PDA

View Full Version : did they find some super defense on parker or what?

td4mvp3
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
if he just does his average for this year, the spurs tie this game. what the deally?

ludda
11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
bad night...players have those sometimes. But I have to see him against the mavs more this year to see if they really do neutralize him as some say. I think he just had a bad night.

WalterBenitez
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
"did they find some super defense on parker or what?"

Yep they give some food's advice to EVA

T Park
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Its called "one of those nights"

Im not worried about the Finals MVP.

Kori Ellis
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM
if he just does his average for this year, the spurs tie this game. what the deally?

Moreso he just sucked than the D.

Hopefully this was just an off night and he's not banged up because he was super out of it.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I think it was a conbination of both bad shooting night and great defense on Harris' part. I mean, on any other night if he can't hit the jumper he'll rely on quickness for easy layups, but Harris is just as quick and can keep up with him like no other. This is NOT going to be the problem with the Rockets tomorrow. Look for Tony to make up for tonights outing.

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 12:20 AM
When it's TP without Manu then TP is the only penetrator on the floor. And when TP is playing like it's Oct. 15th then the Spurs are easy to jump early.

boutons_
11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
You could see the fog in his face, he was a zombie tonight.

Johnny RIngo
11-16-2007, 12:51 AM
You could see the fog in his face, he was a zombie tonight.

I noticed that too. When he was on the bench he didn't look like he was into the game at all. Really lame performace by TP.

bdictjames
11-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Diop was bothering him obviously. At least he dished out some assists.

Spurs also missed a lot of lay-ups. If only we could have had a first quarter surge, all those early turnovers led to the result.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Harris>Parker when they face off against each other. Harris can shut him down while Parker cant even contain Harris!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Parker just couldn't get it going. It was more so one of those bad spells, than him being taken out of his game because of the Mavs. He was like how Tim was against the Lakers this week.

Kibic
11-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Who have seen his games on EC this summer (and is smart enough) will know how to stop him from MVP look.

exstatic
11-16-2007, 08:27 AM
The story of this game: Dallas got back on D, and SA didn't. Tony is like Phoenix in microcosm: if you take away his transition buckets, he's going to struggle and lose confidence. It was also like a re-run of the first HOU game: Tony wasn't coming off the pick and roll firing the jumper. When he hesitates or thinks, he generally misses. When he goes straight up behind the pick, he's filling it up, like against LA.

ManuTastic
11-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I for one don't think it was just an 'off night.' Parker had an off night because when he got in the lane he had one or two 7-footers guarding the rim and had to kick out. Think Dallas doesn't study Spurs game films? They know what we do, and they did a damn good job shutting us down last night. Plus their shooters got hot. But guess what? That's Dallas: gattling-gun offense and, finally, some idea of how to protect the rim. They are now 4-1 against SA going back to last season. This is not a joke. They are still our number one problem going for another title.
Yeah, it's November, but how many more bad losses to Dallas until people stop pretending it's not a problem?

BornForMiracle
11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Harris is quicker than Parker. And what is worse, Parker don't know defence.

George Gervin's Afro
11-16-2007, 09:34 AM
parker sucked last night and made devin harris look like an all star

telecomguy
11-16-2007, 11:57 AM
parker sucked last night and made devin harris look like an all star

Devin Harris completely ouplayed Parker in every facet of the game. Problem with Tony is that he generally seems play really well against the weaker teams or when we have large leads. When the game is tough, he seems to wilt. Last night, his lanes were shut down and he couldn't lay anything up even when he finally managed to force his way to the rim due to Diop & Dampier. So he started chucking jumpers and you can tell he still doesn't have confidence to hit them on a regular basis under pressure. On top of that Devin completetly abused him with layups, jumpers, passes, etc. I can understand if TP's offense was off sync but his defence (or complete lack of) was non-existent and was the main reason why we got killed in the opening two quarters as Devin or Terry kept on losing Parker easily and made assists or jumpers exposing Spurs defence.

If TP can't stay even with Harris (never mind outplay him), Spurs are going to have major problems with Mavs come playoff time if they should play against each other. What's worse, it looks like Devin's jumper has improved hugely this year so TP can't even lay off him anymore and basically Devin is taller, faster version of TP and perhaps with even a better court vision/assist PG. He is actually learning to become a REAL PG which TP has yet learned to do.

I have always said that if TP's penetration game isn't working for whatever reason (typically when defence has good shotblockers and pack the lane), TP has to hit the jumpers OR play as a REAL Point Guard by facilitating for others. Even though he got 8 assists last night, I didn't feel that he broke the Mavs defense or really made crisp passes like Nash or Kidd to open up players.

