PDA

View Full Version : oooh....i got banned from spursreport....

blizz
11-20-2007, 10:27 PM
You have been banned for the following reason:
Take a one day timeout for calling a moderator a moron

Date the ban will be lifted: 11-21-07, 07:00 PM

:elephant :elephant

11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I thought that site was no longer?

peewee's lovechild
11-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Good job.

Now get banned here.

blizz
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
i'd imagine it would be much harder to get banned here...besides...you'd miss me peewee. btw...i called ladyspur a moron. she's a fucking idiot.

duncan228
11-20-2007, 11:24 PM
It's really hard to get banned here. Kori is patient, lets people speak their minds, lets fans of other teams speak their minds. I bet she's even been called a moron without banning anyone for it! :lol

From what I've heard it's really easy to get banned there.
I found both boards around the same time but it was obvious very quickly which one I would call home.
I posted there a few times when I first joined it, I haven't logged in there since. I lurk now and then to see what they're talking about but I just don't like it there.

I know there's several posters here who post there regularly. I guess it works for them. It didn't for me.

Sapphire
11-20-2007, 11:33 PM
They are just too clique-ish over there. There are a quite a few that just think their shit does not stink, and you better not even think about disagreeing with them. I used to post there a long time ago, but now I don't even have it bookmarked anymore.

ATRAIN
11-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Who here posts on both? Do you use the same name?

LuvBones
11-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I used to post there as spursgirl20... I left years ago when I joined spurstalk. That was in '04 I believe.

Last Comic Standing
11-21-2007, 12:12 AM
What topic was it in? no screen shots?

Hantler
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM
How in the hell you get Banned?

How hard is it to agree with Ladyspur 24/7 and tell DizzG he makes another excellent point 10 times a day?

td4mvp21
11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I registered there in '04, a little before I did spurstalk. Never been back :lol

Ladyspur .
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
i'd imagine it would be much harder to get banned here...besides...you'd miss me peewee. btw...i called ladyspur a moron. she's a fucking idiot.

oh, you think you're big stuff huh?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-21-2007, 01:59 AM
I just started posting over there. I've heard so much shit about the place I just had to check it out for myself. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.

The sone
11-21-2007, 02:03 AM
im so glad z told me about this place first! ive heard NOTHING good about that other faux spurs site! seems to be a bunch of god complex having whining assholes over there. this is san antonio bitches! censorship like they dole out has no friggin place here! props to the freedom...

Ghost Busters
11-21-2007, 02:19 AM
I just started posting over there. I've heard so much shit about the place I just had to check it out for myself. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.

It's cuz they clean up all the topics and posts that folks disagree. You don't find it odd they have 300 guest all the time in the spurs section and many topics have 0 replies for days?

Try and type Kori or Spurstalk :lmao

Lance
11-21-2007, 02:21 AM
ban will be lifted: 11-21-07, 07:00 PM

We know where you will be at 7:00 Pm today!

The sone
11-21-2007, 02:22 AM
It's cuz they clean up all the topics and posts that folks disagree. You don't find it odd they have 300 guest all the time in the spurs section and many topics have 0 replies for days?

what happens if you do?

Hustle & Flow
11-21-2007, 02:42 AM
You end up here :lol

Bricklayer
11-21-2007, 02:57 AM
Some of you never learn. :nope

Frosty
11-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Those folks need to chill!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-21-2007, 04:23 AM

I noticed that :lol Apparently, Spurstalk in Spursreportish is this ########

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Its funny because I have a friend that posts there that I have been trying to convert but he won't budge, I think they brainwash you over there.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 08:40 AM
She's not a moron; she's a mooron.

Hook Dem
11-21-2007, 08:51 AM
On top of that, she's an eagles fan! :rolleyes

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 09:03 AM

Hey Extra Stout, off topic but can you drink extra stout out of the bottle?

samikeyp
11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
blizz...I got banned for the exact same thing...only mine was permanent. It's all good though....this place is 10X better.

