PDA

View Full Version : The DEMO Debate..and Polls...Polls....Polls

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Who won the face time war?

http://chrisdodd.com/files/talkclock/lv-chart.jpg

What are the latest Iowa polls really saying?

New Iowa Poll shows 3-way statistical tie: Clinton 27%, Obama 25%, Edwards 21%

All three major candidates are close together when asked "If the 2008 Democratic caucus for president were held today, which of the following candidates would you vote for?" -- a finding also echoed by most other recent polls. The poll was conducted Nov. 12-14 using a sample of 600 likely voters who regularly vote in state elections. It has a margin for error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

In addition, "10 percent supported Bill Richardson, 4 percent supported Joe Biden, 1 percent supported Chris Dodd, 1 percent supported Dennis Kucinich and less than one percent supported Mike Gravel. Eleven percent of Democratic voters polled were undecided."

"Here in Iowa we see these folks on the ground person-to-person individually. We don't see them just through their campaign commercials. So that may help explain why the race is a lot tighter here in Iowa," said KCCI political analyst Dennis Goldford.

"Goldford said he thinks Iowans analyzing the Democratic field are still trying to pick a standout."

Link (http://www.kcci.com/news/14606593/detail.html)

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 03:23 AM
The latest headlines make no bones about what impression the M$M is trying to sell...

Clinton shows she can take a punch in Vegas debate
San Francisco Chronicle, USA - 1 hour ago

Clinton takes aggressive tack in debate against leading rivals
International Herald Tribune, France - 1 hour ago

UPDATE 2-Clinton fires back sharply at Democratic rivals
Reuters - 2 hours ago

Clinton swings back at rivals in Democratic debate
Boston Globe, United States - 1 hour ago

Hillary Hits Back
Washington Post, United States - 2 hours ago

Clinton Calls – And Raises -- In Vegas Debate
CBS News, NY - 2 hours ago

Clinton strikes back in latest debate
Newsday, NY - 1 hour ago

Hillary goes on attack
Washington Times, DC - 54 minutes ago

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 03:56 AM
Meanwhile....

I've been watching the Democratic presidential debate tonight, and by far the most insulting comment that was made came from Hillary Clinton when she laughed and said that she could barely remember the debate over the North American Free Trade Agreement - that it was just a blur of Ross Perot charts.

Link (http://action.credomobile.com/sirota/2007/11/the_most_insulting_moment_of_t.html)

She can barely remember how she helped to destroy the American manufacturing base?

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Sirota: Election '08 Meets the Great Education Myth - helps to explain why Hitlary is having such a bad memory all of the sudden.....

As I said to start, the Great Education Myth is a corporate creation. It exists to distract the public from demands to change our trade and economic policies so as to raise up all workers. If Big Business can get us all to be mad at the education system alone, then theoretically we won't demand serious populist reforms of an underlying economic system that is currently benefiting the Big Money players in Washington, while crushing the rest of us.

Now, the whole Great Education Myth is hitting the presidential campaign trail. Both Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama have announced their support for the NAFTA-expanding Peru trade deal all while - rather shockingly - engaging in a true Theater of the Absurd by continuing to tell union audiences that they oppose the NAFTA trade model. John Edwards, by contrast, has come out strongly against the Peru deal, and yesterday issued a statement tying the upcoming Senate vote on that trade deal to the Great Education Myth and the Economic Policy Institute's report. Here are some excerpts:

"Today, the Economic Policy Institute issued a report that should come as a clarion call to everyone concerned about the impact of unfair trade agreements and practices on America's working families. In their report, the EPI concludes that between 25 to 30 million American jobs -- about one in five American jobs -- in states all across the nation, are at risk for being offshored over the next decade. And it's not just manufacturing jobs - the report shows those jobs that require at least a four-year college degree are actually the most at risk. This report makes clear what the labor community has known for far too long: bad trade deals, cheap foreign labor, illegal foreign subsidies and foreign currency manipulation are having a devastating effect on American workers...Given this reality, I find it alarming that Senator Clinton and Senator Obama have chosen to support a flawed Peru Trade deal that will only further expand the NAFTA-model that has already cost us well over a million jobs."

