piss this evening away getting deja vu on a team who is the Spurs cryptonite! :clap :clap :clap

FromWayDowntown
11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
That would have been Game 2 (iirc) of his NBA career. When Parker was 19 years old.

Game 5.

mavsluva
11-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Memo to Spurs fan: go to a movie tonight. Go watch Grey's Anatomy. Do something fun. You already lost this game. The Mavs have won. We have to wait 6 1/2 hours before it is confirmed. Accept the fact that we are still a matchup nightmare for you guys. It will be easier to get through your night better. Dont piss this evening away getting deja vu on a team who is the Spurs cryptonite! :clap :clap :clap

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, my friend.

meta2007
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
This is the game that I wait for a while!

Spurs 103: 102 Mavs

101A
11-15-2007, 04:25 PM
It's November and it's the Spurs; there should be no question - THIS is a loss. However, this November the Spurs have looked different; gelling and determined. If this team reverts to form (which I keep expecting), Spurs lose. If they play like they have been? Businesslike win.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Memo to Spurs fan: go to a movie tonight. Go watch Grey's Anatomy. Do something fun. You already lost this game. The Mavs have won. We have to wait 6 1/2 hours before it is confirmed. Accept the fact that we are still a matchup nightmare for you guys. It will be easier to get through your night better. Dont piss this evening away getting deja vu on a team who is the Spurs cryptonite! :clap :clap :claptake two of these and call me in the morning
http://www.opt.pacificu.edu/ce/catalog/11466-PH/prozac.jpg

1-800-328-7448

Sweetey
11-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, my friend.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jlo49/Cuban-2.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jlo49/yahoo.gif

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 05:26 PM

I'll probably watch The Office and then switch over after that. It is November, after all.

thispego
11-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Mavs - 98

Spurs - 89

Mavs still match up just too well with the Spurs.

Dirk and Howard always give Ginobili, Bowen, and Duncan headaches.

Harris owns Parker.

No one can guard Terry either, because they have to match up on Dirk, Howard, and Harris, and Bass/Diop will straight up murder Oberto and Bonner's asses.
monosylab you are a funny mavs poster :tu

spursfan09
11-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I hope the Spurs take it tonight. They can show the Mavs that yea they got us one year, but we are the champs that they never could be. It should also play with thier minds especially have choking that in the finals and last year.

monosylab1k
11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
monosylab you are a funny mavs poster :tu
haha stretch and monosylab1k are not the same person.

stretch is a confirmed Tony Parker hater. I, on the other hand, respect his contributions to the hated Spurs.

J.T.
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I think the Mavs take this game. They are at home and that is a bit of an advantage for them, although I think Spurs vs Mavs is probably the best example of HCA meaning absolutely nothing. But a lot of people are doubting the Mavs right now and I think that gives them that extra push to win this game. If the Spurs lose, they're still considered title contenders. If the Mavs lose they're going to say Dallas' road back to the Finals runs through and ends in San Antonio. Pencil this in as one of those early season losses where we get outrebounded or miss a bunch of threes and lose the game.

pawe
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Im not so thrilled between the Spurs and Mavs game anymore after the Suns-Spurs playoff match last year. Well, that's me anyways. Bring on the Suns dammit!

Jason_Terry
11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Mavs are gonna bring it tonight!!!

ShoogarBear
11-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Last year it was Elson. Now it's Udoka. Who will be the supposed "secret anti-Maverick weapon" next season? Maybe you guys should sign Bob Sura.You never got a taste of the real Dirk-Stopper.

http://z.about.com/d/sanantonio/1/0/l/A/-/-/spurs07bonner.jpg

Hemotivo
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
:lol

barbacoataco
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
This game will be fun to watch, but fans of both teams should remember that this is November. Neither team will want to show their hand. Even if the Spurs had some new, clever way to match up against the Mavs, they wouldn't show it to the Mavs tonight and give them a whole season to figure it out. Likewise, the Mavs' slow start might be because they want to pace themselves and not repeat last year's mistake of peaking too soon in the season. So, whoever wins, it doesn't mean much come playoff time.

timvp
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I can't wait for this game to start. Time to see how good this Spurs team is in the middle of November.

