PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully, they do it over Christmas, too...

exstatic
11-19-2007, 03:09 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Senators have left town for the Thanksgiving holiday, but the Senate will technically stay in session -- a move that keeps President Bush from making appointments while lawmakers are in recess.
cnn story (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/19/senate.reid/index.html)

xrayzebra
11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Well they are dimm-o-craps after all.

PixelPusher
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
"Sorry honey, I can't stay for the Christmas caroling, I gotta catch a red-eye back to DC...Bush is trying to appoint yet another unqualified mental midget to head up Homeland Security"

Wild Cobra
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Since they are technically in session, wouldn't it be funny if he called for a special session and make them fly back?

clambake
11-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Since they are technically in session, wouldn't it be funny if he called for a special session and make them fly back?
why not, he's blown all the other taxpayer money.

Nbadan
11-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Innsannity tried to portray this as a Demo dirty trick to try and keep Dubya from appointing judges to the bench which are clearly deserving - what a SOB - if Dubya's candidates are really that qualified then let them go through the Senate confirmation process - like they are supposed too...

Nbadan
11-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Reid plays hardball after Dubya wants his cake and eat it too..

Reid said the Bush administration had informed him that several recess appointments would be made during the Thanksgiving break. At the same time, Reid said the White House has been unwilling to confirm nominations Democratic leaders have made to agencies such as the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

"I indicated I would be willing to confirm various appointments if the administration would agree to move on Democratic appointments," he said. "They would not make that commitment. As a result, I am keeping the Senate in pro forma to prevent recess appointments until we get this process on track."

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/19/senate.reid)

exstatic
11-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Yeah, except if they're in session, he can't call them back for a special session...they're already in session. Bonus. Two birds with one stone.

Oh, Gee!!
11-21-2007, 09:49 AM

it would be "extreme funny" (not humor) because we all know the president will find any excuse to avoid work.