MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
:lol

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ZlIGczo0I

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Come on Kori. You're better than that. What part of Oakland are you from?

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Come on Kori. You're better than that. What part of Oakland are you from?

I'm just supporting my UCLA boys. That's all..

traitoravery
11-15-2007, 11:30 PM

ROFL OWNED.... :clap

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm just supporting my fellow UCLA boys. That's all..

Apparently you weren't the only one supporting them.

Two of the many congratulatory calls Stephen Jackson received after Golden State eliminated the Mavericks came from San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

"Tim called when we played in the preseason, and Manu called to say thanks because they knew they had problems with Dallas," Jackson said.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/110907dnspomavsbriefs.3cb197c.html

Good to know the champs are so scared of the poor old Mavs that they become Warriors fans.

Walter Craparita
11-15-2007, 11:31 PM

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/110907dnspomavsbriefs.3cb197c.html

Good to know the champs are so scared of the poor old Mavs that they become Warriors fans.

Hopefully the Suns knock you bastards out this year and we get them in the WCF.

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Or they are just friends with Stephen Jackson.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/spurschamps/slideshows/spurslakersgame6/images/1.jpg

leemajors
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM

heaven forbid they call to congratulate and old friend helping pull off a crazy upset. it's nice to see you crawl out of your hole.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Or they are just friends with Stephen Jackson.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2015886.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED378D283928A0CD23 5A5397277B4DC33E

"Tim called when we played in the preseason, and Manu called to say thanks because they knew they had problems with Dallas," Jackson said.

:lol :lol :lol

Did I misread it? Did it actually say "called to say thanks because we're best buds"?

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Manu and TD are friends with Jackson from his SA days. What is wrong with congratulating him on a playoff series win?

Pop and Avery talk to each other and congratulate each other for their successes.

Nothing to do with fear, its respect.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Manu and TD are friends with Jackson from his SA days. What is wrong with congratulating him on a playoff series win?

Pop and Avery talk to each other and congratulate each other for their successes.

Nothing to do with fear, its respect.

I have no doubt they're friends. It's quite obvious they are. I'm not sure exactly what that refutes. See the quote--seems pretty clear as to what the primary purpose of him calling to say thanks was.

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Typical mav fan over inflating their self worth.

Amarelooms
11-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Trust me the Spurs dont want any part of the Mavs come playoff time....call it fear if you want....this Mavs teams is just a bad matchup for em

Kori Ellis
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Trust me the Spurs dont want any part of the Mavs come playoff time....call it fear if you want....this Mavs teams is just a bad matchup for em

Cool.

Hopefully they can make it out of the first round this year.

leemajors
so i guess the mavs are scared of the warriors, since they have problems with them.

Holt's Cat
Beat the 8th seed first, Champ.

DubMcDub
Typical mav fan over inflating their self worth.

Typical Spurs fan. Look, it's a blimp!

Don't blame me for what Manu and SJax talked about. I didn't alter their conversation.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:37 PM
so i guess the mavs are scared of the warriors, since they have problems with them.

Yes, they are. In a head to head matchup, Mavs:Warriors::Spurs:Mavs.

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:37 PM

Typicall classy Mavs fans.

Get out of the first round and beat an under 500 team first, then come talk smack son.

E20
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
It's as if Manu uttered the words: We have trouble with them.

He didn't. SJax said that.

Dallas fans need to take Reading Comprehension 101.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM

Get out of the first round and beat an under 500 team first, then come talk smack son.

Beat the Mavs in a basketball game. Any game. Preseason, regular season, postseason, pick up game at Tim Duncan's house--I don't care.

Then we'll talk.

Amarelooms
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM

Hell yeah if the Mavs play G State again they probably lose. Basketball is a game of matchups. Not taking away form the Spurs...overall they the best team...just not better than the Mavs head to head :elephant

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Beat the Mavs in a basketball game. Any game. Preseason, regular season, postseason, pick up game at Tim Duncan's house--I don't care.

Then we'll talk.

How about winning one of those golden trophies once,

let alone FOUR times.

Then come talk.