Will the Mavs win yet another regular season championship or can the Spurs steal their crown?

:hungry:

BUMP
11-15-2007, 07:07 PM
^^^what a pussy way to look at it. (barbacoataco)

these are about the ONLY games these two teams care about. sure, its not the playoffs, but neither team is going to let up or "hold something back" as you're saying. Mavs and Spurs arent officially in the playoffs yet. this game means a lot

timvp
11-15-2007, 07:08 PM
this game means a lot:lmao

The Mavs can win by 100 points and the Spurs' odds of winning the championship won't change. If anything, they'd increase.

Although, I do realize this game does mean a good amount to the Mavs.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 07:16 PM
^^^what a pussy way to look at it. (barbacoataco)

these are about the ONLY games these two teams care about. sure, its not the playoffs, but neither team is going to let up or "hold something back" as you're saying. Mavs and Spurs arent officially in the playoffs yet. this game means a lot

:lmao at the mavs fan trying to pimp this game knowing they don't stant a chance of winning anything else

SAtown
11-15-2007, 07:21 PM
:flag: :makemyday

Walter Craparita
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
You never got a taste of the real Dirk-Stopper.

http://z.about.com/d/sanantonio/1/0/l/A/-/-/spurs07bonner.jpg

QFT

Get your popcorn ready.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
FUCK!! first time we get to pummel the Mavs this season and I can't watch the game!

Jason_Terry
11-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, this game means a lot to Dallas. Just look at how bad the Spurs beat us in the playoffs the last time both teams played each other.....oh wait, they didn't :elephant

I'm sure if by some miracle San Antonio wins tonight, you Spur fans won't act like it's a big deal :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, this game means a lot to Dallas. Just look at how bad the Spurs beat us in the playoffs the last time both teams played each other.....oh wait, they didn't :elephant

I'm sure if by some miracle San Antonio wins tonight, you Spur fans won't act like it's a big deal :rolleyes
we won't but all the dumbass Mav fans that are pimping this game will sure eat their crow. THAT we WILL make sure of!

Extra Stout
11-15-2007, 07:43 PM

After one's favorite team wins its third or fourth championship, one comes to understand that pretty much nothing in the NBA is a big deal in November.

angel_luv
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Go Spurs Go!

:cheer :D :cheer

Hi all!

timvp
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
After one's favorite team wins its third or fourth championship, one comes to understand that pretty much nothing in the NBA is a big deal in November.True.

However, I can't blame Mav Fan really. I remember how the Spurs' whole season used to revolve around those Lakers games back even after the Spurs' first championship.

leemajors
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
True.

However, I can't blame Mav Fan really. I remember how the Spurs' whole season used to revolve around those Lakers games back even after the Spurs' first championship.
T.R.O.Y.

RonMexico
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
This game will probably suck.

Jason_Terry
11-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Is this an NBA preshow or Baseball on TNT?

Spurs Brazil
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Sopcast link?

duncan228
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
"Best sixth man in the NBA."

angel_luv
11-15-2007, 08:10 PM
First of all, Barkley, this is a basketball program. Leave Barry and his bad self out of the discussion.

I didn't know Starbury got benched but am not surprised to hear about all the drama that followed.
That guy is bad for team chemistry which is a shame given his skill level.

Boo- Reggie Miller and David Aldridge are covering our game.

But hooray for Ginoooooooooooobili! :)

angel_luv
11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
People picked us fifth to win our division. Who voted?????

angel_luv
Dirk needs a haircut. Badly!

~Sweetmelody~
"Best sixth man in the NBA."

but even Charles knows he won't get it.

GO SPURS GO!!!

duncan228
11-15-2007, 08:12 PM
People picked us fifth to win our division. Who voted?????

No one yet. It's the question of the night.
Vote now on NBA.com.

timvp
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
The Spurs need to survive the early run. I expect the Mavs to get up 8-10 points sometime in the first quarter.

