PDA

View Full Version : To Mavs & Phoenix or any other team w/o a ship.....

lebomb
11-16-2007, 08:12 AM
STFU until you get one. Stop talking smack 3wks into the NBA season about its over for the Spurs and we own yall and all that. Its BS......I really, really doubt Popovich gives two damns about last nights game. The playoffs is what matters.....rings matter. If it makes other teams feel great to win an early regular season game........cool......you just look like a complete dumbass when you get knocked out of the playoffs when THAT is what really counts. :rolleyes

Oh yeah, have a wonderful day! :toast

Martin R
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
amen!

Athenea
11-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Ditto!

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2007, 08:30 AM
mind games is a dangerous game....

lebomb
11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
a win against the defending champs in early November does not guarantee you ring. LOL at Mavs fans.

Shred
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, it would be so much more interesting around here if it was just Lebomb talking to the mirror.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I could have sworn this was a Sequ thread.

Findog
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
a win against the defending champs in early November does not guarantee you ring. LOL at Mavs fans.

Really? I wish somebody would've told me that before I went down to Central Market late last night to buy all that champagne and plan a parade.

stretch
11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm still wondering how a ship will make any difference when playing basketball. Do cruises help them gain more focus before games? Is that Popovich's secret to success? That fucker... I should have known...

Findog
11-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm still wondering how a ship will make any difference when playing basketball. Do cruises help them gain more focus before games? Is that Popovich's secret to success? That fucker... I should have known...

I believe that Diversity is an old wooden ship, used during the Civil War era. Pop is a history buff.

stretch
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I believe that Diversity is an old wooden ship, used during the Civil War era. Pop is a history buff.
To be honest, that smells like pure gasoline.

lebomb
11-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Ok......let me clarify for the Mavs fan.........

Ship = Championship

Which my team....the SPURS have 4 of, and which Mavs fan team has NONE.

There........I hope yall understand what Ship means now.

:lol

TampaDude
11-16-2007, 10:31 AM
STFU until you get one. Stop talking smack 3wks into the NBA season about its over for the Spurs and we own yall and all that. Its BS......I really, really doubt Popovich gives two damns about last nights game. The playoffs is what matters.....rings matter. If it makes other teams feel great to win an early regular season game........cool......you just look like a complete dumbass when you get knocked out of the playoffs when THAT is what really counts. :rolleyes

WERD...

Playoffs >>>>>>>>>> Regular Season
Spurs are 4-0 in the Finals and will be 5-0 come June 2008.
BOOK THAT!!!

mavsluva
11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
The Spurs are great!

stretch
11-16-2007, 10:33 AM

Ship = Championship

Nothing new here. Typical insecure spurs fan that cant debate, thus resorting to their same typical crap...

Findog
11-16-2007, 10:34 AM

Ship = Championship

What is a Championship Ship? Like Dennis Conner and America's Cup?

samikeyp
Nothing new here. Typical insecure spurs fan that cant debate, thus resorting to their same typical crap...

Yes because all Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes

Findog
To be honest, that smells like pure gasoline.

Let's see if we can make this kitty purr.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Ship = Championship

= stupid.

stretch
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes because all Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes
I never said anything about all spurs fans. I was referring to the insecure ones who use the same typical response.

O-Factor
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
at least we still have 2 against the mavs at home. It would of been nice to win, but during this era, as a spurs fan, you learn to take the first part of the season(before all-star break) in stride.

lebomb
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
= stupid.

No stupid is someone who doesnt understand that Im just using a play on words.......like the majority of people do. Its no big deal, so calm your championshipless ass down.

:rolleyes

stretch
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
No stupid is someone who doesnt understand that Im just using a play on words.......like the majority of people do. Its no big deal, so calm your championshipless ass down.

Uh, he's a Spurs fan, dickhead.

Findog
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM

samikeyp is a Purs fan.

See what I did there? I was too lazy to write the whole word out.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 11:20 AM

I have been a Spurs fan since they came to SA...and you know that.

lebomb
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM

I have been a Spurs fan since they came to SA...and you know that.

Oh hi........Mavs fan got me all flustered. Anyhow, STFU.....Im supporting my Spurs. Have a great day.

lebomb
11-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Uh, he's a Spurs fan, dickhead.

.........now for you. STFU and dont talk back to your elders......I will slap you beside the head with a championship trophy!!! :ihit

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh hi........Mavs fan got me all flustered. Anyhow, STFU.....Im supporting my Spurs. Have a great day.

Support all you want.