:lmao @ Mav fan going with typical regular season smack

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Beat the Mavs in a basketball game. Any game.

The Spurs have never beaten the Mavericks?
:)

monosylab1k

we got out of the first round many times now beaten a few under. 500 teams too.

what are you using to wipe your tears now that the tissue box is empty?

DubMcDub
It's as if Manu uttered the words: We have trouble with them. He didn't.

SJax said that.

Dallas fans need to take Reading Comprehension 101.

What in the hell are you talking about? SJax said "Manu called because...."

Let's talk reading comprehension--last I checked, the word "because" indicates that the words that follow will indicate the reason as to why something occurred.

You're right though. SJax probably wasn't capable of judging and mentioning why the call was made. After all, it's not like he was involved in the conversation or anything....

Holt's Cat

Then we'll talk.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/06/14/spurs-topper.jpg

:yawn

jmard5
11-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Props to the Mavs trolls for this win. See you all in the "playoffs"... where it counts.

T Park
what are you using to wipe your tears now that the tissue box is empty?

My 2007 NBA Champions t shirt.

Holt's Cat
The Spurs have never beaten the Mavericks?

Yeah, it's funny how much one has to exclude for Mav fan to be able to claim scoreboard.

leemajors
11-15-2007, 11:43 PM
What in the hell are you talking about? SJax said "Manu called because...."

Let's talk reading comprehension--last I checked, the word "because" indicates that the words that follow will indicate the reason as to why something occurred.

You're right though. SJax probably wasn't capable of judging and mentioning why the call was made. After all, it's not like he was involved in the conversation or anything....
last i checked, have problems with didn't equal scared. if we're talking reading comprehension.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:43 PM
More trophy talk. Blimps flying all over the place. Awesome.

Amarelooms
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Beat the Mavs on your road to the championship and then you can talk..........

Holt's Cat
Kinda fitting the Mavs were handing out free t-shirts tonight considering most of their fan base are t-shirt fans.

monosylab1k
Props to the Mavs trolls for this win. See you all in the "playoffs"... where it counts.
see, this is the bullshit i'm talking about on this site. when we're defending you guys and helping out shitting on Suns trolls, then it's "well the Mavs fans aren't so bad on this site, we actually like them".

now that the Mavs won 1 regular season game, it's "mavs trolls".

samikeyp
Beat the Mavs on your road to the championship and then you can talk..........

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Well what are the teams playing for, DuhMcDuh?

samikeyp

Not all Mavs fans...just the trollish ones.

T Park

that is the point of the game.

To win that trophy.

once again, wouldn't know anything about that...

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
last i checked, have problems with didn't equal scared. if we're talking reading comprehension.

I think perhaps you're taking the word "scared" a bit too literally, no? I doubt the 4 time champs have a great deal of fear about anyone.

That said, the Mavs clearly make them nervous. You can deny it all you want, but the facts are there. It was on their faces at the end of the game tonight.

Cue "November" response from someone in 5, 4, 3......

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
So now it's not playing for a ring, it's playing for 'nervousness'...awesome. Mav fan is the King of Rationalizing, I give 'em that.

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Not all Mavs fans...just the trollish ones.

How does one delineate between the two?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2007, 11:48 PM
see, this is the bullshit i'm talking about on this site. when we're defending you guys and helping out shitting on Suns trolls, then it's "well the Mavs fans aren't so bad on this site, we actually like them".

:lol are you feeling underappreciated? Cheer up bro, most of you are alright, or at least have been for some time now. Most people here notice this. You have GOT to learn to expect some trash talk after a game, have you not been here long enough?

and I would just like to add that if you're shitting on SUns fans just to get on out good graces, you're doing the right thing, but for all the wrong reasons! That shit should come from the heart!... or should I say your bowels?

leemajors
11-15-2007, 11:49 PM
I think perhaps you're taking the word "scared" a bit too literally, no? I doubt the 4 time champs have a great deal of fear about anyone.

