PDA

View Full Version : New Power Rankings puts Suns on top

Cry Havoc
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2008&week=3

Just wow. Amazing how one game moves us behind both Dallas and Phoenix despite having similar records. I could honestly care less, but it appears that we're flying under the radar yet again.

Findog
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Bah. A bunch of bullshit all the way around. I would prefer for us to be overlooked and underappreciated this year.

yourcheatinheart
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM

Just wow. Amazing how one game moves us behind both Dallas and Phoenix despite having similar records. I could honestly care less, but it appears that we're flying under the radar yet again.

it looks like you could care less... :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
:lol what? did you expect the Spurs to stay on top for the whole season? Being third isn't under the radar. Look, I know we're are the reigning champs, but this whole thing of hanging on every single Ranking, and complaining because we aren't always first is just stupid.

Extra Stout
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
OMG!!! I'm so pissed!!! Power rankings are life-and-death, especially in November!!!

I cherish the Spurs' 2001 and 2004 regular-season Power Rankings titles.

sprrs
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Power rankings mean crap, unless the Spurs are on top. In that case, they're you know, awesome.

stretch
11-19-2007, 04:32 PM

I don't see how you can argue that Dallas should be ahead of SA in power rankings, since Dallas beat SA. But I have no clue what the hell Phoenix is doing up there.

TheSanityAnnex
11-19-2007, 04:35 PM
it looks like you could care less... :rolleyes:lol

Cry Havoc
11-19-2007, 04:44 PM

Yes. God knows that you shouldn't attempt to start a discussion about basketball on an NBA forum.

Furthermore, if you post about something, it is obviously near and dear to your heart, 3rd in importance to you only after your wife and kids, and your 3 legged dog named Hoppy who likes to "Jump Around" to Kriss Kross.

I just said I didn't care. At the same time I wonder what his logic is.

Extra Stout
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Will the Suns be lifting up a banner for the November 19, 2007 Power Rankings Championship to go next to their Ratings Championship banners?

phyzik
11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Power rankings mean crap, unless the Spurs are on top. In that case, they're you know, awesome.

+1 :spin

samikeyp
11-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Findog....is that a Roy Tarpley avatar?

Findog
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Findog....is that a Roy Tarpley avatar?

Indeed it is.

Findog
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Hey, Suns are #1. Time to have a parade wind thru Washington and Jefferson Street. Mark Stein is master of ceremonies.

Kriz-Maxima
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't see how you can argue that Dallas should be ahead of SA in power rankings, since Dallas beat SA. But I have no clue what the hell Phoenix is doing up there.

Haven't you seen the ratings numbers? Mind blowing!

Honestly its power rankings, who gives a shit. The elite teams are close together and there is a bunch of ok teams beating each other for ever changing spots. 10 games into the season this is the writer's opinion. And as much as i differ from his current view its not as far fetched as it could be. Its not an abomination to have Phoenix on top because any of those top 3 teams has an argument to be up there. This has no relationship whatsoever in the potential end of the season record of a team or their playoffs contention.

Detroit is ten...cool.

LEONARD
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I love power rankings threads!!! :lol

dirk4mvp
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I love power rankings threads!!! :lol

Me too. It usually has someone complaining about who's on top or why their team isn't higher only for them to say the next sentence that they don't care. :lol

da_suns_fan__
11-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Gotta love the respect the boys in Purple and Orange get.

exstatic
11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
So, in addition to the ratings title, the Suns now have the week 3 media title? Wow.

Walter Craparita
11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Haven't gotten a chance to watch many of their games.

Stargazer
11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Phoenix fans just can't win around here. ESPN, all on its own, puts Phoenix atop a meaningless power ranking. A Spurs fan sees it, and "could care less" about so much that he decides to start a thread on it, and yet somehow its the *Suns* fans who deserve shots for hanging "rankings" banners and holding parades?

Xylus
11-19-2007, 07:15 PM
I figured the Suns were on top because they're on a 5-game win streak, after beating their last 4 opponents (including the Rockets and Magic) by 10 points or more, but what do I know?

You could make a convincing argument that Dallas should be on top after beating San Antonio and winning their last three games. I don't see how you could say that the Spurs should be on top, though, after losing to the Mavs. The rankings seem pretty logical to me.

Findog
11-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Gotta love the respect the boys in Purple and Orange get.