Shred
11-17-2007, 07:58 AM
To recap the "Lebomb Rule."

You fans can talk:
Philadelphia Warriors
Rochester Royals
Syracuse Nationals
St. Louis Hawks
Milwaukee Bucks
Portland Trailblazers
Seattle Supersonics
Washington Bullets
Golden State Warriors

You fans have to STFU:
Phoenix Suns
Dallas Mavericks
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets

Fair enough?

Harry Callahan
11-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey Everyone,
I just read in the National Enquirer that this guy in Santiago, Chile dropped a duece that looks just like Mark Cuban and Robert Sarver. The duece has been frozen and people from all over the world are traveling to Chile to see this amazing wonder of nature. That's pretty cool. I'm sure it's true since it was in the NE. :spin

rasho8
11-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Really? I wish somebody would've told me that before I went down to Central Market late last night to buy all that champagne and plan a parade.

dont you Mavs fans know not to plan Parades early? I would have thought 2006 taught you that.

rasho8
11-17-2007, 08:29 AM
To recap the "Lebomb Rule."

You fans can talk:
Philadelphia Warriors
Rochester Royals
Syracuse Nationals
St. Louis Hawks
Milwaukee Bucks
Portland Trailblazers
Seattle Supersonics
Washington Bullets
Golden State Warriors

You fans have to STFU:
Phoenix Suns
Dallas Mavericks
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets

Fair enough?

Yeah that sounds good, lets go with that.

JMarkJohns
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
If I pretend really, really hard that the Mercury's Title counts, may I be allowed to express an opinion, if'n I happen to have one? Since you didn't specify team names, and merely put city's, Mavs fans can use the Cowboys Titles...

And since the Clippers are named after a ship, would their fans be allowed to talk?

Seriously, I'm just wondering. You seem to have the authority to answer these burning questions, what with having the authority to tell all ship-less fans to STFU.

My grandfather has a bassboat?

da_suns_fan__
11-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Spurs look old and slow.....father time might be slamming their window shut.

stretch
11-17-2007, 12:07 PM
.........now for you. STFU and dont talk back to your elders......I will slap you beside the head with a championship trophy!!! :ihit
Neat. Now the question is... how do you plan on getting your hands on a championship trophy without the security guards beating your ass with batons?

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Ship = Championship

In San Antonio, isn't it really 'chip? or 'cheep?

td4mvp21
11-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Mavs fans shouldn't bitch about the Spurs fans having the same responses, because we hear the exact same ones from you all the time.

"Quit bringing up the past, we are talking about the present!"
"Is that all you can bring up because you have nothing else?"
"Well, the Mavs have won __ out of the last __ meetings against the Spurs!"
"We beat you in 2006!"
"Spurs fans are pathetic. They have nothing!"

td4mvp21
11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
P.S. it's pretty annoying to see like two or three of these threads per week.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Telling someone they shouldn't talk because their team has yet to win a championship is about as ridiculous as believing that a team is likely to prevail again just because it has won a championship in the past.

Championship experience doesn't guarantee championships; it provides a measure of context (such as understanding that November wins are relatively insignificant and understanding that losing a playoff game isn't the end of the world) but as we all saw in 2006, it doesn't assure that the experienced team will make all the necessary plays to win.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 12:18 PM

"Insecure"? Who's the one camped out in the forum of a team they don't like?

stretch
11-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Mavs fans shouldn't bitch about the Spurs fans having the same responses, because we hear the exact same ones from you all the time.

"Quit bringing up the past, we are talking about the present!"
"Is that all you can bring up because you have nothing else?"
"Well, the Mavs have won __ out of the last __ meetings against the Spurs!"
"We beat you in 2006!"
"Spurs fans are pathetic. They have nothing!"
Okay, then both fans should just shut the fuck up and talk ball. Both sides are equally guilty for bitching over stupid things. The 4 rings argument is ridiculous, and the recent success is ridiculous too. Its all about the present, and in the present, none of that shit matters.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 12:20 PM
It's ridiculous to enjoy the fact that your favorite team has 4 titles? Um, ok.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2007, 12:23 PM
It's ridiculous to enjoy the fact that your favorite team has 4 titles? Um, ok.

No, that's not what I said. It's ridiculous to say that fans of other teams are somehow supposed to stay mute just because you're enjoying your favorite team's 4 titles.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 12:28 PM
I was responding to Mav fan #52 and wasn't clear about that.