Darkwaters
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
After one's favorite team wins its third or fourth championship, one comes to understand that pretty much nothing in the NBA is a big deal in November.

Short of a season-ending injury to any of the Big 4, pretty much.

Darkwaters
11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Maurice Ager is starting?

carina_gino20
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
do they always start regular season home games like this?

timvp
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Duncan on Dirk?

Spurologist
11-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Constantly expecting astute thoughts from Reggie Miller :rolleyes

angel_luv
It pains me to see my man Ellie on the mav bench!

timvp
Maurice Ager is starting?Eddie Jones had been starting but he's out with an ankle injury.

Spurologist
Booooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn 33333333333333333333

angel_luv
Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!

carina_gino20
timmy early on. :spin

Spurs Brazil
11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce 3333333333333333

timvp
An away from the ball flop on a rebound is called a foul?

Russ
Why is the arena almost empty?

Leetonidas
Yeah the arena looks sold out. :rolleyes

angel_luv
I want to buy Fabri and actual headband for Christmas. :lol

angel_luv
11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah the arena looks sold out. :rolleyes

That is what I was thinking when the game started.

Spurs Brazil
11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
TD bank!

mystargtr34
11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Atta boy Timmy... bank opens early on Thursdays in Dallas

timvp
Oberto is awake this game.

mystargtr34
Fab another Offensive board...

Jason_Terry
11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Nice shot, Dirk!

angel_luv
11-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Walk it off pls Timmy, be okay!

mystargtr34
Damn 8-0 run Dallas

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Marv Albert scared the shit out of me.

Russ
Marv doesn't know an ankle from a thigh.

monosylab1k
Eddie Jones had been starting but he's out with an ankle injury.
Avery said he was going to experiment with starting Ager for a while to keep Jones "fresh".

Spurologist
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Damn

Howard just kicked TD at a very sensitive area while converting a layup

TO Spurs

sprrs
Fabri played great defense on Dirk that last shot, nothing else he could have done, was just a hell of a shot.

angel_luv
Did Timmy land funny or get kicked?

Manu20
Damn the announcer is trying to kill me!!

td4mvp21
OMFG HOWARD IS SO DIRTY!!!!!! /sunsfan

timvp
Dirk can't figure out why Duncan is in pain.

monosylab1k
could that crowd be any more pathetic looking? there's more fuckin empty seats than full ones.

The Green-Out is a MASSIVE FAILURE as well.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Dallas/Dirk has started out on fire.

Dirk seems to be in form. It's like we picked up right where we left off, except Oberto is bringing his game on the rebounding end.

mystargtr34
11-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice shot, Dirk!

Very nice shot... Bruce Bowen aint no Matt Barnes or Stephen Jackson on defense so we gotta give him that

angel_luv
Damn the announcer is trying to kill me!!

When Reggie speaks all I hear is blah, blah, blah.

I was hoping we'd at least get Marv Albert to offset him.

duncan228
Marv Albert scared the shit out of me.

It's Kevin Harlen.

timvp
11-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Very nice shot... Bruce Bowen aint no Matt Barnes or Stephen Jackson on defense so we gotta give him that:huh

Bowen is on Howard.

CarefreeAZ
Have Parker keep driving it to the basket only to have it stuffed right back at him - beautiful.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
It's Kevin Harlen.
Oh my bad.

Russ
Joe Ely on TNT singing "Dallas" -- very nice.

timvp
11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Was that a Warriors fan in the middle of those green shirts?

Spurs Brazil
JV active, Ian out

Spurologist
Oberto is clearly the player of the game so far

Russ
It's Kevin Harlen.
He must be a Marv impersonator.

monosylab1k
11-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Was that a Warriors fan in the middle of those green shirts?
there's alot of those in Dallas this year. They put their Wade jerseys away and bought a Baron Davis one.

p.s. what green shirts?

timvp
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Parker sucking . . .

SuperManu!!!
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Is anyone broadcasting the game through sopcast?