Craig Sager: "Steve Nash, after all those years of heartbreak and frustration, of being doubted and roaming through the basketball wilderness, you and your Phoenix Suns are Week Three Power Ranking Champs. Can you describe the joy and euphoria you must be feeling right now, to finally climb to the top of this mountain? You already had the ratings championship, but to top it off with a Power Rankings poll, the circle is complete, is it not?"

Findog
11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Phoenix fans just can't win around here. ESPN, all on its own, puts Phoenix atop a meaningless power ranking. A Spurs fan sees it, and "could care less" about so much that he decides to start a thread on it, and yet somehow its the *Suns* fans who deserve shots for hanging "rankings" banners and holding parades?

We make a distinction between JMark, Old Dirt, Xylus, Ron Mexico and Nashfan and the retards like DannyB, yourcheatinheart and da_smegma_fan. And the latter have earned the ridicule they bring upon themselves.

dirk4mvp
11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
RonMexico is borderline retarded.

anakha
11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
We make a distinction between JMark, Old Dirt, Xylus, Ron Mexico and Nashfan and the retards like DannyB, yourcheatinheart and da_smegma_fan. And the latter have earned the ridicule they bring upon themselves.

In fairness, the latter three have shown that they can give serious answers and takes on some subjects.

Mention Suns-Spurs in any way, however, and they Hulk Out. :lol

da_suns_fan__
11-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Craig Sager: "Steve Nash, after all those years of heartbreak and frustration, of being doubted and roaming through the basketball wilderness, you and your Phoenix Suns are Week Three Power Ranking Champs. Can you describe the joy and euphoria you must be feeling right now, to finally climb to the top of this mountain? You already had the ratings championship, but to top it off with a Power Rankings poll, the circle is complete, is it not?"

Pretty funny until the whole "circle" part.

Keep trying.

samikeyp
11-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Indeed it is.

Thought so. What a waste. That dude was amazing.

Findog
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Thought so. What a waste. That dude was amazing.

Broke my heart before any girl ever did.

Stargazer
11-19-2007, 11:30 PM

I suppose the rest of us strangers are on probation, eh? :-)
That's cool -- this is your house. Anyway, I take it as a sign of a certain sort of respect that Spurs fans even bother to complain about Suns-love. Nobody ever starts a thread to trash-talk the T-Wolves . . . .

Findog
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
That's cool -- this is your house. Anyway, I take it as a sign of a certain sort of respect that Spurs fans even bother to complain about Suns-love. Nobody ever starts a thread to trash-talk the T-Wolves . . . .

I'm a Mavs fan, so technically I'm an unwelcome guest as well.

DannyB
11-20-2007, 01:03 AM

Honestly, as a Suns fan, I was really digging getting dissed and written off by all the Gods of basketball analysis this year. I was really hoping the Suns could fly under the radar without a big fucking target on their backs this season. Last two champs (Spurs & Heat) absolutely fucking hid way down there in the "also-ran" category of Power Rankings the past two years, and then really turned it on in the final 3rd of the season & playoffs.

I personally think the latest power rankings with the Suns at #1 are pretty silly, based only it would seem on which team has longest current winning streak. But I'm telling you, I don't want the Suns to get any positive attention all year. Let them quietly roll off 55+ wins in their division to win a top 4 cede. Who cares about best record? It did nothing for Mavs last year, or Suns the year before.

DannyB
11-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Pretty funny until the whole "circle" part.

Keep trying.

Findog's a total dumbass. Nothing but constant insecure, guilty conscience Suns-bashing. He must really feel that asterisk as if it were a foreign object lodged up his ass or something.

DannyB
11-20-2007, 01:09 AM

[Smooch smooch smooch smooch ... wipe the shit off my nose ... smooch smooch smooch smooch. Take a knee, open wide, gobble the cock ... glug glug glug glug ... yummy ... My name is stargazer, I take it any way the Spurs or their fans want to give it. Yum yum.]

Stargazer
11-20-2007, 01:15 AM
[Smooch smooch smooch smooch ... wipe the shit off my nose ... smooch smooch smooch smooch. Take a knee, open wide, gobble the cock ... glug glug glug glug ... yummy ... My name is stargazer, I take it any way the Spurs or their fans want to give it. Yum yum.]

Fuck you, asshole.

DannyB
11-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Fuck you, asshole.