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
blizz...I got banned for the exact same thing...only mine was permanent. It's all good though....this place is 10X better.

Do they hand out ip bans or is it user id bans?

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey Extra Stout, off topic but can you drink extra stout out of the bottle?
Mechanically, it is like drinking any other beer out of the bottle, but it doesn't taste as good as drinking it out of a mug.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I was never technically banned from that site, but I got so sick of the insecure-loser circlejerk over there that I just left.

It could EASILY be a Phoenix Suns site.

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Mechanically, it is like drinking any other beer out of the bottle, but it doesn't taste as good as drinking it out of a mug.

Yeah I bought some extra stout for the first time and did the whole pour like I normally would like with the Draught. I was like hmmm maybe I didnt have to do that.

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I was never technically banned from site, but I got so sick of the insecure-loser circlejerk over there that I just left.

we should stage a troll take over for one day only :).

samikeyp
11-21-2007, 09:12 AM

No idea...I just know I was 5 posts in, called Dusty a moron and boom!

It's easily the worst Spurs fan site there is.

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
No idea...I just know I was 5 posts in, called Dusty a moron and boom!

It's easily the worst Spurs fan site there is.

LOL

florige
11-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I wonder if like Kori deals with other Mods in any way. I don;t think that any mod is a bigger schmuck than the dude from the Suns website. He bans people just for posting Spurs stuff up there. :lol

florige
11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
LOL

Hey A werent you the one who got into it with that Mod from that Suns site and got banned?

ATRAIN
11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey A werent you the one who got into it with that Mod from that Suns site and got banned?

Ive gotten banned from several suns sites

Cartman
11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Has anyone else been banned for posting a picture of a bike horn?

Ladyspur .
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Hater!

LuvBones
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I used to post there a lot but I couldn't stand Ladyspur's and Spurstalker's uhh horniness. They're like these big old ladies talking about getting laid.. or lack thereof. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smvomit.gif If we have to put up with that they should put up with a lot more.

I don't see how anyone who starts posting here can continue over at Spursreport. It's like Spurstalk>any other fan forum>crap>spursreport.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe its that bad. Of course, I haven't seen much of anything there. How come its so dead?? 25,000 members and no one posts anything

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
In fact, they've got 15,000 more members than us, but their game blog tonight has 75 responses to our 311!

On top of that, their "Cantina" (aka Club) has around 16,000 threads, of which at least 10,000 are ladyspur trying to liven up the place...

Its alright, but boring.

LuvBones
11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Try forming an opinion that disagrees with Ladyspur or Dizzg.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Try forming an opinion that disagrees with Ladyspur or Dizzg.Haven't had the chance yet, I'm only 4 posts in. :lol I'm sure it will happen though, just have to give it time :fro

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Still, I've been here well over three years now, no sense in changing teams now :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Okay, a story from the flipside.

Before I came to San Antonio in March 2003, I was, of course member of SpursReport, dating from 2000 I believe.

Prior to the trip I e-mailed Dusty many times asking for assistance with contacts in the Spurs organisation who could maybe make cool things happen for me (like meeting David Robinson in particular) since I was coming from halfway around the world and had good tickets to 10 games, and he never replied once. The Spurs PR people promised the world but never delivered. My story eventually got picked up by the local media, which was interesting, but nothing came of that either... anyway, I digress.

However, I was in contact with LadySpur. She and her friend (I am embarrassed to admit I have forgotten her name because she was very nice) gave me a lift to the first of my games when I got to SA, and we had a ball! They were lovely and really helped me adjust to SA for the first week I was there. I was staying at a very shitty hotel, and they helped to find me a better place right next to the Oak Hills Tavern, where I went on to meet a whole bunch of amazing people, including some of you who are now STers, which of course I am proud to be.

Anyway, although maybe that message board has turned into a Nazi place, you shouldn't be too harsh on the people. They showed me me kindness when I needed it, just as STers have. Let's not forget that people's internet personas do not necessarily represent them fairly in the real world.

