PDA

View Full Version : Props to Barry

E20
11-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Barry balled out went perfect in teh field I think. Great spark of the bench. I like his attitude/poise this year, even if it's still early in the season I think he will carry this deameanor through out the season.

-Props to Manu, he did his usual thing. We can clearly see who is the best 6th man.

-Props to Timmy (scoring wise)

-I expect TP to play better next game, he can't play any worse. Is he injured or something? Looked like he was gassed, he must have had sex or something before the game.

-I would like to say to Micheal Finley:
If you're coming into this game shooting 33% and miss your 1st three attempts, it would be a good idea to not shoot the ball that much for the rest of the game.

The loss plays towards SA. You have TP and Finley -- two big scores on teh Spurs play like shit and we were in the game. Spurs will never start the game out like that ever again (6 TO's) and chances are their defense will never be that.........shitty ever again, yet we were still in the game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Barry has no hesitation now. I think that article about how he changed his attitude in stepping up, and his approach to the game, is proving true.

Nikos
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Mavs are just a tough matchup for the Spurs. They make most of their open looks and got tons of them off Spur traps. If that happens in every game, Spurs won't even compete in a series with them. Actually with the way they continue to beat them the last few seasons, I think the Mavs would be a clear favorite if they get homecourt against the Spurs.

I don't think anything positive came out of this game, the Spurs could never really threaten the Mavs at any point. Everytime they tried, Terry had a wide open look at a three. Barry was the only Spur who played exceptionally well in his role. Manu was decent, but had some untimely turnovers (like the one in the 3rd where Howard got an easy dunk off of).

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Barry was definitely the best bench player next to Manu.

E20
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Mavs are just a tough matchup for the Spurs. They make most of their open looks and got tons of them off Spur traps. If that happens in every game, Spurs won't even compete in a series with them. Actually with the way they continue to beat them the last few seasons, I think the Mavs would be a clear favorite if they get homecourt against the Spurs.

I don't think anything positive came out of this game, the Spurs could never really threaten the Mavs at any point. Everytime they tried, Terry had a wide open look at a three. Barry was the only Spur who played exceptionally well in his role. Manu was decent, but had some untimely turnovers (like the one in the 3rd where Howard got an easy dunk off of).
We're looking at two extremes here that don't often happen:
- Spurs D frantic and sloppy throughout the game; Uncharacterstic early TO's which resulted in fast break points for the Mavs and built a big lead which was to deep to dig ourselves out. Also, TP playing like shit.

-Mavs shooting an uncanny % from the field, as well as the FT advantage. Mainly this is due to the start they attained with the Spurs sloppy plays on the O and their turnovers. Which was a confidence boost to mostly everybody on the Mavs.

I mean if the laws of averages are valid then I fully believe Spurs will beat the Mavs in a 7 - game series.

I, also, have the same feeling when we play the Mavs. It is as if the Mavs make every shot they attempt and can keep at bay comebacks.

Walter Craparita
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Too bad Barry and Finley will never BOTH have a great night.

spurspf
11-15-2007, 11:14 PM
The problem I think was we kept running to double Noringsky and left somebody wide open on the weak side for a three point shot. Thus, we did not protect the three point line as usual. Let Noringsky make a contested two, if he must, but protect the three!!!

Mitch Cumsteen
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM
No energy in the first quarter, really the whole first half. Parker looked like he downed half a bottle of cold medicine pre-game. I've never seen him that sluggish. Congrats to the Mavs. Perhaps they should plan a parade or something.

AFBlue
11-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Barry is just flat-out on fire. He's shooting the ball effortlessly and with confidence. Unfortunately, Finley is the guy who tends to do that down the stretch in critical moments and with defenses draped all over him.

I'd say, start Barry and let Fin get the mop up minutes until later on in the season when he usually warms up. Right now, Fin is giving nothing on the offensive end and even less on the defensive end.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 11:24 PM

I agree on almost everything. EXCEPT the Manu was decent part! :lmao Are you joking? He's the one that kept this from being a 40 point blow out! Him and late blooming Timmy. Manu was the best Spurs out there tonight, BY FAR!

some_user86
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Parker could do no right. Everything about him was off. His defense sucked, his offense sucked. His passes were sloppy. WTF happened?

Like the OP said, was Eva too good to him last night?

