PDA

View Full Version : Knee Pain Again Troubles Amare

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Suns notebook: Knee pain again troubles Amaré

Jerry Brown, Tribune

Raja Bell was back on the court practicing with his teammates Monday. But that doesn’t mean the Suns were intact for the end-of-practice scrimmage.

Amaré Stoudemire again felt stiffness and soreness in his troublesome knee and spent the end of the workout exercising with the trainers while his teammates pressed on.

As with Bell, Stoudemire said he expects to play tonight in the first of back-to-back meetings with the Kings — this one in Sacramento. But having to beg off another practice shows the Suns center is still day-to-day.

“Today I was a little sore but it’s normal. It’s not going to be 100 percent all the time,” he said. “I want to practice and play every day, but I’m going to be smart and cautious about the situation. I couldn’t quite get it going today, so I saw it as a day to exercise and get stronger.”

Phoenix coach Mike D’Antoni was surprised to find Stoudemire struggling. “I didn’t think anything was wrong, then we started and he couldn’t quite get through it,” he said.

Bell said he was “able to do what I wanted” in practice despite his troublesome ankle, but said his status would likely be decided at the morning shootaround. D’Antoni described Bell as “a little out of sorts” but expected him to play — although he might stick with Leandro Barbosa as a starter while Bell recuperates.

“Raja is our starter, he’s going to end up there … so don’t read anything into that,” he said.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/102395

Armando
11-20-2007, 01:01 PM
D'Antoni hopefully wises up and sits him out in tomorrow's game. I rather give up some wins if it means a heathy Stoudemire come April,May and June.

JamStone
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
cracked patella looms

Purple & Gold
11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Uhoh :(

JMarkJohns
11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, this seems to be his legacy. Unfulfilled potential because of never-ending issues with ankles and knees.

Armando
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I am surprise though that the Suns did not keep that to themselves. You know the Kings are going to test him tonight with the knee.

JamStone
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I think this can all be traced back to Amare imagining Bruce Bowen kicking him in the foot. Blame Bowen.

thispego
11-20-2007, 04:44 PM
cracked patella looms
:lol