C'mon man. Whether you intend it or not, you are viewed on this board as a troll and a piece of shit. They will mock you and crucify and fuck with you to no end. If you think I'm the enemy, then just wait. I'm just trying to bring you around to a truth that you will find out soon. Kissing ass around here probably gets you less respect than telling all these Spurs fans to go fuck their mothers in the ass ... seriously. It's that kind of place. So you can say fuck you asshole to me ... that's cool. I understand. My message to you was totally rude, no question. But like I said, I'm just trying to introduce you properly into this fucked-up site. Better disillusioned now than later ...

duncan228
11-20-2007, 01:42 AM
DannyB-If this site is fucked up and "that kind of place" why are you here?

Oh...and you said something about Findog having an asterisk lodged...Findog is a Mavs fan. I don't recall the Mavs having anything to put an asterisk on.

DannyB
11-20-2007, 01:50 AM
So, in addition to the ratings title, the Suns now have the week 3 media title? Wow.

Go fuck yourself up the ass with that "ratings title" bitter Spurs bullshit. It's not the Suns fault that nobody else in the entire country wants to watch your fucking team choke the life and beauty out of NBA basketball. You can't hang that shit on Suns or Suns fans, so shut the everliving fuck up about it. It's everybody who hates to watch the boring Spurs assholes thug their way to the title. Get used to it. Embrace it. Own it. Hey, at least you got a bullshit trophy, right? Enjoy it and stop fucking crying about the Suns.

DannyB
11-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Oh...and you said something about Findog having an asterisk lodged...Findog is a Mavs fan. I don't recall the Mavs having anything to put an asterisk on.

Whatever. Findog is an avowed Suns hater to the point of total irrationality. He's got something up his ass for sure, because he's all about how weak and feeble the Suns are.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-20-2007, 01:58 AM
This thread has clearly passed the buttseckz reference threshold. No mas.

Cry Havoc
11-20-2007, 02:19 AM
ahaha. Wow. I wanted to actually start a debate about how each team is playing, but this is FAR more entertaining. Where's my popcorn!?

anakha
11-20-2007, 02:29 AM
ahaha. Wow. I wanted to actually start a debate about how each team is playing, but this is FAR more entertaining. Where's my popcorn!?

And THAT sums up this thread better than anything else. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
11-20-2007, 03:24 AM
Go fuck yourself up the ass with that "ratings title" bitter Spurs bullshit. It's not the Suns fault that nobody else in the entire country wants to watch your fucking team choke the life and beauty out of NBA basketball. You can't hang that shit on Suns or Suns fans, so shut the everliving fuck up about it. It's everybody who hates to watch the boring Spurs assholes thug their way to the title. Get used to it. Embrace it. Own it. Hey, at least you got a bullshit trophy, right? Enjoy it and stop fucking crying about the Suns.
:lmao

who's bitter again? :lmao

Shred
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM

It's pathological.

samikeyp
11-20-2007, 08:06 AM
. It's not the Suns fault that nobody else in the entire country wants to watch your fucking team choke the life and beauty out of NBA basketball.

I'm in Michigan...does that count?
;)

Findog
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
shit...fuck...ass...fuck...ass...fuck...asshole... fucked...

Findog
11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
fuck...ass...bullshit...fucking...shit...fuck...as sholes...bullshit...fucking...

Findog
11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Let's all stop picking on DannyB. Tourette's is not an easy thing to live with.

Findog
11-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Findog's a total dumbass. Nothing but constant insecure, guilty conscience Suns-bashing. He must really feel that asterisk as if it were a foreign object lodged up his ass or something.

Yeah, I can't have a civil conversation with JMark, Old Dirt, Xylus, Nashfan and Ron Mexico. My sole purpose on a Spurs board is to bash the Suns and their fans. I never comment on anything else. :rolleyes

But you're right, I've been an ass and it's time for me to apologie. I'm sorry if you reside in the shallow end of the pool with da_suns_fan and yourcheatinheart. I'm sorry Mike D'Antoni goes with a seven-man rotation all season long. I'm sorry Steve Nash can't keep his man in front of him. I'm sorry Duhmare and Donuts couldn't stay on the bench like 8 of their teammates. I'm sorry Robert Sarver traded his one decent interior defender for a trade exception. I'm sorry Steve Kerr sells off your first-round picks. I'm sorry Atlanta vaulted into the top three with a lottery-protected pick. I'm sorry Shawn Marion is a mental midget and messes up team chemistry by requesting a trade willy-nilly. I'm just so very sorry for you.

travis2
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Let's all stop picking on DannyB. Tourette's is not an easy thing to live with.

:lol

I keep seeing him as about 4'8", 14-15 years old, pale skin from being indoors all the time, white tape on BCGs...