That said, the Mavs clearly make them nervous. You can deny it all you want, but the facts are there. It was on their faces at the end of the game tonight.

so there was no point in you using the word except to troll. the spurs tremble at the thought of playing the mavs.

monosylab1k
11-15-2007, 11:50 PM
if you're shitting on SUns fans just to get on out good graces, you're doing the right thing, but for all the wrong reasons! That shit should come from the heart!... or should I say your bowels?
:lol no i'm only doing it cuz they're idiots...it's coming straight from the heart/bowels.

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:50 PM

Actually, that is an opinion not a fact because you have no way of actually proving that the Mavericks make the Spurs players and coaches nervous. You can make an assumption or a theory and it might be accurate but until proven it is just an opinion, not fact.

I disagree with your assesment of the looks on the faces of the Spurs players. They looked like they had just been beaten pretty handily which they were but I have seen that look on their faces after other games not involving Dallas. I think its more of a "we got our butts handed to us tonight" thing. That being said, they do have things they need to work on and the Mavericks looked rather sharp.

florige
11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Hopefully the Suns knock you bastards out this year and we get them in the WCF.

Let them have their regular season victories. Thats are their good for anyway. We all know what disappointments the postseason brings... :depressed Bravo Dallas, Bravo!!

Holt's Cat
11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
History will show that the Spurs won 4+ championships, but the ringless Mavs made them "nervous". Grand.

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
How does one delineate between the two?

I think there is a big difference. Most of the Mavs fans here are pretty cool, IMO, the trollish ones usually make the more juvenile posts and do not possess the smarts to know that all Spurs fans do not think and act alike. Your trolls will usually be spotted with their "all you Spurs fans are...." or "Spurs fans are....."

dirk4mvp
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
History will show that the Spurs won 4+ championships, but the ringless Mavs made them "nervous". Grand.

What gives? You sure sound like a bitter bitch tonight.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Actually, that is an opinion not a fact because you have no way of actually proving that the Mavericks make the Spurs players and coaches nervous. You can make an assumption or a theory and it might be accurate but until proven it is just an opinion, not fact.

I disagree with your assesment of the looks on the faces of the Spurs players. They looked like they had just been beaten pretty handily which they were but I have seen that look on their faces after other games not involving Dallas. I think its more of a "we got our butts handed to us tonight" thing. That being said, they do have things they need to work on and the Mavericks looked rather sharp.

Tony Parker didn't look nervous out there to you tonight?

Shit man, be honest with yourself. I'm not saying the Mavs are guaranteed to win a title. I'm not even saying they're the favorites. Hell, I won't even go so far as to say they would absolutely beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

I WILL say that the Spurs look very apprehensive of the Mavs. And I know it when I see it, because it's exactly how the Mavs look against the Warriors.

If you don't agree with that, fine, but at least state that you disagree (which you did and I appreciate) and move on instead of launching into some hilarious championship count tirade (as some of your peers have done) .

T Park
What gives?

Mavs fan talking shit like the Mavericks actually accomplished something..

Holt's Cat
I think there is a big difference. Most of the Mavs fans here are pretty cool, IMO, the trollish ones usually make the more juvenile posts and do not possess the smarts to know that all Spurs fans do not think and act alike. Your trolls will usually be spotted with their "all you Spurs fans are...." or "Spurs fans are....."

True. That latter group also seems to be the ones most likely to run after a choke.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM

This is bogus if you're referring to me. Scan my posts. I am absolutely clear that I speak of only a minority segment of the fan base.

Throw that shit on me if you want but it's simply not what I've claimed.

T Park

Yes, a guy whos won the Finals MVP, would be nervous on the 15th of November of the first night of a back to back.

What bad moonshine are you drinkin there?

Holt's Cat

Parker looked like it was November 15th and he gets to bang Eva Longoria every night. I guess the Mavs make Parker lethargic and apathetic, because that's what he looked like for the entire game.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-15-2007, 11:55 PM

Shit man, be honest with yourself. I'm not saying the Mavs are guaranteed to win a title. I'm not even saying they're the favorites. Hell, I won't even go so far as to say they would absolutely beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

I WILL say that the Spurs look very apprehensive of the Mavs. And I know it when I see it, because it's exactly how the Mavs look against the Warriors.