Common Sense (http://commonsense.ourfuture.org/election_08_meets_great_education_myth)

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 04:45 AM
What's At Stake In Election 2008? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaWoQyH6ix8)

Mr. Peabody
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM
It's easy to see how the MSM holds Clinton out as the winner in last night's debate. When you get questions like "Do you prefer diamonds or pearls?" and "Why do you call politics a boys club?" it's not hard to make a good showing.

xrayzebra
11-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Meanwhile....

Link (http://action.credomobile.com/sirota/2007/11/the_most_insulting_moment_of_t.html)

She can barely remember how she helped to destroy the American manufacturing base?

She has a really hard time "recalling" anything. That was/is her favorite little thing. Like her Law firm billing
records, which showed up in the WH reading room.
But she didn't know crap about either.
:dizzy

And she wants to be President. Hell she might forget
where her office is at.

Yonivore
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
http://boortz.com/images/hillary_picking_nose.jpg

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 03:12 PM
CNN Caught Planting Questions and Reporting on Debate Events Before They Happen

This screen capture was taken less 5 minutes after the candidates had stopped answering the "abortion" question.

For those who didn't see the debate, an audience member asked a question of the candidates amounting to "What will you look for in a Supreme Court appointee?" Before the first candidate was able to answer, a CNN moderator interrupted to ask the candidate to include his stance on abortion in his answer.

Video of the question is here on CNN's site for now. (http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/11/15/candidates.nominees.cnn) (You can hear Biden laughing in background at the absurdity of asking for an audience question and then changing it when it wasn't what CNN wanted)

This obvious manipulation of the audience member's question was made more understandable when I looked at the CNN front page and saw their lead story, updated before the question had been asked.

This could, of course, be the result of CNN having agreed with the audience member beforehand on what her question would be, and the questioner accidentally or purposefully modifying her question into what turned out to be a more interesting query. As all of the candidates' stances on Roe v. Wade are well known, CNN might not be going out on a limb by stating they all agreed ahead of time, but if that's the case, it still doesn't seem to meet journalistic standards. Regardless, it's a very revealing peek into the workings behind CNN's debates and reporting, and puts into doubt the value of audience-sourced questions.

flicker (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20912413@N05/2036715666/)

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Maria Luisa, the UNLV student who asked Hillary Clinton whether she preferred "diamonds or pearls" at last night's debate wrote on her MySpace page this morning that CNN forced her to ask the frilly question instead of a pre-approved query about the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository.

"Every single question asked during the debate by the audience had to be approved by CNN," Luisa writes. "I was asked to submit questions including "lighthearted/fun" questions. I submitted more than five questions on issues important to me. I did a policy memo on Yucca Mountain a year ago and was the finalist for the Truman Scholarship. For sure, I thought I would get to ask the Yucca question that was APPROVED by CNN days in advance."

CNN (http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/diamond_v_pearl_student_blasts_1.php)

Spurminator
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Diamonds or pearls?

Diamonds or fucking pearls???

Yonivore
11-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Diamonds or pearls?

Diamonds or fucking pearls???
Personally? Pearls.

Diamonds are politically incorrect at the moment...I saw the movie.

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Las Vegas Disgrace
by LV Pol Girl
Fri Nov 16, 2007 at 09:06:55 AM PST

I am so disappointed with the Democratic Party of Nevada. These folks are not Democrats, they're Hillary supporters. The audience was an embarrassment and I am ashamed to be from this city. No wonder we elect mob lawyers for Mayor.

The audience was basically divided into two sections. One side was UNLV, the well behaved section and the other section was the Hillary (oops, I meant the DNC) section. The DNC section is where I was seated and it was filled with Hillary supporters. The guy next to me said he was for Edwards and lied, because the only person he cheered for was Hillary. Loud, obnoxious, women were sitting behind me that talked throughout the debate and sneered "trial lawyer" every time Edwards spoke and called Obama "arrogant". I wanted to turn around and tell them that I guess they didn't have the nerve to call him "uppity".

