PDA

View Full Version : Schoening: Fabricio Strumming Along

Spurs Brazil
11-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Fabricio Strumming Along
by Bill Schoening | November 18, 2007

Although he still has much basketball to play before he considers retirement, it wouldn't be surprising to see Fabricio Oberto working in the music industry once he hangs up the sneakers.

Oberto says he has too many songs downloaded to count, "I have maybe 15,000 songs, too many for an IPOD", says the Spurs starting center. "I love all kinds of music, from alternative to jazz to rock. On the way to the arena tonight I was listening to Beethoven."

In my first interview with Luis Scola, the Houston Rockets forward who plays with Oberto on the Argentina national team (that team also features some guy named Ginobili) Scola said he likes to talk about things other than basketball when he visits with his Argentine teammates, but he laughed when I asked him if he talks music with Oberto. "I like music, of course, but not the way Fabricio does."

Oberto plays guitar and has a home studio where he can record. He doesn't rule out music in his future, but those plans are on hold. "I am loving basketball and playing with these guys too much to even think about that right now", says the Spurs 6'10" center.

Shortly after the interview and an ensuing warmup, Oberto returned to the Spurs locker room, perhaps to listen to some more Beethoven.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html

ancestron
11-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Well that proves it once and for all. Oberto rocks.

diego
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
i remember in an argie interview at the beginning of the season, fabri was pissed presti left for seattle...

... because he played drums!

(brent also played in that "band")