Kori Ellis
11-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Ruff, I think the second person you are talking about is Charlie (SpurStalker).

There are bunch of cool people at SpursReport (or at least they used to be cool - I only talk to a handful of them now). Though several of them created a lot of unneccesary drama and there's a group of them who "hate" me (their word), I don't regret posting there or anything. After all, I met LJ there.

And those times when we were part of their board and it was extremely active was awesome. The content there used to be great and the family atmosphere was terrific. Some people got ban happy. Some of it got ugly. And others got downright evil and took things into real life (not just on the 'net).

In the end, I wish them all the success in the world - particularly Dusty. He encouraged me a lot in sports writing, and was a very good friend to me back in the day when I lived in L.A. Things changed for some reason I will never understand, I guess. But I still wish him and everyone else there a great deal of happiness and success.

Tons of people post at both boards and I can understand why.

jman3000
11-22-2007, 02:17 AM
i posted there around 02-03 ... didnt really like it.. .lurked here from 04-05 and joined a couple months after we won the ship in 05.

jman3000
11-22-2007, 02:20 AM
do they delete post counts if a user has been inactive for a long period of time?

i just posted something there for the first time in a couple years and it says my join date is june 2005 and my post count is 1... both of which are false.

Mavs08
11-22-2007, 03:03 AM
In fact, they've got 15,000 more members than us, but their game blog tonight has 75 responses to our 311!

On top of that, their "Cantina" (aka Club) has around 16,000 threads, of which at least 10,000 are ladyspur trying to liven up the place...

Its alright, but boring.

Pssssst! Ask Kori , Dizzg is an administrator he can have up to 200 or more screen names if he wants. That's why many screen names where Spur009F,21Man,00DFE,YT009,Spurs989,Duncan909,SDA, MKJUHG,spurs876,

DizzG was never that creative. :lmao

I used to make around 2 to 3 screen names a day to make SR look like we had at least 20 posters in the Cantina back before Kori was a Moderator.

We used to have 16 posters in the main forum 24/7 and we felt like we was kicking ass. After all Jim Romes Smack Chat only had 35 posters 24/7 so we felt we was doing dam good for not having a radio show like Jim Rome.

everywhere me and DizzG went we gave out the links! And Kori had some huge Epic GTGs and before you knew it SR was the shit! Even WOAI later Merged to try and suck up the traffic part of the Gorilla's and Clear channels new SEnergy project.

But we all know how that went. :lmao

Anyway try Emailing or PM'ng one of those 200 fake screen names. and see who replies. I rather have a website with 210 "Real" humans at a than a website with 359 (300 fake) and only 59 of them real posters on line.

So you do the math.

I made a post around 3 weeks ago about this very topic and DizzG went and made all the 9876YH and Spurs232 screen names Guest! :lmao

grindmouse
11-22-2007, 03:10 AM

What do you think? :lmao

Dude they Banned me over 5 times so you do the math! You think DizzG is not going to think if he bans Blizz and 5 minutes later Bizz2 returns to the site his light bulb won't go off?

DizzG is an old school wannabe hacker like myself he knows all the tricks he was once a Troll himself. He still has a screen name or 20 floating around.

I see him sometimes at RTT TOT and T1B. If you want back in that bad? shake off the dust and go to Kinkos or the Library and create a another Email and wait a few days till he approves of you signing back up and then post from any other location than the one you was banned at.

Good Luck!

:wakeup

XMas TRoLL
11-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Tell your MomBear Merry XMas!

ROFL
11-22-2007, 05:45 AM
I wonder if like Kori deals with other Mods in any way. I don;t think that any mod is a bigger schmuck than the dude from the Suns website. He bans people just for posting Spurs stuff up there. :lol

:lmao

Mulchie
11-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Your only Hot for awhile and then they forget about you!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Kori, it was Charlie, thanks. :)

Nice post too, I agree with what you said and I never had to deal with the real world evil/ugly behaviour, which is such a sad thing to behold and must've been really disturbing.