If you don't agree with that, fine, but at least state that you disagree (which you did and I appreciate) and move on instead of launching into some hilarious championship count tirade (as some of your peers have done) .

If Duncan and Manu are going as far as to calling Sjax in the pre-season and thanking him for knocking the Mavs out so the Spurs don't have to face them.....then yeah, I'd say the Mavs are in the Spurs heads at the very least.

Still looking forward to the Dec. 5 matchup, though.

DubMcDub
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Yes, a guy whos won the Finals MVP, would be nervous on the 15th of November of the first night of a back to back.

What bad moonshine are you drinkin there?

Apparently the kind that gives me better abilities in basic perception of others' anxiety than you possess.

dirk4mvp
Mavs fan talking shit like the Mavericks actually accomplished something..

Some spur fans are the kings of hypocrisy. The Mavs win tonight and it's Oh, a November win. Reg. Season Champs! If the Mavs lost tonight, It'd be Damn the Mavs can't even win in the reg. season.

Holt's Cat
What gives? You sure sound like a bitter bitch tonight.

Nah, it just amuses me that Mav fans get so excited about early season wins. Granted, after the last two postseasons I might be searching for any ray of hope...

DubMcDub
Some spur fans are the kings of hypocrisy. The Mavs win tonight and it's Oh, a November win. Reg. Season Champs! If the Mavs lost tonight, It'd be Damn the Mavs can't even win in the reg. season.

Not to mention the "Mavs should beat a .500 team in the playoffs" assertions when less than 2 years ago they beat the very fans of the team making such ridiculous statements. :toast

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:57 PM

No he didn't. Parker looked like a player who started off slow and got into his own head and screwed himself up...which he has done before. Instead of relaxing and working through it, he starts pressing too hard and psyches himself out. Sadly, this whole team tends to do that from time to time. I don't think it was nervousness or fear or anything else. I think they got down early and tried to do to much that was not part of their game. They got themselves further and further out of sync and Dallas, being the good team they are, smelled blood and acted accordingly.

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:58 PM
If the Mavs lost tonight, It'd be Damn the Mavs can't even win in the reg. season.

No it would've been, cool, whos next?

You see, when you win multiple championships, these games right now, mean about as much as that division banner.

Squat.

DubMcDub
If Duncan and Manu are going as far as to calling Sjax in the pre-season and thanking him for knocking the Mavs out so the Spurs don't have to face them.....then yeah, I'd say the Mavs are in the Spurs heads at the very least.

Still looking forward to the Dec. 5 matchup, though.

Wow, look at that, a reasonable response.

Appreciate it. Good game tonight. It will be a much closer game on Dec. 5 (and beyond). Good luck to the Spurs until then.

mavs>spurs2
LMAO @ all the tards getting all worked up in a thread mocking spursdynasty

MaNuMaNiAc
hypocrisy would entail it be the same person. Spurstalk isn't one big entity. Varying opinions is what you're looking at

mavs>spurs2
No it would've been, cool, whos next?

You see, when you win multiple championships, these games right now, mean about as much as that division banner.

Squat.

Calm down and have yourself another burger, big boy.

Eating will help ease the pain

T Park
assertions when less than 2 years ago they beat the very fans of the team making such ridiculous statements.

and didn't win anything, and NEVER have won anything.

Whats your point.

samikeyp
11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
This is bogus if you're referring to me. Scan my posts. I am absolutely clear that I speak of only a minority segment of the fan base.

Throw that shit on me if you want but it's simply not what I've claimed.

It was a general statement not directed toward anyone particular.

T Park
11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Calm down and have yourself another burger, big boy.

Im more than calm.

Maverick fan is the one jizzin all over the place over a victory on November 15th.

dirk4mvp
11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Not to mention the "Mavs should beat a .500 team in the playoffs" assertions when less than 2 years ago they beat the very fans of the team making such ridiculous statements. :toast

Weren't the Warriors something like 16-2 after their trade and were healthy?

Another area where some Spur fans excel in the hypocrisy dept. is they get pissed when mav fans tells him to stop living in the past, but he will be the first one to pull up Mavs postseason past.

