PDA

View Full Version : I Am Ashamed Of Being A Spurs Fan Right Now

TradeManu4Kobe
11-15-2007, 10:51 PM
fuckin pathetic.

early congrats to the mavs on winning your first championship this year.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 10:52 PM
What a coincidence! I'm ashamed you're a Spurs fan too! What are the odds?

Otaku
11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Ban this guy...

dirk4mvp
the meltdown threads begin....

AFBlue
Bandwagon Fan Forum

E20
WTF? Someone delete this thread.

Manu20
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.airgorilla.com/images/1107.jpg

Relax

Leetonidas
Then you're an idiot.

What a fucking douche. It's one game at the beginning of the season and Parker played like shit. Get the fuck over it.

WalterBenitez
You know .. june is still far away, anyhow Dallas f...d us

jaffies
11-15-2007, 10:55 PM
IBL

monosylab1k
11-15-2007, 10:55 PM
stupid thread.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh, shut the fuck up.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Man you come across like a true moron - they played like garbage but it took dallas 63% FG to beat and 4 starters to play a pretty bad game - that's it - tomorrow it will be something else, they will rebound. Let dallas talk, that's all they have.

Jason_Terry
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Mavs couldn't miss tonight. Ain't nobody beating them when they shoot like that.

The Red Hood
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
:lol

Udrihlooms
11-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Troll bait thread...

some_user86
:lmao

lefty
http://www.airgorilla.com/images/1107.jpg

Relax

I agree
:toast

TampaDude
Didn't the Mavs have a 17-game winning streak and the best record in the NBA last season? Shit lot of good it did them in the playoffs. :lol

Pay this game no mind...it's a LONG season...the Spurs WILL repeat...BOOK IT!!! :toast

Holt's Cat
Spoken like a true Kobe fan.

caŽlo
11-15-2007, 10:59 PM
not a surprise given your forum handle.

feel free to jump off the ship.

lefty
11-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Didn't the Mavs have a 17-game winning streak and the best record in the NBA last season? Shit lot of good it did them in the playoffs. :lol

Pay this game no mind...it's a LONG season...the Spurs WILL repeat...BOOK IT!!! :toast

Yes yes yes

tlongII
11-15-2007, 11:00 PM
fuckin pathetic.

T Park?

TradeManu4Kobe
11-15-2007, 11:01 PM
you guys don't think we were horrible? how are we supposed to win a championship against this dallas team or the celtics?

bdictjames
11-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh gosh Kori ban this fucking piece of shit right now.

some_user86
you guys don't think we were horrible? how are we supposed to win a championship against this dallas team or the celtics?

NOVEMBER.

samikeyp
feel free to jump off the ship.

and drown.

TampaDude

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2373976/2/istockphoto_2373976_calendar_november_2007.jpg

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:05 PM
fuckin pathetic.

Damn it, you are right. The Mavs won the November 15th NBA Championship.

Is there a banner and parade for that? Or just a trophy? :blah

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
fuckin pathetic.

hey! fuck you!

TradeManu4Kobe
11-15-2007, 11:08 PM
all this talk about its early its early...doesn't that mean they are just going to get better too? only we are going to get better come june and not them? i'm definitely worried, all spurs fans should be too, its not looking good.

Walter Craparita
11-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Manu Is The Only Player With Heart On The Spurs.

Never Rely On A Frenchman When It Counts.

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
all this talk about its early its early...doesn't that mean they are just going to get better too? only we are going to get better come june and not them? i'm definitely worried, all spurs fans should be too, its not looking good.

If they continue to win 7 out of every 9 games, that will look pretty good.

mavs>spurs2
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Guys go easy on him..he's just telling it like it is

THIS IS OUR YEAR BITCHES!!! :spin :elephant :smokin

jaffies
11-15-2007, 11:10 PM
fuckin pathetic.

I'm guessing the trophy looks something like a golden dildo, only it's not for the Mavs, it's for fake-ass bitch fans like you. Enjoy your trophy, shithole!

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Guys go easy on him..he's just telling it like it is

THIS IS OUR YEAR BITCHES!!! :spin :elephant :smokin

I thought that was last season, or the one before...

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Judging by the empty seats it looks like Mav fans are discounting those chances heavily.

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:12 PM
THIS IS OUR YEAR BITCHES!!!

