PDA

View Full Version : TMAC's Return Sends Francis to Bench;His Play Was "One Game Situation";Yao Frustrated

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
ROCKETS SUMMARY

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

The Francis question
Tracy McGrady's return to the court Wednesday against Dallas could lead to Steve Francis' return to the bench.

Rockets coach Rick Adelman said Monday that he does not plan changes to his rotation, calling Francis' first playing time of the season Saturday "a one-game situation."

"I don't think there's anything different," Adelman said. "It's not a problem with our rotation. It's just a problem with how we're playing as a team. I don't have any plans to change that right now.

"It's a one-game situation. He (Francis) played and I thought he did fine the other night. If you're going to make a change like that and incorporate somebody into the rotation that hasn't been in there, you need to have to decide who it is you're taking out because they didn't give me 20 more minutes to deal with.

"That's the bottom line. I think you have to be real fair and be sure when you make a decision like that.

"Losing four in a row ... you might make changes, but you have to remember you didn't have Tracy for 2 1/2 games in that losing streak. I think I have to be more patient than that."

Francis made three of 11 shots, scoring eight points with two assists.

Yao frustrated
Rockets center Yao Ming met with coach Rick Adelman after Monday's practice and without sharing anything from their conversation, sounded frustrated with his play in the losses to the Suns and Spurs.

"Particularly, the last two games, I didn't play my game," Yao said. "In San Antonio, I didn't get the ball because of the fronting defense and against Phoenix because of their speed and my foul troubles. It took me out of the game. I was gone, like I never went to the game.

"I just (have to) work (to get) my game back."

But Adelman described Yao's struggles as team problems.

"There is a combination of factors," Adelman said. "Without Tracy (McGrady) in the game, they really concentrate on taking him (Yao) out of the game. They're fronting him every time, they're doubling every time he touched it."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5315814.html

exstatic
11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
:rollin Back to the deep freeze, Stevie Franchise.