I hope it was just one off night but I have seen this picture before when TP gets shut down both on offense and defence and his willingness or competitiveness wilts.

xapatan2
11-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Devin Harris completely ouplayed Parker in every facet of the game. Problem with Tony is that he generally seems play really well against the weaker teams or when we have large leads. When the game is tough, he seems to wilt. Last night, his lanes were shut down and he couldn't lay anything up even when he finally managed to force his way to the rim due to Diop & Dampier. So he started chucking jumpers and you can tell he still doesn't have confidence to hit them on a regular basis under pressure. On top of that Devin completetly abused him with layups, jumpers, passes, etc. I can understand if TP's offense was off sync but his defence (or complete lack of) was non-existent and was the main reason why we got killed in the opening two quarters as Devin or Terry kept on losing Parker easily and made assists or jumpers exposing Spurs defence.

If TP can't stay even with Harris (never mind outplay him), Spurs are going to have major problems with Mavs come playoff time if they should play against each other. What's worse, it looks like Devin's jumper has improved hugely this year so TP can't even lay off him anymore and basically Devin is taller, faster version of TP and perhaps with even a better court vision/assist PG. He is actually learning to become a REAL PG which TP has yet learned to do.

I have always said that if TP's penetration game isn't working for whatever reason (typically when defence has good shotblockers and pack the lane), TP has to hit the jumpers OR play as a REAL Point Guard by facilitating for others. Even though he got 8 assists last night, I didn't feel that he broke the Mavs defense or really made crisp passes like Nash or Kidd to open up players.

I hope it was just one off night but I have seen this picture before when TP gets shut down both on offense and defence and his willingness or competitiveness wilts.

I remember the discussions and arguments I ( and others) had with Ghostwriter during the first and second year of Tony in the spurs team but at least, we were basing our discussions on real facts... and common observations...

But here...

:nerd

think i just read the most stupid post of the month !

lies, ignorance of the past, ignorance of every observations made before by regular posters that are objective to point out the lack of energy and form of Tony...

wouah ! :toast

Xap'

edit : my bad, i should have had a look at your messages history !!!

How can i take seriously someone who has written that Claxton was a better defender than Parker !!!
so hilarious !

K-State Spur
11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Tony was awful last night - careless and off his game.

But if Devin Harris keeps trying to steal the ball by reaching around Parker, it'll result in more lay-ups than turnovers in the future.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-16-2007, 12:18 PM

Yeah, this is a real un-biased opinion... right? give me a fucking break! The man has one bad game and now he seemingly isn't worth shit?

K-State Spur
11-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I for one don't think it was just an 'off night.' Parker had an off night because when he got in the lane he had one or two 7-footers guarding the rim and had to kick out. Think Dallas doesn't study Spurs game films? They know what we do, and they did a damn good job shutting us down last night. Plus their shooters got hot. But guess what? That's Dallas: gattling-gun offense and, finally, some idea of how to protect the rim. They are now 4-1 against SA going back to last season. This is not a joke. They are still our number one problem going for another title.
Yeah, it's November, but how many more bad losses to Dallas until people stop pretending it's not a problem?

It's tough to read too much into a game where one team clearly wanted it much more than the other. And it's tough to read too much into anything that the Spurs do - one way or the other - until the Rodeo trip.

All that said, of course Dallas is a threat. But they are not unbeatable like some on here like to make out after a loss like that.

thispego
11-16-2007, 12:25 PM
fucking tony parker probably partied wednesday night or something because he looked DEAD. and because of him I have to change my fucking title now.

ctpsb
11-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, this is a real un-biased opinion... right? give me a fucking break! The man has one bad game and now he seemingly isn't worth shit?

No it's just that he always seems to have a bad game against the Mavericks. If Harris can do all these wonderful things to Parker then why isn't he considered an All-Star now and do this to the rest of the league? It seems Harris' speed doesn't do much for him except when he plays the Spurs. So is Harris this good or something else?Just like the Mavs to the Spurs in general Harris I'm afraid is in Parker's head.

It's the same thing with Duncan. It seems 7' 6" Yao Ming's size is no problem, but Diop's 7" even size does bother Duncan. The Mavs are just in the Spurs' heads for whatever reason.

1Parker1
11-16-2007, 12:30 PM

:lol He had 8 assists in the game.....it's hard to get assists when the team is shooting below 40% for the game. Common Basketball knowledge.

As for the rest of your comments, I think you fall into the category of a poster who takes his personal opinions and biasness as fact

K-State Spur
11-16-2007, 12:36 PM
No it's just that he always seems to have a bad game against the Mavericks.

Granted, Tony doesn't match-up quite as well with the Mavs as he does against other teams. However, to say that he always has a bad game against the Mavs is a huge fallacy.

Kori Ellis
11-16-2007, 12:47 PM

Give up this kind of idiocy.

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 02:45 PM
It's tough to read too much into a game where one team clearly wanted it much more than the other. And it's tough to read too much into anything that the Spurs do - one way or the other - until the Rodeo trip.

All that said, of course Dallas is a threat. But they are not unbeatable like some on here like to make out after a loss like that.