The Democratic Party in this State is controlled by two people, Rory Reid, who was its past Chairman and Dina Titus, who ran for Governor in '06. The same Dina Titus that lost to the most incompetent politician in Nevada politics, in a year that the Democrats swept into office. This State's Party is in disarray and the '06 election is proof enough for everyone paying attention. All the people seated around me were given tickets by the Party and the ones I talked with said that they worked in Dina Titus' campaign for Governor. Rory Reid and Dina Titus are Hillary's biggest backers in this State and will use their control over this Party to win the caucus for her.

The audience that were around me behaved like they were at a boxing match at Caesar's Palace, cheering for Hillary and booing her two closest opponents, John Edwards and Barack Obama. Real Democrats don't boo Democrats. Obama and Edwards looked like they backed off and just sat this one out, since they were not allowed to contrast themselves against Hillary. The audience members weren't informed, sophisticated Democrats, who could make their own decisions. They were followers who want to be in the lead. Our lousy Party leaders in this State, who could not win an election that the Democrats dominated in '06, are leading them.

I came out of the event solid Obama, loving Kucinich and respecting Edwards.

Daily Kos (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/11/16/32040/765)

Yonivore
11-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Maybe her own party is figuring out what a manipulative bitch she is.

Nbadan
11-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Sound more like CNN has a hard-on for Hillary just like FAUX News has one for Giuliani

SA210
11-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Sound more like CNN has a hard-on for Hillary just like FAUX News has one for Giuliani

MannyIsGod
11-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Sound more like CNN has a hard-on for Hillary just like FAUX News has one for GiulianiI promise you these corporations have focus groups telling them this is how they can get the most out of election coverage. By pitting that matchup. How sad that even our government is now being shaped based on ratings.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-17-2007, 12:44 PM
The ever rarer MannyIsGod political post.....and no sarcasm detected...
What is this christmas?

Walter Craparita
11-17-2007, 02:44 PM

yep

Edwards and Obama are not even in her league though. They have either been bought out or just suck at this game.

possessed
11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
It's easy to see how the MSM holds Clinton out as the winner in last night's debate. When you get questions like "Do you prefer diamonds or pearls?" and "Why do you call politics a boys club?" it's not hard to make a good showing.
She probably gets diamonds right after Bill gives "pearls" to the other women.

Wild Cobra
11-18-2007, 05:49 AM
And people wonder why media names like "the Clinton News Network" (CNN) or Clinton Broadcast System (CBS) run rampant. I would also say "All aBout Clinton", but ABC seems to be the least biased of the major networks.

Good one for NBC anyone?

"Never Blame Clinton?"

Nbadan
11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
And people wonder why media names like "the Clinton News Network" (CNN) or Clinton Broadcast System (CBS) run rampant. I would also say "All aBout Clinton", but ABC seems to be the least biased of the major networks.

Good one for NBC anyone?

"Never Blame Clinton?"

That's probably a dramatic over-simplication...more likely there is a larger attempt to make Clinton the Democratic Candidate candidate because they know she is more vulnerable than a either Obama or Edwards to be defeated against the chump the Republican nominate....

Wild Cobra
11-20-2007, 05:01 PM
That's probably a dramatic over-simplication...more likely there is a larger attempt to make Clinton the Democratic Candidate candidate because they know she is more vulnerable than a either Obama or Edwards to be defeated against the chump the Republican nominate....
People in the media have their favorites. Some stories are biased towards Obama. Truth being the media favors democrats anyway, at least the bias isn't as rampant as it will be in the primaries.

Senator Clinton is know for her explosive nature off camera. She has influence and keeps getting softball questions rather than hardballs. I think people believing in equal rights should be offended she isn’t treated as an equal. Give her some tough questions too.

Nbadan
11-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Senator Clinton is know for her explosive nature off camera. She has influence and keeps getting softball questions rather than hardballs. I think people believing in equal rights should be offended she isn’t treated as an equal. Give her some tough questions too

The Republican shills in the M$M also have a vested interest in keeping Clinton on top - their best days were when there was a Clinton as Prez and they drew up fanciful stories about Clinton and the Chinese, or Clinton and Vince Foster, or Clinton and list-the-ho-conservative dug-from-a-hole to accuse Clinton of everything from rape to murder...