PDA

View Full Version : Lets just say.........

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-17-2007, 11:48 PM
For the sake of convo, the Sonics do move to OKC. Would the league shake up the divisions? Im lookin at the divisions right now, and i could see Sac-town movin' to the NW division. But whom in our division would go to PD? Just a thought cause our division is stacked and everyone in the SW , is def SW.

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Hell, maybe just put Sac-town in NW , and insert OKC in Pacific?

remingtonbo2001
11-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah!

What happens?

I don't think OKC would be in the Pacific. They would stay in the NW.
I wish they would move the Clippers instead. LA doesn't deserve to NBA teams.

exstatic
11-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't think they move anyone. The Pacific Division has 5 teams in the Pac time zone. The SW division has 5 teams in the Central time zone. The NW division is already a time zone mess, with 2 Pacific, 2 Mountain, and 1 Central. What difference does it make if it becomes 1 Pacific, 2 Mountain and 2 Central?

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-18-2007, 01:05 AM
I don't think they move anyone. The Pacific Division has 5 teams in the Pac time zone. The SW division has 5 teams in the Central time zone. The NW division is already a time zone mess, with 2 Pacific, 2 Mountain, and 1 Central. What difference does it make if it becomes 1 Pacific, 2 Mountain and 2 Central?

So you're sayin they just leave OKC listed in the NW division? I could see that as an option ,but didnt they shake it up when the Hornets cam from Cha. and the Grizz came in?

exstatic
11-18-2007, 01:23 AM
The Hornets crossed conferences (East to West) to even things out at 15 teams per conference at the same time they added the Bobcats, which is when the current divisions were set.

I don't ever remember the Grizz being in the old Pacific Division. I think when they expanded, they just put them in the old Midwest Division that the Spurs were in, which, minus Utah and Denver, became the current Southwest division.

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-18-2007, 01:25 AM
exactly, so just leave the sonics in the nw division right?

exstatic
11-18-2007, 07:49 AM
exactly, so just leave the sonics in the nw division right?
That's what I'd do. Divisions are artificial constructs, anyway. They only affect that first round matchup in the playoffs. They don't even necessarily give you homecourt, as shown by that weak Denver division winner that had to go on the road in the first rd. against the Clippers a few years ago. It might have even been 2006.