Russ
11-15-2007, 08:30 PM
This is looking like a poor effort

ChumpDumper
11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
We're going to lose this game.

Leetonidas
Justice is served. :lol

td4mvp21
Bullshit call.

Jason_Terry
Make your damn free throws, guys :madrun

milkyway21
11-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Parker 0-4 :cry

go, go TP :flag:

FromWayDowntown
That has to be about the worst clear-path foul in NBA history.

Leetonidas
These turnovers are ridiculous.

angel_luv
Killing me Holmes!

Russ
Great D by Dallas

dirk4mvp
Make your damn free throws, guys :madrun

Not to worry he drilled a 3 right after.

Jason_Terry
11-15-2007, 08:33 PM
16 - 1 run :elephant

Nice dunk by Ager.

timvp
The Spurs need to survive the early run. I expect the Mavs to get up 8-10 points sometime in the first quarter.:pctoss

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Damn, Dallas is a lot more pumped against us, they need to collect themselves.

sprrs
It's embarrassing how careless they're getting with the ball.

Spurs Brazil
WTF with all those TOs

ChumpDumper
Dallas is playing great, Spurs suck.

mystargtr34
Wheres Ducks :D

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Tony Manu Tim turn over trio

Udrihlooms
11-15-2007, 08:34 PM
It's still early. No need (yet) to trade Tony, Tim and Pop for Kobe. :D

Tippecanoe
Turnovers
San Antonio - 5
Dallas - 0

easjer
This is no fun. This is suck ass. I hope they pull their heads out and stop this nonsense because this is not fun to watch. It only makes me angry, and I didn't even care about this game yesterday.

angel_luv
The Mask is in!

midgetonadonkey
This season is over.

Spurologist
11-15-2007, 08:35 PM
This is fucking pathetic. No offensive flow what so ever. Escort service defense

mavsfan1000
Mavs look ready tonight. :D

SpursFanFirst
stop the bleeding!!! This is bad!

angel_luv
I am supposed to be relaxing. Spurs are not helping!

easjer
11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Turnovers
San Antonio - 5
Dallas - 0

Only 5? Feels like 18. They are playing like shit.

What is it about playing a hyped up decent team that makes them curl into the fetal position and forget to play ball?

RonMexico
Diop is racking up good steals for my fantasy team.

SuperManu!!!
Is anyone broadcasting the game through sopcast?
ANYONE>?>>>?

~Sweetmelody~
*SIGH*

It's going to be a long night

Spurologist
Supermanu check your PM

RonMexico
Parker is racking up terrible numbers for my other team.

td4mvp21
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Mavs look ready tonight. :D

That's because it's November.

abelle23
hey guys im stuck at the office... :depressed

any suggestions where i can listen/watch online?

THANKS

Spurs Brazil
JV in

RonMexico
Oh... just as Mav Fans predicted... they own the Spurs...

MI21
:lol @ Spurs.

I log on to see if the game is started and they are down 12 within a few minutes..

Spurs Brazil
hey guys im stuck at the office... :depressed

any suggestions where i can listen/watch online?

THANKS

You can listen the game on NBA.com

Tippecanoe
11-15-2007, 08:38 PM
great game :lmao

Russ
Manu is throwing it to the other team

milkyway21
it looks like AJ spend 75% of his time studying how to beat the Spurs than beating other teams like Golden State:D. Dallas always make an impressive play against the Spurs, win or loss.

easjer
God, Reggie Miller is a fucking idiot.

timvp
Manu has joined Parker in suckdom.

Udrihlooms
Ok, maybe we should officially start the annual "Fire Pop!" now! :D

FromWayDowntown
What statement is that, Reg? Something like, I like giving up free points!!

dirk4mvp
11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
God, Reggie Miller is a fucking idiot.

I think Bill Walton should announce every NBA game by himself.

sprrs
STUPID block by Ager...there was no way that shot was going in..."making a statement" or not.

ChumpDumper
Ok, maybe we should officially start the annual "Fire Pop!" now! :DWhy? Is he passing the ball to the other team?

