PDA

View Full Version : Malone to meet with Lakers

Kori Ellis
12-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Malone to talk to Lakers' Buss
Web Posted: 12/24/2004 12:00 AM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA122404.5C.BKNspurs.notebook.38daea57.html

Karl Malone told the Riverside Press-Enterprise on Wednesday that he plans to meet with Los Angeles Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss and general manager Mitch Kupchak.

Malone has said he has no intention of re-signing with the Lakers after Kobe Bryant accused him of making a pass at his wife.

"For all that has gone on, they called me, said they wanted to meet with me and I thought it was a good idea," Malone told the Press-Enterprise. "I'll say this. It ain't a lot of people that make efforts. I have absolutely no reason not to listen to what Dr. Buss and Mitch have to say."

Malone told the newspaper he has yet to decide his plans for the future.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Thursday night he has spoken with Malone, but only long enough for Malone to say he will call when he has a better idea of what he wants to do. Minnesota, Miami, Dallas and New Jersey also have interest in signing Malone.

Christmas break: Popovich gave the team the next two days off for the holidays. The players will visit the practice facility on their own to lift weights and work out.

The Spurs play Boston at 6 p.m. Sunday.

Face in the crowd: Gonzaga's Ronny Turiaf was a guest of Tony Parker's at Thursday's game.

Turiaff, a 6-foot-10 forward, is expected to join the ever-growing number of Frenchmen playing in the NBA next season.

Schedule changes: The Spurs' Jan. 6 game against Indiana at the SBC Center has been moved back to start at 8:30 p.m.

KENS-TV and KRRT-TV have traded broadcasting rights for a pair of games. KRRT will now air the Jan. 24 game against Sacramento. KENS will televise the April 10 game against Golden State.

Praise for Bowen? It was odd to hear Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders, who last season called Spurs forward Bruce Bowen a dirty player, giving Bowen some round-about praise by saying his own defensive standout, Trenton Hassell, needed to develop the same kind of reputation Bowen has for tough defensive play.

"It takes some time to earn a reputation like Bruce has," Saunders said. "Sometimes people just have to understand what you do defensively."

T Park
12-24-2004, 03:54 AM
8 30 against Indiana....

WHY!!!!

GRRRRRRR>

Screw you Malone if you go back to LA.

GrandeDavid
12-24-2004, 06:27 AM
Okay, I'm about tired of this Malone cheeze. The guy is fast approaching his mid-forties, for goodness sake. Time to turn the page. If he comes, fine, if not, so what.

Kaster
12-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Most Laker fans don't want him anyone, a lot of Spurs fans despise him, and for some reason Minny fans want nothing to do with him.

Malone needs to retire for good. He'd probably be a funny commentator though.

GrandeDavid
12-24-2004, 08:12 AM
^either that or a great sport fisherman!

angel_luv
12-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Malone and Bill Walton calling games together... can you imagine? Talk about a nightmare!

airjer15
12-24-2004, 09:26 AM
from someone who has probably watched Malone more than anyone here, the fact that he is 40 is not as big of a deal as you think, this guy is in incredible shape. He probably is still one of the best 5 power forwards in the leauge. I think the fact that he is playing for so little of money confuses people, I bet he is still worth 8 to 10 mil

go ahead and say your snide comments now, but you know I am right

ladiesman
12-24-2004, 09:43 AM
BUT, he is comming back from major surgery at 40+. He is damaged goods....

Hook Dem
12-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Why can't these self centered idiots ever see beyond their egos? Do they get off to everyone salivating over them. Not just Malone. TO for example. Can't any of them just be more like Tim and let the praise fall where it may? I think their playing should speak enough about themselves. They should remove all mirrors in their homes. We are the idiots for kissing their feet. Fuck 'em!!!!!!!! :flipoff

adidas11
12-24-2004, 01:16 PM
I honestly don't want Malone back, simply because the Lakers are not a championship contender even with him on the roster. The Lakers need to move in a new direction, no matter how much I despise Kobe these days.

SequSpur
12-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Ah.... you despise Kobe now? Isn't he LAs wonderboy??

adidas11
12-24-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm a Laker fan, but it doesn't mean that I think highly of Kobe. And to note, I have never been a Kobe 'fan'.

pooh
12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
8 30 against Indiana....WHY!!!! GRRRRRRR>

TNT game TPark...second game of a doubleheader.

Hopefully it will be a better contest, if they allow JO to still be playing after December 30th.

ducks
12-24-2004, 04:51 PM
addias has always liked shaq better
as a matter of fact he is his favorite player

adidas11
12-24-2004, 05:38 PM
It'll be a tough game for me to watch, Ducks. I want the Lakers to win tomorrow of course, but I also hope Shaq has a good game. A perfect game for me would be a Laker win, Shaq going for 30/20, and Shaq sending Kobe's ass into the 3rd row with a flagrant 2 in the 4th quarter.

missmyzte
12-24-2004, 06:53 PM
I understand Adidas, it's the same dilemma I encountered when Horry left LA. But I like Kobe - can't stand Shaq - and want Kobe to posterize Shaq and his stupid "brick wall" tomorrow. Go Lakers!

ALVAREZ6
12-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Why doesn't Malone make the right decision and retire?
He's making a fool of himself.

baseline bum
12-24-2004, 07:14 PM
I want Malone to go to LA so he can bang Kobe's wife and then the Rapist and the Constatiatory Rapist can kill each other after.

Kaster
12-25-2004, 12:16 AM
It'll be a tough game for me to watch, Ducks. I want the Lakers to win tomorrow of course, but I also hope Shaq has a good game. A perfect game for me would be a Laker win, Shaq going for 30/20, and Shaq sending Kobe's ass into the 3rd row with a flagrant 2 in the 4th quarter.

FYI, you're a Shaq fan.

In fact, didn't you once say Shaq was your favorite all time Laker? :rolleyes

iminlakerland
12-25-2004, 01:25 AM
yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

adidas11
12-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Yes Kaster, I have said that I'm a Shaq fan on more than one occassion.