I thought last year was "your" year. ;)

Its just as pathetic to claim a title in November as it is to surrender one.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Hey I just thought of a great idea. I don't know if you'll like this, but how about we trade Manu for Kobe???

remingtonbo2001
fuckin pathetic.

I got a joint in a shoebox that I've been saving.....

You never know when you might need one.

In this case my friend, you need one.

I'm not advocating the use of pot, but when people start jumpin' off the bridge, what else can you offer them?

King

2006-2007 record after 9 games - 7-2
2004-2005 record after 9 games - 8-1
2002-2003 record after 9 games - 5-4

Those seasons turned out alright.

Darkwaters
11-15-2007, 11:13 PM

No no, you're wrong you silly Spurs fan. The Mavs just said last year was their year to fake you out. It's like a Nazr Mohammed pump fake, you only think they're going to take you in 2006, but it's a fake! So they show you 2007, but it's another fake! Then they say, "2008, here we come!" Just like Nazr Mohammed was the master of the multi-pump fake, Dallas has been faking silly Spurs fans out for years.

MagnusKrauss
11-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Pop's Schedule

Preseason : rookie try-outs
November - All-Star Week : Preseason games
All-Star Week - Playoffs : Regular Season
Playoffs : Ass-Kicking Time!!!!

timvp
11-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Spoken like a true Kobe fan.Well said.

duncan228
11-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I know fans jump off the wagon with losses around here, but I still don't understand it.
If you're a fan, you're a fan.
Win or lose.

And to get that upset over any loss 9 games into the season is ridiculous.
This team historically gels on the RRT.
Anything before that is gravy.
And no matter how bad they looked tonight, this year's team has better chemistry earlier than I ever remember a Spur's team having.

They'll be fine.

timvp
11-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I'll give you four reasons no Spurs fan can be ashamed.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg

Findog
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Judging by the empty seats it looks like Mav fans are discounting those chances heavily.

You guys couldn't sell out a conference Finals game, so no need to talk.

That said, fuck the North Dallas/Highland Park douches that fill up the lower bowl of the AAC. They fucking suck.

Cry Havoc
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM
T Park?

Mom?

Darkwaters
11-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I'll give you four reasons no Spurs fan can be ashamed.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/nba_trophy.jpg

:ihit

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:21 PM

Eh, I think we did eventually.

That said, fuck the North Dallas/Highland Park douches that fill up the lower bowl of the AAC. They fucking suck.

...and even if the Spurs didn't, there certainly weren't empty seats in the lower level.

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Scenes from after the last Mavs performance that mattered:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ZlIGczo0I

Scenes from after the last Spurs peformance that mattered:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=izrlbWMKp64&feature=related

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81622&page=2

[/end thread]

remingtonbo2001
11-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Winning wouldn't feel that great if you din't loose a game every now and then.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2007, 11:24 PM
:fishing

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh and by the way - Props to the Mavs. They were better than the Spurs on November 15, 2007. :tu

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ZlIGczo0I

Re-Animator
11-15-2007, 11:26 PM
ST is puro class!

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
MPAN

Mavs peak after November

big whoop.

FilSpursFan
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Yawn.... Wake me up on Playoffs... :dramaquee :sleep :sleep

jmard5
11-15-2007, 11:49 PM
And for the record, what is the cause for shame?

vander
11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
our team has 4 trophies and the best record over the last decade, if you can't be happy with that then, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, go to hell.

santymrc
11-15-2007, 11:55 PM
First i tought ok, I'm not going to post in this stupid thread, but then, I just got mad.

FUCK YOU TROLL SON OF A THOUSAND BITCHES.

Be ashame of Mark Cuban -IF YOU ARE THE SON OF A THOUSAND BITCHES he might be your father too-.

ludda
11-15-2007, 11:57 PM
We sucked tonight. Embarassing show. Mavs match up well with us and their players seem to wait for games against us. I give them credit tonight. Revenge in Dec.

florige
11-15-2007, 11:57 PM

I thought impersonators were welcomed to post like everyone else....Fastdunk??