Spurs Brazil
Manu and one!

MaNuMaNiAc
Absolutely completely absent defense! WHAT THE FUCK IS UP!??

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Vaughn is in... hmmm will we see DWash at all tonight?

mavsfan1000
That's because it's November.
No it's because they are playing the spurs.

Darkwaters
11-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Why do we look like the Lakers tonight?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I haven't see any Pop exploitive match ups....so if this just a trial one, I can see Dallas keeping us on our heels.

Spurologist
:lmao

Reggie: "That's a statement block"

Mavs on a roll and Ager stops momentum with a goaltend on a manu shot that never had a chance of going in.

timvp
Is it me or has Frank TV jumped the shark already? That's saying something seeing as how the show hasn't even started yet.

boutons_
Reggie fucking sucks

Udrihlooms
great game :lmao

shut up! there are only two teams in a game, and Boston isn't one of them. I can't wait for the Spurs to meet your Boston. It's going to be a pretty, ugly game for you! :spin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
What statement is that, Reg? Something like, I like giving up free points!!
:lol

yeah that was pretty retarded commentary.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Man that SACU commercial is one of the worst commercials ever

easjer
Well, if they can't get it together, I won't watch. It's been a stressful enough day (important job interview this morning, and another tomorrow). I don't need to get all angry about a worthless game in November. Frankly, if they are going to suck, I'd rather Pop put out the most bizarre combinations just to see what the hell happens.

boutons_
Spurs didn't come ready to play, getting their butts badly out-hustled.

Dallas will cool off, Spurs will heat up, but it could be a huge hole to climb out of.

td4mvp21
No it's because they are playing the spurs.
...no, I'm pretty sure it's because the game has no importance whatsoever. They always seem to play best in those games.

Amarelooms
Ummm no doubt about it the Spurs want no part of the Mavs come playoff time. Just hope the Mavs lose cause only shot for the Spurs to win back to back

Shaolin-Style
11-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Howard knows whats up

da_suns_fan__
Diop really bothers Duncan.....Timmmy doesnt play so well against people his own size!

Jason_Terry
Terry for 3!!!!!

Russ
Why do we look like the Lakers tonight?
The Spurs just need to penetrate and kick out

Spurologist
Double team Erica Dampier inside to leave Dirkie for an open 3. WTF

SpursFanFirst
11-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, if they can't get it together, I won't watch. It's been a stressful enough day (important job interview this morning, and another tomorrow). I don't need to get all angry about a worthless game in November. Frankly, if they are going to suck, I'd rather Pop put out the most bizarre combinations just to see what the hell happens.

I'm with you...if it's going to be this bad with the starters, throw in the bench and see what happens...it can't be much worse. :depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
We're still in the first quarter?

Soul_Patch
Dallas has to be shooting about 85%, i doubt they can keep it up...regardless we look like garbage.

easjer
Sorry if it's been asked - Manu wearing a compression thing on his leg? Have I just missed this previously or is there a story?

RonMexico
Is it me or has Frank TV jumped the shark already? That's saying something seeing as how the show hasn't even started yet.

Yes, it joins "The Closer," "Saved," and "House of Payne" for shows that out-lived their welcomes before the premiere episode.

ChumpDumper
Bonner is here to save us.

mavsfan1000
...no, I'm pretty sure it's because the game has no importance whatsoever. They always seem to play best in those games.
See game 7 on the road against the spurs.

Spurs Brazil
Mavs FG-10-15

Udrihlooms
11-15-2007, 08:44 PM
FIRE POP now! Trade Tim for Kobe, TP for Marbury, and Manu for Marion!

easjer
The Spurs just need to penetrate and kick out

They were getting killed on penetration earlier - blocked left and right.

RonMexico
This is what we call a "Brokeback Game" - i.e. the game where the homos (Dirk, Terry, Howard) win.

peskypesky

i totally agree.

try out some weird-ass combos. couldn't be any worse.

timvp
Nice shot Elson.

boutons_
Spurs FG 33% vs 65%

Spurs Brazil
Cisco J

peskypesky
11-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Dallas can't miss.

