PDA

View Full Version : I thought we were going to see more

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
of Ime Udoka on the floor last night as a smallball type lineup. I was thinking Pop might put him on Howard and Bowen on Dirk, but that's just me. I know it takes a while (long while) to get the Spurs defensive rotations down, but since this is early in the season, I thought Pop would have considered it.

ducks
11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
of Ime Udoka on the floor last night as a smallball type lineup. I was thinking Pop might put him on Howard and Bowen on Dirk, but that's just me. I know it takes a while (long while) to get the Spurs defensive rotations down, but since this is early in the season, I thought Pop would have considered it.
I thought we should conside what we have in mind for the playoffs

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought we should conside what we have in mind for the playoffs

Good point, but still. The regular season could be a good time to practice for the playoffs don't you think?

703 Spurz
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Good point, but still. The regular season could be a good time to practice for the playoffs don't you think?

True but not in the 9th game of the season :toast

hitmanyr2k
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM

Last night even the Spurs veterans didn't have the defensive rotations down. It's not like Udoka or Washington could do any worse.

BeerIsGood!
11-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Pop doesn't want to kill Ime's confidence by throwing him in those situations too early. He's bringing him along slowly

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I kind of agree with hit2many by saying that it wouldn't have hurt to see more of Ime just to see what he could do. Pop doesn't put too much importance on the 9th game of the season, but putting Bowen and Udoka on the floor at the same time would have been good to see. At least from a fan's standpoint.

smrattler
11-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I think we need to start coming to grips that Ime might not see much action this year. For wahtever reason. And even if he gets in during the regular season, Pop's given first year guys mins before and yanked them from the rotation in the playoffs. So, I'm not counting on seeing much of him this year anymore. That's too bad, I think he can help. It will be a nice surprise if he gets out there, but I'm not counting on it anymore, just wait and see.

Que Gee
11-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Pop doesn't want to kill Ime's confidence by throwing him in those situations too early. He's bringing him along slowly

The guy started 75 games last year. With Finley sucking, Ime still not getting any PT, he's got to be wondering "WTF?" and I'm sure isn't to happy.
:wtf