If the Mavs had 4 championships every one of these geniuses would be spamming the forum about that. The Spurs are one of 4 franchises to have won 4 titles or more in NBA history.

What exactly is the penalty for pointing to the trophy room?

Findog
11-17-2007, 12:44 PM
dont you Mavs fans know not to plan Parades early? I would have thought 2006 taught you that.

Don't you Spurs trolls recognize sarcasm when you see it? In any event, we're not the ones on suicide watch because of an early-season loss.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Neither are Spurs fans. And Spurs fans in this Spurs fan forum aren't trolling here. If Spurs fans bother you that much, don't let the door hit ya...

rasho8
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Don't you Spurs trolls recognize sarcasm when you see it? In any event, we're not the ones on suicide watch because of an early-season loss.

Dont you love it when you have to try to point out you were being sarcastic, even though what your quoting was sarcasm? Wait now Im doing it.

I dont mind losing to the Mavs in Dallas. They did what they were supposed to. Win at home. Just like Houston did.

No biggie.

Findog
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Neither are Spurs fans. And Spurs fans in this Spurs fan forum aren't trolling here. If Spurs fans bother you that much, don't let the door hit ya...

Modify your syntax, Motherfucker

Findog
11-17-2007, 12:52 PM
I think I'll switch my allegiances to the Spurs and be a front-running douche so I can still be allowed to post here. It's better to change loyalties on a dime than stick with your team through thick and thin.

If your team hasn't won a title, you're a retard to not immediately roll with a team that has.

Findog
11-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Dont you love it when you have to try to point out you were being sarcastic, even though what your quoting was sarcasm? Wait now Im doing it.

I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, because you seemed a little slow. Didn't know if I could give you the benefit of the doubt on that.

I dont mind losing to the Mavs in Dallas. They did what they were supposed to. Win at home. Just like Houston did.

No biggie.

Well, that would set you apart from the legions of Spurs fans here that have the gun in their mouth.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-17-2007, 12:55 PM

Regular season losses don't bother championship teams. I think it would bother me a lot more if my team got bounced by the #8 seed. But that's just me.

btw sorry if I came off too strong, I don't want to be a Spurs troll. :bang

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I think I'll switch my allegiances to the Spurs and be a front-running douche so I can still be allowed to post here. It's better to change loyalties on a dime than stick with your team through thick and thin.

Yeah, if you're a Mav fan and decide to become a Spurs fan that would make you a douche.

If your team hasn't won a title, you're a retard to not immediately roll with a team that has.

Nah, you're a tard for whining about Spurs fans saying positive things about their favorite team on a Spurs fan forum.

You should get out more. Modify your life, Motherfucker.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, that would set you apart from the legions of Spurs fans here that have the gun in their mouth.

Legions? I think I saw two at most.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2007, 01:07 PM

No. But it is better to understand that fans of a team that is the defending champion and has won 4 titles in 9 years might remain optimistic about their team's chances even after an early season loss. Trying to goad Spurs fans about that optimism is bizarre to me.

Undoubtedly, in a hypothetical world in which the tables were turned, Spurs fans would be hearing from many about the Mavs' successes, particularly after the Spurs had beaten the Mavericks yet again in the regular season. Trust me, it wasn't that long ago that we went through this for years with some Rockets fans -- we know of what we speak.

Findog
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Nah, you're a tard for whining about Spurs fans saying positive things about their favorite team on a Spurs fan forum.

Yeah, I've been calling out FromWayDowntown, Solid D, timvp, samikeyp for honestly appraising their team. That's exactly what I've been doing: Holt's Cat logic.

You should get out more. Modify your life, Motherfucker.

I was wondering when the frustration would boil over and you'd pathetically resort to the "offline speculation" card. Modify your syntax, Motherfucker.

41times
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Heres at thought for all you arrogant righteous spurs fans. Why don't you actually beat the Mavs in the Playoffs when we have Dirk playing and then you can preach to us.

You beat us in 2002 because Dirk was out with a knee injury. And you could not beat us in 2006. So why don't you STFU?

SequSpur
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
This topic is weak. If you want to call out nonspur fans, grab your nuts and sound the fuk off.

I'm sick of these dipshits, almost to the point that I'd rather play tidily winks than jacking around with this overload shit of nonspur spew throwup.

They all can blow me... and if they want to take me down, meet me on the corner of military and zarzamora. Call me at 210-226-3232 when you asswipes are ready.