MaNuMaNiAc
Wow, look at that, a reasonable response.

Appreciate it. Good game tonight. It will be a much closer game on Dec. 5 (and beyond). Good luck to the Spurs until then.I see, so the only reasonable response for you is one that agrees with what you're saying...

I only bring it up because back in the Barry thread, you seem to have left reason back in here then?

monosylab1k
:lol very true

sorry for getting a little worked up here fellas. i respect all the Spurs fans on this site except T Park.

T Park

It was in the post season, and it was a joking "thanks"

God, do you feel guilty or something?

samikeyp
Some spur fans are the kings of hypocrisy. The Mavs win tonight and it's Oh, a November win. Reg. Season Champs! If the Mavs lost tonight, It'd be Damn the Mavs can't even win in the reg. season

Agreed...and if the Spurs had won, there would have been Mavs fans (not all, some) who would have done the same thing.

I even called it.

Post #59 :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81490&page=3&pp=26

T Park
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
i respect all the Spurs fans on this site except T Park.

Yeah Im sure everyone is just thrilled over this news.

mavs>spurs2
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
:lol very true

sorry for getting a little worked up here fellas. i respect all the Spurs fans on this site except T Park.

:lmao nice disclaimer

Kori Ellis
11-16-2007, 12:02 AM

I'm not sure what other kind of response you want. It's November 15th. I gave the Mavs props somewhere around here. They were the better team on November 15th. If there were a November 15th trophy, you'd have it.

Props to the Mavs, they were better today.

T Park
Another area where some Spur fans excel in the hypocrisy dept. is they get pissed when mav fans tells him to stop living in the past, but he will be the first one to pull up Mavs postseason past.

is there a present mavs postseason we are avoiding?

E20
Mavs fucking suck. :lol

Amarelooms
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM

Yes what the hell...are you people this clueless? Gotta love Spursdynasty...didnt he predict the Spurs would go 4-0 vs the Mavs? Ummmm....oooppppppppppppps :elephant

Holt's Cat
Weren't the Warriors something like 16-2 after their trade and were healthy?

Damn, do Mav fans really need validation that bad? Then again, when you make NBA history with the worst playoff performance ever by a 67 win team I guess you do.

dirk4mvp
is there a present mavs postseason we are avoiding?

is there a present post of yours that isn't a makeshift witty coment that gets no laughs?

Leetonidas

Honestly, I don't think he looked nervous. The man was the NBA Finals MVP for God's sake...I personally think his mind was elsewhere because he just didn't look like himself and didn't even play to 1/5th of his potential.

monosylab1k
11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah Im sure everyone is just thrilled over this news.
yeah me too.

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
and didn't win anything, and NEVER have won anything.

Whats your point.

And yet again, the point eludes you.

Stop jacking off to thoughts of your trophies for a second and read what he actually wrote. He called the Spurs fans hypocrites because they have discernibly inconsistent attitudes--

Spurs fan: "Beat a .500 team in the playoffs Mavs"
Mavs fan: "We did....the Spurs."
Spurs fan: "oh....well...uh...FOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS"

See anything wrong with this conversation? Spurs fan makes a point, Mavs fan addresses that point with a flawless counter-argument, and Spurs fan equivocates to a different point entirely.

Hypocrisy. Learn it. Love it.

florige
11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Yes what the hell...are you people this clueless? Gotta love Spursdynasty...didnt he predict the Spurs would go 4-0 vs the Mavs? Ummmm....oooppppppppppppps :elephant

Him and Dirk are the worst at making predictions I have ever seen in history... Not the dirk on now.... th infamous tirade dirk from last season... :elephant :elephant :elephant that Dirk... :lol

stretch
11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
My 2007 NBA Champions t shirt.
You found a t-shirt that fits you?

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 12:06 AM
See anything wrong with this conversation? Spurs fan makes a point, Mavs fan addresses that point with a flawless counter-argument, and Spurs fan equivocates to a different point entirely.

thought you didn't generalize about Spurs fans.
;)

monosylab1k
You found a t-shirt that fits you?
no, just one that wipes away the tears of a regular season loss that he's way too sensitive about.

