PDA

View Full Version : Big, bad Oden

tlongII
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Posted by Jason Quick November 15, 2007 21:22PM

I have been awed recently by the sight of Greg Oden, who has been practically living in the Blazers weight room now that he is off his crutches.

The first thing that pops out is his upper-body. His shoulders are bursting, and his biceps are now cut and defined.

And get this: A high-ranking Blazers source told me that Oden today still has the same body-fat percentage (7.8 percent) as he did when the Blazers drafted him, yet he has gained nearly 30 pounds, bringing him near 280 pounds.

Translation: That's 30 pounds of muscle that has been attached to his upper-body (he hasn't been able to do any lower body weight training because of his knee surgery).

And I tell you, it's noticeable when you see him in short sleeves. He's not quite Karl Malone ripped, but his body has definitely taken to the weight program of Bobby Medina. And remember, Oden wasn't able to lift during college because he was recovering from a wrist injury. So imagine what this kid is going to look like after 10 months more of working out in the weight room.

Yikes.

--Quick

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2007/11/big_bad_oden.html

:smokin

Bruno
11-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm sure his surgery repaired knee will be happy to have to carry these extra 30 pounds.

monosylab1k
11-16-2007, 10:56 AM
isn't it bad to work out only your upper body that much?

Walter Craparita
11-16-2007, 12:01 PM
30 lbs of muslce in what........a couple months?

hhahahahhahahahhahhhhahahh

Even with top notch nutrition, some supplements, and the manifest destiny on your side. That is bullshit. Especially when none of that gained muscle is in the legs.

coachmac87
11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
oden will be a defensive beast. next bill russell no doubt about it...but he has to get on the floor, and stay on the floor

Reggie Miller
11-16-2007, 02:50 PM
isn't it bad to work out only your upper body that much?

Yes. I don't buy the 30 lbs. part, but if true, that can be hard on joints, ligaments, etc.

Extra Stout
11-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Jason Quick writes like he'd like to be the bun.

Barbarian
11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
30 lbs of muslce in what........a couple months?

hhahahahhahahahhahhhhahahh

Even with top notch nutrition, some supplements, and the manifest destiny on your side. That is bullshit. Especially when none of that gained muscle is in the legs.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Usually the majority of lean mass weight gain comes from the lower body where the larger muscles are. Unless he's hitting roids this is definitely bullshit.

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
30lbs in a few months is kind of hard to believe. If its true, which I doubt, that is crazy.