Also, my post was in no way a reprimand to anyone here or a justification of bad behaviour in the real world by anyone, I was just remembering the good times. :)

It's sad the way things turn out sometimes, but look what was born out of the split - this amazing community. :tu

SequSpur
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I wish everyone the best, but they all can still suck my balls. :spin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I wish everyone the best, but they all can still suck my balls. :spin

What a surprise! :lmao

I remember chatting with you in the courtyard outside the Oak Hills Tavern at my farewell. It had turned cold, and there was a fire. I was in poor form, sort of dazed by the whole amazing month in SA and the fact that it was coming to an end, but you were good company. :)

tlongII
11-22-2007, 09:54 PM
What a surprise! :lmao

I remember chatting with you in the courtyard outside the Oak Hills Tavern at my farewell. It had turned cold, and there was a fire. I was in poor form, sort of dazed by the whole amazing month in SA and the fact that it was coming to an end, but you were good company. :)

That sounds gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2007, 10:11 PM
That sounds gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

...says the guy with the lamb for a spur! :lmao

Well, his wife was also chatting with me, and I doubt that any of us are homosexual (I can only speak for myself, although the fact they were married suggests heterosexuality), but there you go.

BTW, how bad are Roy's knees? Are you concerned as a Blazers fan? I ask that not to piss you off but because I'm interested in the Blazers' youth movement.

tlongII
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
...says the guy with the lamb for a spur! :lmao

Well, his wife was also chatting with me, and I doubt that any of us are homosexual (I can only speak for myself, although the fact they were married suggests heterosexuality), but there you go.

BTW, how bad are Roy's knees? Are you concerned as a Blazers fan? I ask that not to piss you off but because I'm interested in the Blazers' youth movement.

SequSpur's wife might be just a clever bit of deception on his part. One never knows.

Roy's knees are fine. They've always been fine.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Really? My bad. What was his big injury last year? What about Aldridge?

I was just reading Simmons and he was saying positive things about the Blazers but that he was worried that two of your three main guys had bad knees.

I'm really looking forward to watching your team circa 2010.

tlongII
11-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Really? My bad. What was his big injury last year? What about Aldridge?

I was just reading Simmons and he was saying positive things about the Blazers but that he was worried that two of your three main guys had bad knees.

I'm really looking forward to watching your team circa 2010.

Roy has a problem with his heel. Apparently he has an oversized Talus bone. He might have surgery after the season to shave it down so it doesn't impinge the nerve in that part of his foot. Aldridge had tachycardia which was fixed by cauterizing some nerves on his heart.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Roy has a problem with his heel. Apparently he has an oversized Talus bone. He might have surgery after the season to shave it down so it doesn't impinge the nerve in that part of his foot. Aldridge had tachycardia which was fixed by cauterizing some nerves on his heart.

Hmmm, who was the second player with knee problems Simmons was referring to I wonder? Maybe he just got it wrong.

tlongII
11-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Hmmm, who was the second player with knee problems Simmons was referring to I wonder? Maybe he just got it wrong.

You probably referring to Greg Oden.

SRJ
11-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I didn't have any problems with SR - it had some great posters and some bad, just like here. The trolling here is much more creative and funny than at SR.

The heavy-handedness of the moderators was getting a bit out of hand. I once came face to face with it when I posted a topic in The Cantina which I thought was worthy of discussion and was disappointed when it kept getting pushed off the page by spam threads. So, in the forum regarding suggestions for the site, I recommended starting a separate "Spam Forum" for spam threads. The response I received from one moderator was appropriate to a suggestion that said moderator take a flying leap into a flaming sack of donkey cocks. She (or he) took my suggestion far more personally than was warranted.

I stayed around after that, but left for a reason that had nothing to do with the site; I'm glad ST is around to properly satisfy my Spurs jones.