PDA

View Full Version : Joey's In Atlanta!!

purple_blaze_98
11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Tue. Nov. 20 Created: Nov 20, 2007 9:30am ET
Game Official 1 Official 2 Official 3
Philadelphia @ Washington J. Nies E. Roe B. Spooner
San Antonio @ Atlanta J. Crawford R. Mott R. Olesiak
Milwaukee @ Cleveland J. Clark B. Adams T. Nunez Jr.
L.A. Lakers @ Indiana K. Mauer D. Stafford P. Robinson
Golden State @ New York T. Brothers M. Smith P. Fraher
Toronto @ Dallas E. Rush M. Davis E. Malloy
Chicago @ Denver J. Forte S. Wall S. Wright
Phoenix @ Sacramento T. Washington S. Corbin L. Richardson

http://www.nba.com/news/referee

samikeyp
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
You knew it was coming.

I'm pretty sure TD will be professional about it...hopefully Crawford will be too.

Timmy!
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
It is on! Fight Fight MVP and a white.

Walter Craparita
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Bullshit. He BETTER not be in playoffs games.

Stern is such an idiot.

exstatic
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
It'll probably be like Tim and Nies: they just never interact or speak on the court, or at least they didn't for a couple of years.

At least they paired him with a couple of senior refs in Rodney Mott and Ron Olesiak. It won't be the Joey Show.

easjer
11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Bound to happen sooner or later. They both know that it will be in their best interests to avoid any whiff of impropriety on the court. They'll both be professional and will likely ignore each other. I bet Joey goes out of his way to show he can call an impartial game.

Best guess is that it ends up being a non-story tomorrow.

SpursFanFirst
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Bound to happen sooner or later. They both know that it will be in their best interests to avoid any whiff of impropriety on the court. They'll both be professional and will likely ignore each other. I bet Joey goes out of his way to show he can call an impartial game.

I agree. There's no way he'll come out and be an ass in this game. Too many people will be watching and waiting for him to screw up.
I don't think it'll be an issue.

thispego
11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
i thought they were not going to announce the names of the officials till the morning/day of?

exstatic
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
i thought they were not going to announce the names of the officials till the morning/day of?
Have you checked your calendar? Today is the 20th, and tonight is the ATL game.

loveforthegame
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I have no doubt that Duncan will be a professional about it.

I would like to think Crawford isn't so stupid as to try something when everyone will be watching how he acts.

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2007, 11:32 AM

It absolutely had to happen, given that there are only 15 or so officials who serve as crew chiefs and Joey is one of those guys. The league couldn't schedule around Joey all year, but it's for the best that they ensured that the first game wasn't a nationally-televised game.

You can be sure, though, that Joey will be doing many Spurs games this season and will be calling games very late into the playoffs. Say what you will about Joey's act in Dallas last April, but he's undoubtedly one of the best game-callers going and probably misses as few calls as any official in the league right now.

thispego
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Have you checked your calendar? Today is the 20th, and tonight is the ATL game.
hahahahaha, wow.. ummm this is :dizzy me today

41times
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Spurs vs. Atlanta

Spurs favored by 6 points

Joey Crawford is reffing the game.

I think i will take the 6 points and the Hawks then. :madrun

phyzik
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I hope Duncan laughs on the bench all game long.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Tue. Nov. 20 Created: Nov 20, 2007 9:30am ET
Game Official 1 Official 2 Official 3
Philadelphia @ Washington J. Nies E. Roe B. Spooner
San Antonio @ Atlanta J. Crawford R. Mott R. Olesiak
Milwaukee @ Cleveland J. Clark B. Adams T. Nunez Jr.
L.A. Lakers @ Indiana K. Mauer D. Stafford P. Robinson
Golden State @ New York T. Brothers M. Smith P. Fraher
Toronto @ Dallas E. Rush M. Davis E. Malloy
Chicago @ Denver J. Forte S. Wall S. Wright
Phoenix @ Sacramento T. Washington S. Corbin L. Richardson

http://www.nba.com/news/referee

I'll be at the game tonight. Should be interesting with Joey there.

