PDA

View Full Version : A "refreshing" loss

raspsa
11-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I like it better when the Spurs aren't leading the pack in wins specially early in the regular season. Its been proven time and again that the Spurs have to go through the adversity of games like this to expose their vulnerabilities. Pop will seize this opportunity to hammer home some lessons. The Spurs will take heed until they inevitably backslide. And Pop will be waiting with an observant eye, ready to pound on the weak spots. The cycle will repeat itself and slowly but surely the team will forged into a team worthy of doing battle in the playoffs. In recen years, no other team has proven itself more capable of learning from its losses than the Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2007, 08:27 AM
losing games we meant to win = LAME

lebomb
11-16-2007, 08:28 AM
No kidding.......do the Spurs really give a shit right now??? NO

MrChug
11-16-2007, 10:38 AM
It really REALLY helps us in the long run, it's meaningless now but allows us to dissect our shortcomings...and we have plenty of time to do it.

stretch
11-16-2007, 10:41 AM
No kidding.......do the Spurs really give a shit right now??? NO
Probably not, but you obviously do, you insecure noob.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering when Laker fans would return to their old ways :lol

FromWayDowntown
11-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't think the Spurs played with great intensity last night and it was quite clear that the Mavericks did. Whether that's an inherent flaw with the Spurs remains to be seen -- I thought they lacked intensity for parts of the game in Houston as well.

With that said, I was pleased to see that the Spurs continued to fight through it last night and actually kind of got themselves back into the game in the 4th Quarter. Until the Mavs started hitting every shot again, the Spurs got it to 10 and had a chance to get it back into single-digits.

It's not about moral victories, certainly, but it is about the process and part of that process is fighting through adversity and staying competitive even when the chips are down. The Spurs did both of those things last night, but ultimately dug themselves a hole that was too deep to escape. Lesson learned, hopefully.

I still think there was more good than bad last night.