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Barry balled out went perfect in teh field I think. Great spark of the bench. I like his attitude/poise this year, even if it's still early in the season I think he will carry this deameanor through out the season.

-Props to Manu, he did his usual thing. We can clearly see who is the best 6th man.

-Props to Timmy (scoring wise)

-I expect TP to play better next game, he can't play any worse. Is he injured or something? Looked like he was gassed, he must have had sex or something before the game.

-I would like to say to Micheal Finley:
If you're coming into this game shooting 33% and miss your 1st three attempts, it would be a good idea to not shoot the ball that much for the rest of the game.

The loss plays towards SA. You have TP and Finley -- two big scores on teh Spurs play like shit and we were in the game. Spurs will never start the game out like that ever again (6 TO's) and chances are their defense will never be that.........shitty ever again, yet we were still in the game.

Really? And here I was thinking that 4-5 from 3pt land for Terry was pretty awesome. I'm glad you've let us know which one is "clearly" better.

E20
11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Really? And here I was thinking that 4-5 from 3pt land for Terry was pretty awesome. I'm glad you've let us know which one is "clearly" better.
:lol
Manu Ginobili:
25 points
9 rebounds
7 assists
3 steals
31 minutes

Jason Terry:
18 Points
1 Rebound
1 Assist
1 Steal
29 minutes

Plus, Ginobili is more valueable to the Spurs.

The funny part is if Tony put together half a decent game we would have won at the American Airlines Arena.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Really? And here I was thinking that 4-5 from 3pt land for Terry was pretty awesome. I'm glad you've let us know which one is "clearly" better.Manu = 25pts 9 rbds 7 assists 3stls

Terry = 18pts 1 rbd 1 assist 1 stl

yeah, I think clearly better is the phrase we're looking at here

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:33 PM
damn Mav fan gets owned again...

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Hmmm. That's interesting. See cause I was thinking the guy who has the bigger impact on his team actually winning the game should get some credit for that.

Some of you guys actually watched the game, and didn't just read the box score after, right?

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Hmmm. That's interesting. See cause I was thinking the guy who has the bigger impact on his team actually winning the game should get some credit for that.

Some of you guys actually watched the game, and didn't just read the box score after, right?

WTF would you know about winning?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM

yeah, nice try. We're comparing two players here, not wether they won or not. Mavs won, enjoy it, Manu still outplayed the shit out of Terry. Live with it.

P.S. Its hilarious how you come in here and tout your boy's 4/5 three pointers and then when we clearly show you owned yourself, its all about who won :lol

loveforthegame
11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Barry did a good job of getting open where Finley did not. And it was great to see Barry let it fly instead of hesitate. Not sure he should start over Finley only because we might need more than Ginobli off the bench to score. Not real confident in Finley right now but he's a slow starter so I'm not writing him off just yet. Surprisingly, I thought he did a good job defensively on Dirk in that 4th quarter. Who would have thought?

Too many turnovers by the team in the first half buried the Spurs. Every time they made a run they'd just revert back to 1st quarter play again. The defense was horrific. We left too many guys open by doubling and fortunately for us the Mavs missed a lot of those otherwise we'd probably lost by 20+.

A no show by Parker. On a night where he was struggling offensively I'd like to seen what DW could have done instead of Vaughn.

Duncan's line looks nice but I wasn't too impressed with him tonight. Sure, he played better in the 2nd half but we needed some of that in the first half.

Ginobli is the man right now. I'm not sure what else to say about him.

Bonner will help this team but he looks so lost defensively at times. You give a cheer one minute only to bang your head the next.

Oberto did a nice job on the O boards but we really missed those easy baskets he gives us.

Wasn't impressed with Elson or Udoka. Bowen seemed like his mind was elsewhere.

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Mad props to brent barry, that was the Brent Barry I hoped the Spurs were signing in 2004 2005.

To me it seemed like it was a team with a game to play tommarow in mid November.

In other words, practice.

Ariel
11-16-2007, 12:02 AM

That's interesting indeed, because I was thinking that If it's crediting "the guy with the bigger impact on his team actually winning" you're looking for, Terry can't hold Manu's jockstrap. Maybe if Terry plays a key role in a team that actually wins it all, and he goes on to do so year after year, by 2020 you'll have a case. Until then... :lol

Johnny RIngo
11-16-2007, 12:58 AM

Terry played well, but IIRC Manu's leading the league in PER.