Kori Ellis

Nobody really got worked up until I posted the Warriors video - which was just a joke.

The Warriors video is something I watch all the time whenever I need to laugh. :lol

Leetonidas

Stop jacking off to thoughts of your trophies for a second and read what he actually wrote. He called the Spurs fans hypocrites because they have discernibly inconsistent attitudes--

The Mavs beat us, but it was a close and very good series. However, they faltered and lost to the Heat and didn't win the trophy and in the big picture, that is what matters. The Spurs are the defending champs right now, the Mavs are not. I don't see why anyone even cares about any of this. The season just started, it was only one game in November in Dallas.

Come on.

dirk4mvp
11-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Damn, do Mav fans really need validation that bad? Then again, when you make NBA history with the worst playoff performance ever by a 67 win team I guess you do.

bitter bitch confirmed.

Holt's Cat

Get a wife or life partner.

Not an argument. But flawless all the same.

monosylab1k
thought you didn't generalize about Spurs fans.
;)
:lol samikeyp is the "generalizations" ball-buster.

it's true tho, I say "all you Spurs fans" a lot when I really mean like 3 or 4 posters.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 12:08 AM
samikeyp is the "generalizations" ball-buster.

Someone's gotta be. :)

dirk4mvp
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
:lol samikeyp is the "generalizations" ball-buster.

it's true tho, I say "all you Spurs fans" a lot when I really mean like 3 or 4 posters.

I find it is wise to put "some" in front of spur fans. Samikeyp used to bust my balls about the same thing :lol

timvp
The Mavs won 67 games and lost to an 8th seed.

/thread

samikeyp
I find it is wise to put "some" in front of spur fans. Samikeyp used to bust my balls about the same thing

Dirk is good people. :) :tu

Amarelooms
11-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Damnit....this thread is about the Mavs beating a team they are SUPPOSE to beat...dont hyjack my thread people.

stretch
11-16-2007, 12:10 AM

/thread
Neat.

But that has nothing to do with what happened tonight.

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Neat.

But that has nothing to do with what happened tonight.

Right, when a ring isn't on the line the Mavs show up.

Kori Ellis
11-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Dirk is on my fantasy team. I was hoping he would have scored more tonight, got damn.

Amarelooms
11-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Dirk is on my fantasy team. I was hoping he would have scored more tonight, got damn.

Dirk has not been playing well...shooting what like 40% from the field i bet. Hope his shot comes back soon :elephant

BUMP
11-16-2007, 12:18 AM
why doesnt San Antonio, use what Golden State did and "exploit" the Mavericks.

timvp
11-16-2007, 12:20 AM
why doesnt San Antonio, use what Golden State did and "exploit" the Mavericks.A) This is the regular season. It's called "regular" for a reason.

B) The Warriors have 10 athletes who are between 6-foot-7 and 6-foot-9. The Spurs have zero.

E20
Spurs don't have the personnel. Warriors are stacked with 6'8" 220-230 lbs athletic/tough/in your face Guard-Forwards. Also, The Baron was on fire that series.

Amuseddaysleeper

we don't have the tools in the matchup with the Mavs that GS have.

monosylab1k
11-16-2007, 12:21 AM
either way, this game tonight solidifies something we all knew.

many teams could possibly beat the Mavericks in the playoffs, but only one team has the ability to beat the Spurs.

Amarelooms
11-16-2007, 12:21 AM

lol cause the Spurs cant run and gun like GS. Like I said all about matchups...the Mavs dont have a post player to hurt small athletic teams.

GS/Phoenix are the worst possible matchup for the Mavs....while the Mavs are the worst possible matchup for the Spurs :elephant

Findog
11-16-2007, 12:25 AM
A) This is the regular season. It's called "regular" for a reason.

It's kind of a neat paradigm to construct. Spurs win, well they're just the defending champs and the best team in basketball. Spurs lose, and it's November and Pop is not playing with the full deck just yet.