But really, if anything, Tim might actually get the benefit of a close call from Crawford, since Joey knows he'll be under a microscope tonight.

Anyway... BRING ON THE HAWKS!!! :hungry:

Jimcs50
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
We're fucked

SAGambler
11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I'll be at the game tonight. Should be interesting with Joey there.

But really, if anything, Tim might actually get the benefit of a close call from Crawford, since Joey knows he'll be under a microscope tonight.

Anyway... BRING ON THE HAWKS!!! :hungry:

Yep. I would bet Crawford goes out of his way to not antagonize anyone on the Spurs.

Wouldn't surprise me though if Tim doesn't walk over, shake his hand, and say let bygones be bygones prior to the game.

exstatic
11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
We're fucked
Hey, it's professor positive!!!

Taco
11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.ticket760.com/pages/local.html?feed=162470&article=2955152

Spurs visit Atlanta; Crawford to officiate

The Spurs will see official Joey Crawford tonight for the first time since he ejected Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench during the Spurs-Mavs game last April 15.
By Walter Pasacrita
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
The Spurs will see official Joey Crawford for the first time since he ejected Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench during the Spurs-Mavs game last April 15 when they visit the Atlanta Hawks tonight.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?"' Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?"'

Crawford was suspended by NBA Commisioner David Stern on April 17, 2007.

Crawford was cited for "improper conduct" and "inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game." Stern said Crawford's actions "failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees."

Crawford was reinstated on Sept. 17.

"Based on my meeting with Joey Crawford, his commitment to an ongoing counseling program, and a favorable professional evaluation that was performed at my direction, I am satisfied that Joey understands the standards of game management and professionalism the NBA expects from him and that he will be able to conduct himself in accordance with those standards," said Stern in a statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printed from: http://www.ticket760.com

timvp
11-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Eh, I don't think Joey Crawford will have an impact one way or the other. While he's a bit of an azz, Crawford respects his profession and won't have any problem simply reffing the game. If anything, he might think twice about giving a Spur a quick technical foul.

I doubt it'll turn into the Duncan/Nies situation. Nies is a horrible ref to begin with so when he blows calls during Spurs games, it's more that he's just a bad ref than he's trying to get revenge. Although I do think if there is a borderline call, he'll side against Duncan. With Crawford, I expect him to be as fair as possible.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Spurs vs. Atlanta

Spurs favored by 6 points

Joey Crawford is reffing the game.

I think i will take the 6 points and the Hawks then. :madrunI'm waiting to hear a tip from Tim Donaghy.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm waiting to hear a tip from Tim Donaghy.
Pretty soon the only tip he'll be able to offer anyone is to never drop the soap.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Joey's In Atlanta!! http://www.bustedplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/crawford.jpg (http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/53141233.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEB2FB4941B089DB7E A40A659CEC4C8CB6)

"How you doin'?"

ShoogarBear
11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Pretty soon the only tip he'll be able to offer anyone is to never drop the soap.I heard that actually he will be a man who knows a lot of tips.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I heard that actually he will be a man who knows a lot of tips.

3-1 count, SFIE puts a hanging curve ball over the plate, and SB sends it over the wall.

midgetonadonkey
11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
James White!!

Solid D
11-20-2007, 06:26 PM
The Spurs shouldn't be concerned about pal-Joey but they need to pay attention to boxing-out Al Horford!

...and for some reason, Zaza seems to always give the Spurs a little sumpin' sumpin'.

exstatic
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Daddy Foul-bucks
http://www.bustedplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/crawford.jpg

timvp
11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Did anyone see Crawford call anything in favor of Duncan? All the borderline calls went the other way. The one call he gave Duncan he waived off an obvious continuation. Hmmmm . . .

Solid D
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
The offensive foul Joey called on Tim for using his lead arm as Horford jumped to block the shot was not a good call. Horford was clearly inside the dotted semi-circle when he jumped up and made contact.