PDA

View Full Version : NBA should investigate

Rummpd
12-25-2004, 02:07 AM
WallyWorld got star treatment last night with numerous star based psuedo calls.

Meanwhile, with you know who as head ref - Tim with 4 friggin foul shots and him and Rasho mauled several times on offense in Spurs valiant comeback and Rose - who appeared to me just running to the hole to get a possible rebound or pass is screwed.

Unreal.

MadDoc

cqsallie
12-25-2004, 02:15 AM
What you be sayin'? Sometimes the head ref doesn't rule the whole entire damned world, n'est pas? But you can tell - even in home games, when you'd think the refs would fear for their lives - when Joe is there.

Solid D
12-25-2004, 09:35 AM
I thought Wally was playing very well and he was aggressively going to the basket. He was rewarded and although there may have been some phantom fouls called, there were a couple called for Tony, also.

Jack Nies will probably be scrutinized by Spurs fans until he retires. At least he got out of his own way Thursday night.

The Orlando game had more home cooking calls (many of them sending Francis to the line) than almost any game the Spurs have played this season in my view. The Magic still deserved the win, however. They played great D, they hustled, they were more aggressive, and they were rewarded.

The aggressive teams and aggressive players do get rewarded in the NBA, as long as they are aggressive in the true spirit of the game in fair play.