PDA

View Full Version : D-League Question

MagnusKrauss
11-20-2007, 01:27 AM
i happened to read Kori's thread on Noel Felix and got to thinking....why not take him to Austin? he could be that long 3 we'd been looking for.

but it seems he's already with Anaheim.

my question is this: does the D-League trade players? Austin is already full (and if its not, the space goes to Ian and DWash), could Austin trade someone for Noel?

just wondering.

or am i stupid?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-20-2007, 03:39 AM
just wondering.

or am i stupid?
:lol

You keep asking that, and you know someone at some point is going to answer the latter :smokin

MagnusKrauss
11-20-2007, 04:13 AM
if somebody keeps asking that, doesn't that mean it's true? :D

ChumpDumper
11-20-2007, 04:34 AM
my question is this: does the D-League trade players? Austin is already full (and if its not, the space goes to Ian and DWash), could Austin trade someone for Noel?Actually they could. Trades are rare in the D-League but they can happen and Austin did it last season (PF/C Scott Merritt for combo guard Cheyne Gadson).

I think it is very unlikely in this case though; Anaheim is pretty short on big men as it is and don't need need anything else that badly. Maybe if we sent Pittsnogle -- but if Noel really seems like a good fit the Spurs could call him straight up to the NBA and see if he can work out that way. He might be a bit large for the long SF role now and a little redundant with Mahinmi in the fold. Steven Smith might be a better candidate from the same team, or maybe Mike Hall from the 66ers -- more perimeter oriented combo forwards.