TradeManu4Kobe
11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
And for the record, what is the cause for shame?they played horrible,,duncan couldn't do shit in the first half..tony was awful..manu couldn't make a layup..boner couldn't hit shit..pop threw in the towel...i feel embarrassed to be from san antonio right now. all those dallas fans cheering and having a good time rubbing it into our players..it was terrible.

and why is my fan hood being questioned? you guys are the ones acting like this is meaningless...you guys are the ones that don't sound like fans. we lost bad and you guys are acting like its nothing..it matters we need homecourt in the playoffs, we wont be able to win in dallas. every game matters..look at the celtics....they are undefeated..that should be us, we're supposed to be the champs. we aren't playing like champs..its pathetic.

SPURS vs NBA media
11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
they played horrible,,duncan couldn't do shit in the first half..tony was awful..manu couldn't make a layup..boner couldn't hit shit..pop threw in the towel...i feel embarrassed to be from san antonio right now. all those dallas fans cheering and having a good time rubbing it into our players..it was terrible.

and why is my fan hood being questioned? you guys are the ones acting like this is meaningless...you guys are the ones that don't sound like fans. we lost bad and you guys are acting like its nothing..it matters we need homecourt in the playoffs, we wont be able to win in dallas. every game matters..look at the celtics....they are undefeated..that should be us, we're supposed to be the champs. we aren't playing like champs..its pathetic.

What a F#CKING LOSER :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

jmard5
11-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Well, anyway and anyhow.

FACTS:
1. When Spurs fans claim that they have 4 trophies, Mavs fans counter that past is past.

2. When Mavs fans say they own the Spurs in regular seasons, they break fact #1.

3. When Mavs fans say they eliminated the Spurs in playoffs 2006, they again break fact #1.

4. Spurs also have eliminated the Mavs in the conference finals way before 2006.

5. If Mavs fans counter that they own the Spurs this season, they forget that championships truly identifies a team. As long as the Spurs are the current champion then the Spurs are the cream of the crop, the last team standing, the team with the bragging rights and with the rest of the other teams pretenders. Mavs fans would disagree. We then go back again to fact #1.

6. Mavs fans are full of excuses. Spurs have no excuses last night. Mavs won last night. Fair & square. But always be reminded that the Mavs are still pretenders.

cherylsteele
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
they played horrible,,duncan couldn't do shit in the first half..tony was awful..manu couldn't make a layup..boner couldn't hit shit..pop threw in the towel...i feel embarrassed to be from san antonio right now. all those dallas fans cheering and having a good time rubbing it into our players..it was terrible.

Why is you "fan hood" being questioned? Do you really have to ask that?
I am telling you as a fan that has seen worse from the Spurs in their history.
I was a fan when they were 21-61 on the year, when every win was really something to talk about because they were so rare in the late '80s.
I take wins and losses in perspective, looking at the big picture. Things the Spurs did poorly at tonight can be rectified, it is still early in the season.

Home court in the playoffs isn't as important as how you are playing in the playoffs, and going into them. I prefer that to know that we are playing our best ball at the right time, if that happens, home court won't matter.

As for the Celtics....they are in the East...'nuff said.
We were playing worse last year at this time and look what happened.

That said, the thing that concerns me most about this game was our defensive FG%. Granted, the Mavs hit some big shots, but the Spurs also played some unusual matador defense.

You complain about those Mavs fans, I guarantee you that if it was the other way around, the game played here and we won, fans at the AT&T center would whoopin' and hollerin' too because the Mavs are probably our main rival.

Manu lead the Spurs tonight, and you are bitching about him?

Pop through in the towel? How so? Because he emptied the bench with about 3 min left down by 13 or so and wanted to get out of the game as healthy as possible?

The Spurs played poorly and still had chances at the beginning of the 4th quarter til about midway through it. The season is a marathon, we are just beginning it.

hsxvvd
11-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Don't delete this thread.

We won't be able to bump it come March when the Spurs get rolling and TradeManu4Kobe jumps back on the bandwagon!

Kermit
11-16-2007, 06:47 AM

You obviously haven't been watching the Spurs that long. Check back in Febuary when Ed begins to dream of a tin can filled with wonderous meat product. That's why your fan-hood is being questioned. You sound like a bandwagoner who started paying attention yesterday. And your screen-name, whether or not it's an attempt at humor, sucks.

travis2
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Is this guy channeling JimCS50 or something? :lol

rasho8
11-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I get a lot mroe upset when we lose to teams like... Portland, and Memphis. Losing to the Mavs in the reg season.

