PDA

View Full Version : For bird lovers

mrsmaalox
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay I know how geeky this sounds to some people, but I am a dedicated birdwatcher and have kept a life list for almost 20 years. Anyway, today around 11am I was driving homefrom New Braunfels via the back country roads. I had my sunroof open and I looked up once to catch a BALD EAGLE soaring right above me! He looped around and out of sight as I quickly ran thru the catalog in my mind trying to figure out what hawk it probably really was. I looked up and he was there again! This time, no doubt about what it was. I have seen them in other states before, and I know they are said to winter here, but I want to know how common it actually is. I have called my "mentor" but he has not returned my call yet, and I'm just dying to know!!! Can anyone help?

Xolotl
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
That's pretty cool wish I could help let us know what you find out though I've always been interested in bird right now I'm fascinated with Falcons I've always wanted to see a Peregrine dive in person to see what it looks like lol

ORION
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Okay I know how geeky this sounds to some people, but I am a dedicated birdwatcher and have kept a life list for almost 20 years. Anyway, today around 11am I was driving homefrom New Braunfels via the back country roads. I had my sunroof open and I looked up once to catch a BALD EAGLE soaring right above me! He looped around and out of sight as I quickly ran thru the catalog in my mind trying to figure out what hawk it probably really was. I looked up and he was there again! This time, no doubt about what it was. I have seen them in other states before, and I know they are said to winter here, but I want to know how common it actually is. I have called my "mentor" but he has not returned my call yet, and I'm just dying to know!!! Can anyone help?
I've never heard of them being in New Braunfels but they do hang out at the Colorado Bend State Park. It was probably a buzzard that was foaming at the mouth

ORION
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I saw this rare bird catch a rabbit with its talons

http://www.petcaretips.net/big_bird01.jpg

2Blonde
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I saw one once in the panhandle of NW Oklahoma while on a field trip for an Ornithology class. That was amazing!!!

I hope that you did see one because that would be pretty cool.

bendmz
11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
that was the one that hangs out at the zoo... out for it's daily flight.....

mrsmaalox
11-17-2007, 11:33 PM
that was the one that hangs out at the zoo... out for it's daily flight.....
Are you serious, or messing with me? I really NEED to know about that bird!!!