PDA

View Full Version : a complete and balance rotation ?

JUUOT
12-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Since the beginning of the year, some of you ask who deserve more than other.
Udrih against Parker. Rose should be the third big man over horry. Barry against brown. Barry needs minutes but brown brings energy...
this is a bench of crap.

The game against minnesota was in my opinion the real first valuable test for the spurs this year. Sonics game were too early to show any trends in this team. On the contrary yesterday victory over the wolves showed a lot more about this new 2004/2005 spurs team:

- The defense is still our way of winning games and it showed in the second half
- Tim and Kevin are dominating the nba
- I f rasho pull his finger out of his ass he can be a damn good player
- Tony and manu are one of a hell combo to support tim

But all this is not my point it just confirmn what we were waiting as fan. What i wanted to show is the rotation of players yesterday:

Barry and Devin shared the minutes 13 minutes each with a small advantage to barry who played in crunch time.
Rose and horry did the same for the Big backup minutes with 16 for horry and 14 for rose.
finally Udrih completed the rotation.
Horry and Rose delivered both a great game yesterday and barry get out of his crappy game. Udrih was like usual a perfect back up for Tony.

So do we really need to go to an 8 man rotation? dont you think yesterday balanced rotation for such an important game show a trend in this team:

We have a more than excellent bench and apparently Popovich seems ready to use all its strenghts and stop putting some of the player in the dog house.

I think Spurs will go with a ten player rotation and i think this will bring the title. We do not need to compare our players. They all bring something to the table and you know what: all this pieces together is just an amazing team !

ALVAREZ6
12-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I think Spurs will go with a ten player rotation and i think this will bring the title. We do not need to compare our players. They all bring something to the table and you know what: all this pieces together is just an amazing team !
Exactly.
Why do we so often have threads comparing our players, dissing our own players.
All that matters is that the Spurs win.
the Minnesota game was a fine example of how they should play night in, night out. The whole team contributed in a way to lift the Spurs over the T wolves. And the defense was great.

spursfaninla
12-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Sounds good, but I don't think it is a recipe for a championship in the end to have a 10 man rotation.

1) History is against it. No team has EVER won a championship with such a recipe. If I am wrong, show me.

2) Players need to know their roles. If we have a 10 man rotation, players don't know what is expected of them, and they have a tendency to be too hesitant or to push too much trying to maintain their playing time. Players do best when comfortable, and when they know what is expected of them.

3) Getting rhythm. Players who don't get at least 20 mpg tend to perform less than their peak because they usually can't get into the flow of the game. Only a few guys can come out of deep freeze and be productive (like Kerr).

We have time to decide who will get the lions share of the backup minutes. My money is on Beno, Rose and Devin as our primary back-ups, with Barry getting minutes if Barry or Beno do not do as well.

E20
12-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Tim Duncan played like garbage.

GoSpurs21
12-24-2004, 09:40 PM
10 man rotations are good only to get the players used to each other. this should only be done based on matchups and only for the first 2/3 of the season to keep everyone fresh for the playoffs. the last 1/3 of the season should be based on an 8 man rotation, again based on matchups. the playoffs are definitely an 8 man rotation.

LakerGod
12-24-2004, 10:50 PM
The Wolves are not a team to test your capabilities, I think the Suns are. We'll see how well the spursies fare agaisnt them on Tuesday night.

The damn Wolves are not playing good right now, just look at their pathetic reacord.

2pac
12-24-2004, 11:08 PM
The Wolves are not a team to test your capabilities, I think the Suns are. We'll see how well the spursies fare agaisnt them on Tuesday night.

The damn Wolves are not playing good right now, just look at their pathetic reacord.

Whoa! Yesterday you said the Spurs would lose by double digits because the Wolves are so much better than us.

Man In Black
12-24-2004, 11:09 PM

And you know this how...because you are a basketball intellect?

You don't know shit and I don't mind telling you so. You're track record proves you are the epitome of a la"K"er fraud.

Hey did you notice that the Wolves are playing better than your Lakers?
:king

LakerGod
12-24-2004, 11:21 PM
And you know this how...because you are a basketball intellect?

You don't know shit and I don't mind telling you so. You're track record proves you are the epitome of a la"K"er fraud.

Hey did you notice that the Wolves are playing better than your Lakers?
:king
The Wolves played terrible last night, Spree was coming off an ankle injury, Garnett also had a bad game, from what I heard on a Wolves forum, KG is hurting. Like I said quit getting all excited, We'll see if the spursies are for real when they face the sizzling Suns, the other top team the spursies have played was the Sonics and you know very well how those games went, you're not going to tell me the Bulls are better than the Wolves, right? Ovbiously they're slumping right now, not a true test I might say.

samikeyp
12-24-2004, 11:33 PM
and the Spurs were on the second game of a back to back where they lost the first one on the road....which was the reason why you said they would lost. Nice try, Wolves009.

ALVAREZ6
12-24-2004, 11:51 PM

O man, the pathetic record of the Wolves is better than the Lakers' record.
So what does that make the lakers?

Almost pathetic, but not good enough?

LakerGod
12-24-2004, 11:54 PM
and the Spurs were on the second game of a back to back where they lost the first one on the road....which was the reason why you said they would lost. Nice try, Wolves009.
Like I said, not a true test.

Just wait 'til the Suns come to town.

Then you may talk.

I'm Not Wolves009

Mr Dio
12-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Like I said, not a true test. Just wait 'til the Suns come to town. Then you may talk.
I'm Not Wolves009

Actually, we may talk right now & what do you do more often? Change underwear or teams?