Leetonidas
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
That was one of the worst quarters I've ever seen the Spurs play.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
65 percent??? they should come back down

RonMexico
Dirk has 0 fouls... not surprised.

Darkwaters
Dallas can't miss.

They'll cool down sooner or later. But damn...

Soul_Patch
Dallas is gonna break 100pts by halftime unless we wake the fuck up.

sprrs
33 first quarter points....Defense needs to step up

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I want the San Antonio bench to rally against Dallas.

Jason_Terry
Fucking half the Dallas crowd missed seeing the entire first quarter. Pathetic! I wish I still lived in the area.

Tippecanoe
33-18 after one

dirk4mvp
Dirk has 0 fouls... not surprised.

Got anything else to bitch about, you fucking homo?

peskypesky
Is it just me or is Bruce looking a little out of it tonight?

midgetonadonkey
11-15-2007, 08:47 PM
They should just start tanking the season for top pick in the draft. Start rebuilding now.

timvp
The energy is there for the Spurs. The Mavs are just playing really well.

td4mvp21
See game 7 on the road against the spurs.

Oh, but we're not supposed to talk about the past! Remember?!?

boutons_
Will the Spurs keep playing, or will they give up with "it's november, WGAF?"

easjer
33 first quarter points....Defense needs to step up

Wouldn't suck for the offense to stop turning it over. Oh, and making some shots wouldn't suck either.

Russ
Dallas is playing hard on defense. Can they keep it up for 4 quarters or will the Spurs make a run late?

FromWayDowntown
11-15-2007, 08:48 PM
The shooting percentages should even out as this game progresses -- they almost always do -- but the Spurs can't give the Mavs extra possessions and extra shots with silly turnovers. The turnovers are the real killer right now.

RonMexico
Got anything else to bitch about, you fucking homo?

Yeah, probably the fact that all your friends said the Mavs had better fans than the Suns... I'm sure that's the case when 45% of them aren't even there for tip-off.

Dirk 0 fouls...

timvp
That was one of the worst quarters I've ever seen the Spurs play.Reminded me of Game 7 ................................

peskypesky
I missed most of the first quarter, but it sure doesn't look like the Spurs are running the offense through Duncan. Is that right?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-15-2007, 08:49 PM
The energy is there for the Spurs. The Mavs are just playing really well.
I think the Mavs elevated their game against us, just like Houston did..

Because when I watched their previous game, they were no where near this sharp. They're treating it like a playoff game.

easjer
I'll give it a little more time, then I'm headed upstairs. I don't care if we lose, I figured they would, but I don't want to get angry about things.

RonMexico
Jason Terry 6th man

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I missed most of the first quarter, but it sure doesn't look like the Spurs are running the offense through Duncan. Is that right?
They were earlier..

but they kept being careless with the ball on liike six possessions

thewatcher
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Diop really bothers Duncan.....Timmmy doesnt play so well against people his own size!

old news!
also, the guy hardly can score 2 feet away from the basket!

go mavs go!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
wow that was a classi c chaotic Manu Lay up

Spurologist
Bonnerrrrrrrrrrr with a nice drive for the deuce

Soul_Patch
11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
watch the fuck out for matt boner!

timvp
Did I just see Bonner finish at the rim?

FromWayDowntown
Not enough length right now.

spursrule32
been busy, so pardon me for not knowing Darius' status - is he active for tonight? If so, why is Pop going with Vaughan instead?

Spurs Brazil
Bonner!

RonMexico
Honestly, I appreciate your passion as fans, but I read how upset you get in the first quarter and I have to think that seeing 4 championship banners would ease some of the pressure.

Then again, it is the Mavs and watching a game in AAC can make the most sane person angry.

I guess it's time for Lakeshow1 to come in and proclaim "Scoreboard!"

Spurologist
Excellent D for the last few possessions.

Bonnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 33333333333333333333333333