Findog
11-17-2007, 01:12 PM
No. But it is better to understand that fans of a team that is the defending champion and has won 4 titles in 9 years might remain optimistic about their team's chances even after an early season loss. Trying to goad Spurs fans about that optimism is bizarre to me.

I've said repeatedly that the Spurs should be favored to repeat over the Mavs finally winning. I just find the overreaction funny, and by and large, with few exceptions, Mav fan has been pretty restrained over gloating or crowing over a win so early into the season.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I was wondering when the frustration would boil over and you'd pathetically resort to the "offline speculation" card.

One doesn't need to speculate:

Findog
Believe.

Position: Streaky Guard
Team: Dallas Mavericks
vBookie Cash: $1000

Modify your syntax, Motherfucker.

Then Modify your offline life, Motherfucker.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Heres at thought for all you arrogant righteous spurs fans. Why don't you actually beat the Mavs in the Playoffs when we have Dirk playing and then you can preach to us.

You beat us in 2002 because Dirk was out with a knee injury. And you could not beat us in 2006. So why don't you STFU?

Yeah, you told us. :jack

Findog
11-17-2007, 01:15 PM
One doesn't need to speculate

Oh my fucking God, are you that fucking retarded???????? I have a new sig.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:16 PM
You are the one who is most likely "retarded."

Anyways, I thought you were the one who didn't have to "pathetically" resort to speculation about others offline. But, alas, I was wrong.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Damn, Mav fan has some issues.

Findog
11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
You are the one who is most likely "retarded."

Anyways, I thought you were the one who didn't have to "pathetically" resort to speculation about others offline. But, alas, I was wrong.

You're up to 1,435 posts now. With each passing one, you become more of a shut-in. Just a helpful hint.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:20 PM
You're up to 1,435 posts now. With each passing one, you become more of a shut-in. Just a helpful hint.

When I have 3500 posts in the fan forum of a team I don't like, maybe I'll worry.

Findog
Damn, Mav fan has some issues.

Modify Your Syntax, Motherfucker.

Findog
When I have 3500 posts in the fan forum of a team I don't like, maybe I'll worry.

That goes into the sig as well. comedy gold!

lefty
11-17-2007, 01:21 PM

In 2006, it wasn't because of Dirk, it was because if Manu, and you know that.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:22 PM
On top of it, Mav fan has no humor and is easy to piss off.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Post, Motherfucker.

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Their fixation on those titles is understandable. One has to ignore the Larry O'Briens to be able to hold the Mavs in the same regard as the Spurs.

Undoubtedly, in a hypothetical world in which the tables were turned, Spurs fans would be hearing from many about the Mavs' successes, particularly after the Spurs had beaten the Mavericks yet again in the regular season. Trust me, it wasn't that long ago that we went through this for years with some Rockets fans -- we know of what we speak.

Exactly. Until your favorite team reaches the top, talk all you want. Doesn't mean jack.

Findog
11-17-2007, 01:31 PM
On top of it, Mav fan has no humor and is easy to piss off.

Irony alert!

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Jump, Motherfucker.

DubMcDub
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM

No.

Findog
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Jump, Motherfucker.

That was directed at some of your fellow fans, right? Or were you talking to yourself?

Because they don't take early-season losses to rivals well, apparently. :lol

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Their fixation on those titles is understandable. One has to ignore the Larry O'Briens to be able to hold the Mavs in the same regard as the Spurs.

Exactly. Until your favorite team reaches the top, talk all you want. Doesn't mean jack.

I keep wanting to post, "Act like you've been there!" but I can't. They have no point of reference, that's why they act like a bunch of sheep lost in the wilderness.

also Mav fans realize this, your team is good, but you haven't accomplished crap. Actually in the post season landscape you're pretty impotent. Regular season warriors and champions but no hardware.

Kinda reminds me of the guy in college who took out the hottest babes, week in, week out....but only to cover up the fact that he was gay.:dramaquee

TampaDude
11-17-2007, 01:43 PM

LOL at your sig... :lol

DubMcDub
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM

..... :lol :lol :lol :lol :rolleyes

Findog
11-17-2007, 02:13 PM
also Mav fans realize this, your team is good, but you haven't accomplished crap.

Wait a second!!! You mean we haven't won a title?????? Why didn't anybody tell me?????? Good thing I have you to set me straight.

dirk4mvp
11-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Holt's Cat's homo status has been confirmed many times before. But this thread sends him into Pete Burns status.

lefty
11-17-2007, 02:40 PM
LOL at your sig... :lol

Thanks

lefty
11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
..... :lol :lol :lol :lol :rolleyes

The truth hurts, eh ?

dirk4mvp
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM

:lmao :lol :fro :elephant :dramaquee :clap :hungry: :cry

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Holt's Cat's homo status has been confirmed many times before. But this thread sends him into Pete Burns status.

