PDA

View Full Version : Spurs and Zone, Barry in Playoffs = "BSPN"

Rummpd
12-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Bah Humbug! B.S.PN Journalism at its best although it definetely stirs emotions.

Let's see a team bounces back from the cruelest loss in history and goes 5 and 1. It has only one loss at home so far, albeit to a team it is fully capable of thumping (and will down the road).

Yet = two special features posted last 48 hours that are so negative (the one on zone was a little more on but still with negative initial spin - Spurs just did not show up to play under-rated Magic) on a team with a 21 and 6 start = get real who are these guys - spies picked due their alliagence with ESPN's half time crew?

Give it a break. This team is 14 and 3 over last 17 games. Spurs with deepest and argueably their most well rounded team in history now that Pop has shown that at time he will play all; and we finally have a great emerging PG, SG and back up PG.

Plus Barry getting his bad streak out before playoffs and CIA Pop may have finally found a way to piss off a slumbering giant - Rasho.

THE TRUTH: Barry and playoffs = he has been locked up on a bad team last few years = anything else is ancient history. Spurs will settle on a 4th quarter rotation when it counts. As such, point on zone is somewhat valid but with Mr. Gold Manu on court plus anyone of Brown, Parker and/or Beno, Barry, Horry and a fully capable 3 spotter, Bowen = Spurs will be fine!!!

No Worries on this years Spurs - Period. See them in finals over either the media darling Shaq + Flash or a still dangerous Pacer team.

MadDoc

cqsallie
12-25-2004, 01:34 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes I have an almost overwhelming desire to grab Pop by each ear and head-butt him due to his lack of appreciation for some of his players. We've gone through it with quite a few and I was really afraid he was dissing Brent the way he did Malik last season.
Coach seems to be able to back away from that terrible all-controlling aspect of his game - and I thank whatever gods may be for his laissez-faire attitude toward Manu. Without losing the defensive game, the Spurs have risen to 7th in the NBA in assists, which has never been Pop's forte. Who's behind the balanced play do you think?

T Park
12-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Who's behind the balanced play do you think?

Just happens magically.

Pop aint callin the plays right.

BTW, Malik already admitting to purposely sabotaging and purposely getting benched last year shoots down your theory of Pop "dissing" his players.

If he was "dissing" them, why does every player that plays here think hes a great guy?

cqsallie
12-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Sure they say that Pop's great. Did you catch TNT's interview with Manu after the game last night? The Spurs absolutely LOVE to go on camera or mike and hint that Pop is a killer-coach. As Manu put it, "Pop reminded us (stress on reminded), in his way (stress on way)..." all the while smiling and laughing and actually intimating that Pop is one tough SOB and all of us Spurs are tough because we can deal with Pop.
It's a self-perpetuating myth, an urban legend...

Brodels
12-29-2004, 10:17 PM
The Barry article wasn't about the Spurs and how they are playing now. It was about how Barry has performed in past playoff series.

The fact is that those two Sonics teams were solid. The fact is that Barry missed many open shots.

He could turn it around this season, but the point is still valid: Barry has underperformed in the playoffs. I think that's really the only point of the article, and your homerism can't refute that.

Bah Humbug! B.S.PN Journalism at its best although it definetely stirs emotions.

Let's see a team bounces back from the cruelest loss in history and goes 5 and 1. It has only one loss at home so far, albeit to a team it is fully capable of thumping (and will down the road).

Yet = two special features posted last 48 hours that are so negative (the one on zone was a little more on but still with negative initial spin - Spurs just did not show up to play under-rated Magic) on a team with a 21 and 6 start = get real who are these guys - spies picked due their alliagence with ESPN's half time crew?

Give it a break. This team is 14 and 3 over last 17 games. Spurs with deepest and argueably their most well rounded team in history now that Pop has shown that at time he will play all; and we finally have a great emerging PG, SG and back up PG.

Plus Barry getting his bad streak out before playoffs and CIA Pop may have finally found a way to piss off a slumbering giant - Rasho.

THE TRUTH: Barry and playoffs = he has been locked up on a bad team last few years = anything else is ancient history. Spurs will settle on a 4th quarter rotation when it counts. As such, point on zone is somewhat valid but with Mr. Gold Manu on court plus anyone of Brown, Parker and/or Beno, Barry, Horry and a fully capable 3 spotter, Bowen = Spurs will be fine!!!

No Worries on this years Spurs - Period. See them in finals over either the media darling Shaq + Flash or a still dangerous Pacer team.

MadDoc

Rummpd
12-30-2004, 05:19 AM
Weak counter - Barry has not played for a championship contender recently so your entire hypothesis was invalid period.

Should we have kept Turkafadeawayawayaway?

Out.

MadDoc

Brodels
12-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Weak counter - Barry has not played for a championship contender recently so your entire hypothesis was invalid period.

Should we have kept Turkafadeawayawayaway?

Out.

MadDoc

Um, you can only look at what he's done in the past. Those Sonic teams were very good, and I don't know how you think being on a championship contender is going to magically change his ability to perform in the playoffs.

His problem wasn't getting shots. It was making shots.

It's much more valuable to look at what a player has done in past pressure situations than to assume that the team he's on is going to make him perform better when it counts.

And no, we shouldn't have kept Hedo.

kskonn
12-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Um, you can only look at what he's done in the past. Those Sonic teams were very good, and I don't know how you think being on a championship contender is going to magically change his ability to perform in the playoffs.

His problem wasn't getting shots. It was making shots.

It's much more valuable to look at what a player has done in past pressure situations than to assume that the team he's on is going to make him perform better when it counts.

And no, we shouldn't have kept Hedo.

Yea i agree you have to judge on what has happened in the past. I do feel that the Barry will not feel as much pressure to carry a large load playing for a better team than he did in Seattle. Hopefully he will be more relaxed and be able to get into the flow of the game and knock down some shots.