PDA

View Full Version : Nick Van Exel: Says This is His Last Year

ducks
12-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Nick Van Exel: Says This is His Last Year
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Friday, December 24, 2004

Update: After putting up a season-high 26 points on Wednesday night against Milwaukee, Van Exel announced that he will retire at the end of the season, The Oregonian reports.

Recommendation: Everybody will miss Van Exel's big shots and excessive shooting. "It's done; it's a wrap," Van Exel said. "This will be my last season. I've been thinking about it for a while over these past couple months. Just getting up every morning, my body always aching -- knees, back, hip -- it just gets boring after a while." A 12-year veteran, the 33-year-old Van Exel is in the last year of his contract that will pay him $11.8 million.

ALVAREZ6
12-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I dont think Van Exel should retire, he's only 33 years old.
If I retired at that age, I would miss the game and would want to come back.

He's going to be 33 years old, watching the games from his house, thinking to himself that he could be out there.

baseline bum
12-24-2004, 07:08 PM
It's a good time for him to retire. Going from $12 million to $2 million per is a pretty big drop.

ShoogarBear
12-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah, he's got a family to feed!

Disharmony
12-31-2004, 04:42 AM
He's not really serious. He said the same thing last year about retiring when he doesn't land on a Texas team, but then again, that probably has more to do with the fact that he's going to shelve a lot of money if he opted out.