Tasers related deaths in Canada
http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/map-tasers-canada/

lefty
11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Wow....nobody cares...

boutons_
11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
I care, but what can you do?

Wanting to be a policeman is admirable, but staying a "good" policeman is awfully hard. A lot of them are dickless, sadistic twerps, who will do anything, knowing their chance of being prosecuted, convicted, or even caught, are practically nil.

lefty
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree with you

The "funniest" part (there is nothing funny, but you get my point) was this comment of an RCMP representative : "this video is not the whole story"; pretty lame excuse; I so wanted to beat him when he said that (but I guess he would have thrown 1 000 000 Volts at me, just for thinking about it)

thispego
11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
first of all, your signature quote is stupid.

secondly, i hate cops as much as the next guy and think the majority of them relish the power a little too much, but this guy was obviously causing his own problems.

lefty
11-15-2007, 04:34 PM
first of all, your signature quote is stupid.

secondly, i hate cops as much as the next guy and think the majority of them relish the power a little too much, but this guy was obviously causing his own problems.

First of all, I don't care what you think about my signature quote.

Secondly, I don't think you're aware of the whole story; and even if you are, we are talking about 4 cops versus 1 man who wasn't really dangerous; they just could have grabbed him and try to calm him down, instead of using 50 000 (yes 50 000) volts.

11-15-2007, 04:37 PM
All cops are facist, jackbooted, sadistic, power mad bastards.

Until you need one.

thispego
11-15-2007, 04:40 PM
First of all, I don't care what you think about my signature quote.

Secondly, I don't think you're aware of the whole story; and even if you are, we are talking about 4 cops versus 1 man who wasn't really dangerous; they just could have grabbed him and try to calm him down, instead of using 50 000 (yes 50 000) volts.
How could you be any more aware of the story than me? i read the article, watched the video, and know what a taser and a volt is... what am i missing?
why was the guy throwing computers and desks and putting chairs in the doorway?
No he didnt need to be accosted by 4 cops and ruthlessly tased, but he brought the attention to himself, and with every fucking cop packing taser-heat nowadays thinking they have free reign to shoot first and ask questions later with their 'non-lethal' weapons. this shit is happening everywhere. i feel worse for people who get tased for actually doing nothing wrong.

peewee's lovechild
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I just hate the cops who have arrested me in the past.

All others are okay.

exstatic
11-15-2007, 07:55 PM
I think it's officially time that we stop referring to TASERs and rubber bullets as "non-lethal" force. Maybe "minimally lethal" or "reduced lethality" would do.

peewee's lovechild
11-15-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll take rubber bullets over real bullets any day.

Real bullets have the tendency of killing you.

exstatic
11-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll take rubber bullets over real bullets any day.

Real bullets have the tendency of killing you.
I won't argue with your choice, but you missed my point. Both TASERs and rubber bullets can kill, so it's stupid to call them non-lethal. They most certainly can be.

peewee's lovechild
11-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I won't argue with your choice, but you missed my point. Both TASERs and rubber bullets can kill, so it's stupid to call them non-lethal. They most certainly can be.

A baseball bat can kill.

A bowling ball can kill.

A leather belt, if used appropriately, can kill.

And so on, and so on . . .

ShoogarBear
11-15-2007, 11:20 PM
A baseball bat can kill.

A bowling ball can kill.

A leather belt, if used appropriately, can kill.

And so on, and so on . . .You miss the point again.

Rubber bullets and tasers can kill EVEN IF USED IN THEIR INTENDED PURPOSE.