I don't think anyone thinks Dallas is unbeatable. I certainly don't.

timvp
11-16-2007, 02:48 PM
basically Devin is taller, faster version of TP and perhaps with even a better court vision/assist PG:lmao

Good to see the Parker haters back out of their hole. Hadn't seen them in months.

Welcome back.

sprrs
11-16-2007, 02:56 PM
If Tony was able to knock down his J like he's been able to before, the lane would have opened up and we wouldn't be having this conversation. However he wasn't knocking them down, so the lane was clogged and he was shut down completely.

K-State Spur
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't think anyone thinks Dallas is unbeatable. I certainly don't.

actually not referring to the Mav fans. it's the Spurs' own fans who act like the biggest morons after games like last night.

ducks
11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
so duncan gets 5 points the game before and everyone is ok with it because it was duncan
now tp had a bad shooting night and it is not ok
can not have it both ways people

slayermin
11-16-2007, 06:30 PM
TP had an off night from the perimeter. It looked like he was sick or he lacked energy. I don't think it was the defense. If he's knocking down his jumper, then lanes will open up for him.

To compound the problem, Michael Finley is way off. You combine TP's struggles with Finley's lack of production and you get what happended last night.

Dartherus
11-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Give up this kind of idiocy.
Just because you're a moderator does it mean your word is holy?

The man had good points.

Tony Parker is too one dimensional player, his BB IQ is average at best, and that's not too nice for a PG against strong teams who can play D in an intelligent way. In such cirscumtances, Basketball IQ is more needed than just physical attributes, the one that usually bring players like Tim, Manu, Oberto or Horry in playoffs or in difficult games, not Parker.

Parker had the luck of having the oposing starter PG injured in the past finals, and that Tim was robbed the MVP (Tony scored more, but little else, while Tim brought a lot of intangibles and D, depite scoring a little less).

So, you shouldn't label idiocy so easily, perhaps other people can have valid points, don't you think?

td4mvp3
11-16-2007, 08:42 PM

The man had good points.

Tony Parker is too one dimensional player, his BB IQ is average at best, and that's not too nice for a PG against strong teams who can play D in an intelligent way. In such cirscumtances, Basketball IQ is more needed than just physical attributes, the one that usually bring players like Tim, Manu, Oberto or Horry in playoffs or in difficult games, not Parker.

Parker had the luck of having the oposing starter PG injured in the past finals, and that Tim was robbed the MVP (Tony scored more, but little else, while Tim brought a lot of intangibles and D, depite scoring a little less).

So, you shouldn't label idiocy so easily, perhaps other people can have valid points, don't you think?
one dimensional how? he scores by driving and his shot, while not clutch, is on par with a lot of players, lately, i think. he's no steve nash but he's not a terrible passer. and his defense is pretty cool, i thought, ever since he handled rip hamilton in game 5 of 05, and then handled iverson in 07, nash/whoever he got for phoenix, and deron was a beast but even bowen wasn't stopping that kid.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Too much sex going on. That's all.

I just don't understand why this thread became a Harris/Parker discussion forum... any Mavs fans care to elaborate?

telecomguy
11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Too much sex going on. That's all.

I just don't understand why this thread became a Harris/Parker discussion forum... any Mavs fans care to elaborate?

Why? Because that disparity was what mostly decided the outcome of the game. Harris played lights out and Parker could not have played worse. It wasn't all his fault but surely had lot to do with the outcome?

TradeParker4Nash
11-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Nicely put. :tu

MaNuMaNiAc
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
ONE GAME!! it was ONE GAME!! Otherwise he's played balls out for the past nine! Jesus! some people are beyond help

DAINTX
11-17-2007, 11:20 PM
ONE GAME!! it was ONE GAME!! Otherwise he's played balls out for the past nine! Jesus! some people are beyond help

Exactly right. What the hell is wrong with people? One walk-through game and the guy is crap? Gimme a break! Yes, Harris seems to match up pretty well with Parker, but overall, Harris is not even close as a player night in and night out. Let's everyone remember that the Spurs are by now long conditioned by experience and coaching to crank up the intensity during the "Feb. Rodeo Road Trip". Traditionally, they get it all going then and roll into the playoffs as a completely different team. So this is way too early to even get a read on what kind of team the Spurs will be in May-June. This time of year the team is prone to throw-away games. The Dallas game was one of them.

Kori Ellis
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM

The man had good points.

Maybe you don't know what you are talking about or why I addressed that specific poster's idiocy. The poster who has been nothing but disruptive on our board, has been banned repeatedly and begged his way back. The guy who brings absolutely no other contributions except for to bash Parker (and a few shots at Bowen) and that's it.

So next time when you aren't in a frickin conversation, maybe you should stay the hell out of it.

T Park
11-18-2007, 12:37 AM

I'd say its pretty easy to label you and him as complete and utter idiots.

Goodbye.