PDA

View Full Version : Burton & Disney teaming up for 3D movies . . .

peewee's lovechild
11-17-2007, 12:57 PM
This sounds kick ass.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/071116e.php

Burton & Disney Plan Two 3D Pics

By Garth Franklin
Friday November 16th 2007 1:28am

Tim Burton and Disney, who previously worked together on "The Nightmare Before Christmas", are teaming up again for two 3-D pics, "Alice in Wonderland" and "Frankenweenie" reports Variety.

"Alice in Wonderland", based on the Lewis Carroll classic, will combine performance-capture imagery (ala "Beowulf") with live-action footage. Linda Woolverton ("The Lion King," "Beauty and the Beast") adapted the script.

Once wrapping up promotion for "Sweeney Todd," Burton will tackle "Alice in Wonderland" early next year with production set to wrap by May.

He'll move on from that into the stop-motion animation feature "Frankenweenie," based on his 1984 short film about a pet dog brought back to life by his loyal owner. Both films will be released in digital 3-D.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Tim Burton needs to get back on opium and get some new ideas.....I mean....he has some amazing work under his belt, but get a new gimmick, man you've done the whole "stunningly dark" thing over and over and over and over and over again.

Ugh.

CuckingFunt
11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Tim Burton needs to get back on opium and get some new ideas.....I mean....he has some amazing work under his belt, but get a new gimmick, man you've done the whole "stunningly dark" thing over and over and over and over and over again.

Ugh.
Part of me agrees.

The other part knows that I'll be first in line for both Sweeny Todd and the Nightmare Before Christmas sequel.

Alex Haley
11-17-2007, 09:45 PM
They need to get back to their original roots!

peewee's lovechild
11-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Part of me agrees.

The other part knows that I'll be first in line for both Sweeny Todd and the Nightmare Before Christmas sequel.

As will I.

But, imagine what he would do with Alice in Wonderland??

Shit, I'd love to see what kind of world he would create with that material.

Melmart1
11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Have any of you seen the show Pushing Daisies on ABC? I fricken love that show, and it makes me think of Burton. It is quirky with characters who have odd issues that you wouldn't believe, but somehow its still believable.

Pushing Daisies is the show Tim Burton would make if someone introduced him to the concept of color.

peewee's lovechild
11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Have any of you seen the show Pushing Daisies on ABC? I fricken love that show, and it makes me think of Burton. It is quirky with characters who have odd issues that you wouldn't believe, but somehow its still believable.

Pushing Daisies is the show Tim Burton would make if someone introduced him to the concept of color.

I meant to put that show on my DVR list of shows to record, but I forgot about it and now I feel that I'd be lost if I try to watch it.

Melmart1
11-18-2007, 12:01 AM
I meant to put that show on my DVR list of shows to record, but I forgot about it and now I feel that I'd be lost if I try to watch it.
Go to abc.com and you can watch every episode from day 1. It's only maybe like 6 or 7 episodes. You won't regret it. I highly recommend this show. The use of color and patterns on the sets is amazing and the characters are quirky but in a good way, not that annoying, trying-too-hard way.

peewee's lovechild
11-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Go to abc.com and you can watch every episode from day 1. It's only maybe like 6 or 7 episodes. You won't regret it. I highly recommend this show. The use of color and patterns on the sets is amazing and the characters are quirky but in a good way, not that annoying, trying-too-hard way.

I'll do that.

You know what else just came to mind.

I tried watching an episode this week. And, like I said, I felt like I was a little lost. However, I found the background music and the directing style to be a little too "Ugly Betty" for me.

Maybe it's just me, not to mention that I only saw about ten minutes of the show, but if it's anything like that . . . I might be disappointed.

Melmart1
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
I'll do that.

You know what else just came to mind.

I tried watching an episode this week. And, like I said, I felt like I was a little lost. However, I found the background music and the directing style to be a little too "Ugly Betty" for me.

Maybe it's just me, not to mention that I only saw about ten minutes of the show, but if it's anything like that . . . I might be disappointed.
I love Ugly Betty and I see absolutely no similarity at all. I have no idea how you would get that notion. Just watch episode 1 and if you don't like it, fine. But I see zero connection with UB other than the network.

peewee's lovechild
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I love Ugly Betty and I see absolutely no similarity at all. I have no idea how you would get that notion. Just watch episode 1 and if you don't like it, fine. But I see zero connection with UB other than the network.

Like I said, it was the background music and I think they have the same color palette.

But, I'll take your word and I'll check out the episodes online.

JMarkJohns
11-18-2007, 11:39 AM
But, imagine what he would do with Alice in Wonderland??

Shit, I'd love to see what kind of world he would create with that material.

Exactly. As long as he keeps a similar mood to the book/cartoon, I think he could make it great.