So it's confirmed, the average age of Mav fan here is 12.

Shank
11-17-2007, 04:36 PM

Holt's Cat is a guy?

Holt's Cat
11-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Shank. Cartoon fan and internet tough guy.

Jason_Terry
11-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Does that mean Rocket fans can talk shit because they have something you don't? Back to back titles. How about Lakers and Celtic fans. Maybe they should mention "our ships" every time they get in an argument with some Spur fan here.

It's gonna be fun come playoff time when we beat your asses again like we did last time.

Spawn
11-17-2007, 05:00 PM

You need to be a little concerned about a team that you have not beaten in over a calender year, and if you don't think Pop isn't concerned, well...

Dex
11-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Does that mean Rocket fans can talk shit because they have something you don't? Back to back titles. How about Lakers and Celtic fans. Maybe they should mention "our ships" every time they get in an argument with some Spur fan here.

It's gonna be fun come playoff time when we beat your asses again like we did last time.

Notice that nobody ever argues that the Spurs, historically, are better than the Lakers and Celtics, or even Bulls.

We can do simple math.

Bruno
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Holt's Cat is a guy?

Holt's cat is one of the pillar of Spurstalk.

Spawn
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Notice that nobody ever argues that the Spurs, historically, are better than the Lakers and Celtics, or even Bulls.

We can do simple math.

I really hate when people try to argue that their dynasty team was better. Different era, different rules. End of discussion.

Dex
11-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I really hate when people try to argue that their dynasty team was better. Different era, different rules. End of discussion.

I agree to that point completely. It's tough to say what the outcome would be if you pitted the old-school Celtics vs. the 90s Bulls, or the Magic-Lakers with this Spurs team.

But if you're trying to quantify what organization has accomplished the most in the NBA, the only thing you can point to is titles.

16 > 14 > 6 > 4

We know we've got a long way to go to even be considered in the realm of the Celtics or Lakers.

But we also know that 4 > 0.

JMarkJohns
11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
So... has it been decided whether ship-less fans can post? Considering I live in Arizona, the chances of me seeing a ship, let alone getting one, are pretty remote. Like I said in my first post. A bass boat is the closest I can come on that requesite.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Wait a second!!! You mean we haven't won a title?????? Why didn't anybody tell me?????? Good thing I have you to set me straight.

Not only have the mavs failed to win a title but they failed in an embarrassing way. Don't blame you for blocking that out.

freemeat
11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

"And sarcasm is like a second language to me."

Funny Mavs fans are kinda cool.

Spawn
11-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Not only have the mavs failed to win a title but they failed in an embarrassing way. Don't blame you for blocking that out.

Then it must really suck that a team that is notorious for choking in the playoffs had its only major success come against the Spurs. I don't blame you for blocking that out though.

Findog
11-17-2007, 07:43 PM
"And sarcasm is like a second language to me."

Funny Mavs fans are kinda cool.

Props on the Larry Kenon avatar. :toast

Findog
11-17-2007, 07:44 PM

Wait! You mean we didn't beat the Warriors or the Heat? Why didn't anybody tell me???????

anakha
11-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Wait! You mean we didn't beat the Warriors or the Heat? Why didn't anybody tell me???????

Cue appearance by that new Shaqdynasty fellow...

703 Spurz
11-18-2007, 11:31 AM
What is a Championship Ship? Like Dennis Conner and America's Cup?

It's something your bitch ass team won't ever have :p:

Findog
11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
It's something your bitch ass team won't ever have :p:

Man, you can tell the future? The distant future? I need you managing my stock portfolio. :lol

JMarkJohns
11-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Man, you can tell the future? The distant future? I need you managing my stock portfolio. :lol

I think his prediction may be in the wording. I know if such was said to me, I'd chalk up Bitch to mean D'Antoni and Ass to mean Sarver, meaning that as long as the Suns are D'Antoni-led and Sarver-owned, that they wouldn't win a Title. In the Suns case, that's a pretty solid bet, unfortunately for us Suns fans.

I don't know who the Bitch and Ass are in Dallas' case, though...

Walter Craparita
11-18-2007, 11:52 AM
You need to be a little concerned about a team that you have not beaten in over a calender year, and if you don't think Pop isn't concerned, well...

I am.