Findog
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM

I keep seeing him as about 4'8", 14-15 years old, pale skin from being indoors all the time, white tape on BCGs...

I just wish I had as expansive a vocabulary. I don't mind dropping an f-bomb every now and then, but jeezus...Must be living in 120 temperatures 7 months out of the year.

travis2
11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Not to mention his extreme hair-trigger irritability over hearing anything more derogatory than "Suns Rule"...:lol

samikeyp
11-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I just wish I had as expansive a vocabulary. I don't mind dropping an f-bomb every now and then, but jeezus...Must be living in 120 temperatures 7 months out of the year.

Fuck yeah! :lol

RonMexico
11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
OMG - championship

stretch
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
OMG - championship
Absolutely.

Walter Craparita
11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Hard to hate on a guy with Del Negro as an avatar.

Extra Stout
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
C'mon man. Whether you intend it or not, you are viewed on this board as a troll and a piece of shit. They will mock you and crucify and fuck with you to no end. If you think I'm the enemy, then just wait. I'm just trying to bring you around to a truth that you will find out soon. Kissing ass around here probably gets you less respect than telling all these Spurs fans to go fuck their mothers in the ass ... seriously. It's that kind of place. So you can say fuck you asshole to me ... that's cool. I understand. My message to you was totally rude, no question. But like I said, I'm just trying to introduce you properly into this fucked-up site. Better disillusioned now than later ...
This terrible, horrible, god-forsaken site on which your dumb ass has posted 153 times.

Purple & Gold
11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
:corn:

JMarkJohns
11-23-2007, 12:30 PM

Respect is earned, not given.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Respect is earned, not given.

Fouls are not given, they're hip-checks. :p:

SRJ
11-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Still-won't-answer-a-simple-question forum.

Don't worry, DannyB. We're nothing if not patient.

samikeyp
11-23-2007, 05:44 PM
I think Danny officially retired from SpursTalk.

duncan228
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I think Danny officially retired from SpursTalk.

He said he was going to.
His exact words:

Fuck you all. I didn't post that last one to try to win the argument. You dishonest fuckers already claimed your hollow bullshit victory ... kinda like the Spurs themselves claimed a hollow bullshit victory over the Suns last year. You people on this blog are totally irrational and insane. It will never matter how right I am, or how good my evidence is. All of you delusional homers will just ignore it so you can make fun of me, and take turns slapping each other on the back. Well, I'm going to do the only thing you fuckers can't cheat me out of ... so long and fuck you all. You won't have me around to jack each other off about. You all can suck a bag of dicks.

SRJ
11-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Fuck you all. I didn't post that last one to try to win the argument. You dishonest fuckers already claimed your hollow bullshit victory ... kinda like the Spurs themselves claimed a hollow bullshit victory over the Suns last year. You people on this blog are totally irrational and insane. It will never matter how right I am, or how good my evidence is. All of you delusional homers will just ignore it so you can make fun of me, and take turns slapping each other on the back. Well, I'm going to do the only thing you fuckers can't cheat me out of ... so long and fuck you all. You won't have me around to jack each other off about. You all can suck a bag of dicks.

What a drama queen. Oh well.

Strike
11-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Is he actually gone?

Huh. No wonder I felt the collective IQ jump a few points lately.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 10:14 PM

703 Spurz
11-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Honestly, as a Suns fan, I was really digging getting dissed and written off by all the Gods of basketball analysis this year. I was really hoping the Suns could fly under the radar without a big fucking target on their backs this season. Last two champs (Spurs & Heat) absolutely fucking hid way down there in the "also-ran" category of Power Rankings the past two years, and then really turned it on in the final 3rd of the season & playoffs.

I personally think the latest power rankings with the Suns at #1 are pretty silly, based only it would seem on which team has longest current winning streak. But I'm telling you, I don't want the Suns to get any positive attention all year. Let them quietly roll off 55+ wins in their division to win a top 4 cede. Who cares about best record? It did nothing for Mavs last year, or Suns the year before.

Well friend at least half of the predictions I saw in the offseason had Phoenix winning the championship so I'd say that they were already not flying under the radar. It just isn't gunna happen. The media digs Phoenix b/c of their style. They won't ever be a team nobody talks about

703 Spurz
11-24-2007, 10:47 AM
It's pathological.

Look ma! A snowflake! Oooooooooooooo

Kriz-Maxima
11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
He said he was going to.
His exact words:

Damn! I was hoping for a spurscenter kind of meltdown...oh well.