No big deal...

...especially when our starters forget that the ball is supposed to go through the hoop to score points. Not just bounce off it.

Crappy game by the Spurs, insane shooting by the Mavs and we still had a shot to win the entire game iuf we could have gotten some stops.

Again, not a big deal.

Enjoy watching the Mavs choke themselves out of the playoffs this April and June.

Taco
11-16-2007, 08:42 AM

Reggie Miller
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
No no, you're wrong you silly Spurs fan. The Mavs just said last year was their year to fake you out. It's like a Nazr Mohammed pump fake, you only think they're going to take you in 2006, but it's a fake! So they show you 2007, but it's another fake! Then they say, "2008, here we come!" Just like Nazr Mohammed was the master of the multi-pump fake, Dallas has been faking silly Spurs fans out for years.

Kudos. :lol

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Why is my fan hood being questioned?

Because a true fan doesn't give up in November.

Supreme_Being
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, anyway and anyhow.

FACTS:
1. When Spurs fans claim that they have 4 trophies, Mavs fans counter that past is past.

2. When Mavs fans say they own the Spurs in regular seasons, they break fact #1.

3. When Mavs fans say they eliminated the Spurs in playoffs 2006, they again break fact #1.

4. Spurs also have eliminated the Mavs in the conference finals way before 2006.

5. If Mavs fans counter that they own the Spurs this season, they forget that championships truly identifies a team. As long as the Spurs are the current champion then the Spurs are the cream of the crop, the last team standing, the team with the bragging rights and with the rest of the other teams pretenders. Mavs fans would disagree. We then go back again to fact #1.

6. Mavs fans are full of excuses. Spurs have no excuses last night. Mavs won last night. Fair & square. But always be reminded that the Mavs are still pretenders.

Thats the way of the world. :wakeup

BeerIsGood!
11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
November NBA basketball is as meaningful as preseason NFL football - you can take some general ideas from the games, but the entire look of the teams will be completely different once the games actually mean something and pressure jumps on people's backs.

mavsfan1000
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Man what's a laker fan doing posing as a spurs fan.

TampaDude
11-16-2007, 10:28 AM

Aw, hell...a lot of the Spurs fans were just saving their $$$ for the Finals... :hat

SpurYank
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
The guy who started this thread is as bright as the Maverick fans who are yelling "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" in Dallas this morning. Brace yourselves, this is only our second defeat. We have at least 20 to go.

My thoughts after the game were " Great, we've got 'em where we want 'em, as we do every year." It's like Stackhouse said after the game with a sort of ho-hum, and I'm paraphrasing now: "Yeah, but THEY are wearing the hardware."

'nuff said.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-16-2007, 10:41 AM
If it's any comfort to the original poster I don't question your fanhood. I question how many paint chips you had to eat before you attained your current level of intellect.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Man what's a laker fan doing posing as a spurs fan.

Isn't that punishable by death? :)

Taco
11-16-2007, 10:59 AM

TradeManu4Kobe
11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
ok i feel much better this morning, but i'm still scared of the celts, mavs and suns...did you see them last night? imagine if we face them in the playoffs..they have extra motivation....we can't compete with that. alot of you guys are trying to brush everything off but we should be really concerned...yes even this early

btw, i'm not a laker fan, i'm a kobe fan. kobe is the most talented player in the nba. if you aren't a kobe fan then you aren't a basketball fan. the spurs could really use him to compete.

nkdlunch
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM
trademanu4kobe sucks dick

Kermit
11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
if you aren't a kobe fan then you aren't a basketball fan.

I fucking hate Kobe and wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Does that mean I'm not a basketball fan? I never thought I'd live to see the day when a Spurs fan doubled as a Kobe taint licker. Pathetic.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
if you aren't a kobe fan then you aren't a basketball fan.

liar

Walter Craparita
11-16-2007, 01:15 PM
1 vs 5 is the way Naismith intended his game to be.

ancestron
11-16-2007, 02:38 PM

Dude its fucking November 15th. We aren't even 10 games in yet. If you really are a Spurs fan and have been watching them for any length of time, you should realize how unbelievably ridiculous you sound saying shit like that.
Go stroke it to your Kobe posters. You don't know shit about the Spurs :dramaquee

Re-Animator
11-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Your spending to much time at SpursReport!