B) The Warriors have 10 athletes who are between 6-foot-7 and 6-foot-9. The Spurs have zero

We have our Achilles heel and you have yours. To win a title you have to be damn good and you also need a bit of luck along the way. The Spurs avoided their worst matchup last year. If luck shines on us, we'll avoid the same. Warriors are 0-6.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 12:26 AM
It's kind of a neat paradigm to construct. Spurs win, well they're just the defending champs and the best team in basketball. Spurs lose, and it's November and Pop is not playing with the full deck just yet.

its also a paradigm not limited to Spurs fans.

phyzik
11-16-2007, 12:27 AM
dont know if its been said yet, regardless of who won...

NOVEMBER!!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-16-2007, 12:30 AM
either way, this game tonight solidifies something we all knew.

many teams could possibly beat the Mavericks in the playoffs, but only one team has the ability to beat the Spurs.
actually, if we're going by November losses, so do the Rockets :lol

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
actually, if we're going by November losses, so do the Rockets :lol

One championship season, it was ~10 of the first 20 teams the Spurs faced.

It's nice when you don't have to search for a glimmer of hope that your team won't choke in the postseason.

Findog
11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
its also a paradigm not limited to Spurs fans.

We were better tonight, we were better in May 2006, we were better February 2007. Had the two teams met in the playoffs last year, Spurs would've won that go-round. I think Avery wants this team to save its best for last too.

monosylab1k
11-16-2007, 12:32 AM
also, it's nice to see that Spurs fans haven't completely forgotten that they have a rivalry with the Mavericks. I was worried that after the Mav's GS flameout and then the Horry/Amare/Diaw imbroglio that the Spurs fans wouldn't get all that worked up about the Mavs.

samikeyp
We were better tonight, we were better in May 2006, we were better February 2007. Had the two teams met in the playoffs last year, Spurs would've won that go-round. I think Avery wants this team to save its best for last too.

Agreed.

samikeyp
also, it's nice to see that Spurs fans haven't completely forgotten that they have a rivalry with the Mavericks. I was worried that after the flameout and then the Horry/Amare/Diaw imbroglio that the Spurs fans wouldn't get all that worked up about the Mavs.

Still the best rivalry in basketball.

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
also, it's nice to see that Spurs fans haven't completely forgotten that they have a rivalry with the Mavericks. I was worried that after the Mav's GS flameout and then the Horry/Amare/Diaw imbroglio that the Spurs fans wouldn't get all that worked up about the Mavs.

I'm not so sure it's due to a "rivalry" as it is to the fact that Mav fans were camped out in the game thread.

Findog
11-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Agreed.

Dirk is doing a better job of anticipating where the double teams are coming from and I'm really impressed with how well he's passing out of them and finding the cutters. There was also better ball movement all around instead of a reliance on iso play. Those two things killed us against Golden State.

phyzik
11-16-2007, 12:35 AM

How could we forget??

First you hire a coach who played for the spurs...

then you copy every idea they have!!! (ie, Mani off the bench)

:stirpot:

Findog
11-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm not so sure it's due to a "rivalry" as it is to the fact that Mav fans were camped out in the game thread.

It's a rivalry. It ain't one-sided. Or, wait, maybe it is since we've now won like 9 out of the last 13 or whatever it is. :lol

8th seed. Choke. Soft. Just getting it out of the way to save you the trouble. :toast

mavs>spurs2
11-16-2007, 12:37 AM

/thread

timvp secretly wants whottt's cock

/endlife

phyzik
11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
{Spursdynasty}it was a fluke win, shots where falling that would never fall in a real Spurs game{/Spursdynasty}

Shank
11-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Spursfan solidifying their position as the most insecure fanbase in all of sports.

I heard all the same shit from the Spurs fans walking out of the AAC tonight. As if they held that "4 championships" card firmly in their pockets in the event of a loss. Even the Lakers and Celtics fans with all their championships are classy enough to take a loss, even if it is just an early regular season game. No one - seriously, NO ONE - plays that card more than the Spurs fanbase. Yeah, congratulations on your team winning 4. But sack up and take a fucking loss without being bitches about it.

SequSpur
11-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Spurs lost. Big fucking deal. Mavs lost to the Hawks. Blow me.

Shank
11-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Spurs lost. Big fucking deal. Mavs lost to the Hawks. Blow me.

That's the spirit!

TheAuthority
11-16-2007, 12:53 AM

Correction, they, along with the help of the referees(see: Nowitzki going to the line 20 times a night, who is a jump shooter), defeated themselves.

Also, whoever said Parker looked nervous... that's a crock of shit. Nobody is nervous that early in the season. BUT, to the people saying blah blah blah Parker is the finals MVP, how would he be nervous? Well, Parker HAS been known to COMPLETELY crack in pressure situations in the past. It just happens he didn't do that last year. I'm not ready to crown him Mr. Clutch just yet. In fact, I'd still lean more towards choker than clutch.

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 01:20 AM
It's amusing how much insecure Mav fans feel compelled to visit this forum and inform Spurs fans that it is they who are really "insecure."

If Cuban had a team that won 4 NBA titles he'd have an image of all 4 tattooed on his forehead.

I guess trolling makes you guys feel better. If my favorite team caused me that much pain I might do the same.

Alas, not a problem.

dirk4mvp
11-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Correction, they, along with the help of the referees(see: Nowitzki going to the line 20 times a night, who is a jump shooter), defeated themselves.

wow, really? This solidifies your status as a homo.

703 Spurz
11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I have no doubt they're friends. It's quite obvious they are. I'm not sure exactly what that refutes. See the quote--seems pretty clear as to what the primary purpose of him calling to say thanks was.

Yet you assholes still haven't won a championship. How can you possibly talk shit to Spurs fans?

Ooooh you won the first game. You're not even in first place

lebomb
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
:rolleyes

rasho8
11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Ah... this is why I love the Mavs fans. They smack and smack and smack and then disappear just like their team in the playoffs.

And no Mavs fan, you will never EVER be as bad as Phoenix fan. Phoenix fan licks sweaty Amare nutsack on a daily basis and like it, especially when he's suspended for being a dumb ass.

stretch
11-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Until you win a ship..........STFU.

What kind of ship? Battleship? Airship?

Findog
11-16-2007, 09:23 AM

He means one of those model ships in a wine bottle. So zip it beyotch!

stretch
11-16-2007, 09:24 AM

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM

Ok..that was funny. :lol

Reggie Miller
11-16-2007, 09:29 AM

The Soviet Union was our ally in WWII. That didn't turn out too hot, either. It's human nature; don't take it personally. I almost declared a self-imposed moratorium from ST today. It's going to be a long day...

DallasFan
11-16-2007, 09:35 AM

Come on man...do the Mavs match is up well with the Spurs...YES. Does this mean the Spurs fear us? HELL NO! They are a Dynasty right now...we are the ones with something to prove.

I can actually see their light now...the regular season can be fun to watch, but I don't get all worked up over a loss as I did previously. It all matters what happens in the playoffs...look how bad we looked against Portland... :drunk

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I can actually see their light now...the regular season can be fun to watch, but I don't get all worked up over a loss as I did previously. It all matters what happens in the playoffs...look how bad we looked against Portland...

Bingo.

Don't get me wrong, losing sucks especially to your team's biggest rival, but because the regular season is so long and the playoffs are much more important, that is why people take that stance. That is the way I feel and that is no slight against the Mavs. They are a good team and played their asses off last night and had a great win. I have just learned not to get to high or too low over regular season games.

Just my .02.

leemajors
11-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Bingo.

Don't get me wrong, losing sucks especially to your team's biggest rival, but because the regular season is so long and the playoffs are much more important, that is why people take that stance. That is the way I feel and that is no slight against the Mavs. They are a good team and played their asses off last night and had a great win. I have just learned not to get to high or too low over regular season games.

Just my .02.
i dunno, my coworkers are looking at me funny as i hyperventilate about our divisional record in november. :madrun

SpurOutofTownFan
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM

Don't blame me for what Manu and SJax talked about. I didn't alter their conversation.

You are correct, you didn't. somebody else did.