PDA

View Full Version : Early Big 12 Standings...

SrA Husker
11-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Big 12 Standings

Big 12 All
Baylor 0-0 4-0
Nebraska 0-0 3-0
Kansas 0-0 3-0
Kansas State 0-0 3-0
Texas 0-0 3-0
Texas A&M 0-0 3-0
Missouri 0-0 4-1
Oklahoma 0-0 4-1
Texas Tech 0-0 2-1
Colorado 0-0 3-2
Iowa State 0-0 2-2
Oklahoma State 0-0 2-2

Oklahoma State sure did not look impressive tonight.

Weekend schedule...

WEDNESDAY
6:00 Texas A&M vs Washington New York, New York
7:00 Northern Arizona at Kansas Lawrence, Kansas Full Court
7:00 Moorehead State at Oklahoma Norman, Oklahoma Full Court
TBA Oklahoma State vs TBD Maui, Hawaii

THURSDAY
8:00 Texas Tech vs Alaska Anchorage Anchorage, Alaska ESPN360
8:00 Kansas State vs George Mason Orlando, Florida ESPN2

FRIDAY
5:00 Texas Tech vs WKU/Gonzaga Anchorage, Alaska ESPN360
6:00 Texas vs New Mexico State Newark, New Jersey Versus
TBA Texas A&M vs Ohio St/Syracuse New York, New York ESPN2
TBA Kansas State vs UCF/Villanova Orlando, Florida ESPN2/ESPNU

SATURDAY
1:00 Nebraska at Creighton Omaha, Nebraska KMTV
7:00 Centenary at Baylor Waco, Texas

SUNDAY
1:00 Western Illinois at Missouri Columbia, Missouri Full Court
7:00 Arizona at Kansas Lawrence, Kansas ESPN
TBA Kansas State vs TBD Orlando, Florida

MajorMike
11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah, we got issues. We are starting 2 true freshmen (altho Anderson is a complete stud) and a true Sophmore with little experience (Obi went down early last season with a broken leg) and don't have a true PG because Eaton is too fat.

Jimcs50
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Aggies get first test of the season tonight in the NIT against undefeated Washington and their stud forward Brockman. Hopefully the Aggies can improve on their defense, and FT shooting which has not been up to their potential.

Their next 4 games are going to be very very tough. Washington, Ohio St or Syracuse, Alabama, and Arizona, so they better get their asses in gear quickly.

Jimcs50
11-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Aggies vs Ohio State tomorrow night in championship game!!!

Should be a good game, look for Carter to have a better shooting game, and hopefullly the Aggies can improve on their 50% FT shooting from last night.

PS Jordan is a stud......but 0-6 from the FT line last night is horrible....he makes Shaq look like Nash. This will not cut it in Big 12 play....he has to get his confidence going.

Horry For 3!
11-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Aggies vs Ohio State tomorrow night in championship game!!!

Should be a good game, look for Carter to have a better shooting game, and hopefullly the Aggies can improve on their 50% FT shooting from last night.

PS Jordan is a stud......but 0-6 from the FT line last night is horrible....he makes Shaq look like Nash. This will not cut it in Big 12 play....he has to get his confidence going.
DeAndre Jordan for sure needs to work on his free throw shooting. I have him in the ST Dynasty Basketball League so I always keep up with all his stats and he is horrible at the ft line.

SrA Husker
11-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Kansas State looked just AWFUL tonight against George Mason, losing by a dozen or so at Disney World to George Mason. If anything were to happen (which I hope doesn't) to Beasley, I don't think the cats would win more than 5 conference games.

There are now just 5 conference teams that have not entered the loss column, though all 5 will face a team within their next two games that received at least one vote in the current AP Poll.

(Baylor vs #9 Washington State; Kansas vs RV Arizona; Nebraska vs RV Creighton; Texas vs #7 Tennessee or RV West Virginia; Texas A&M vs RV Ohio State)

K-State Spur
11-23-2007, 12:20 AM
don't forget that Hoskins is out right now.

When 6 of your top 8 rotation players are newcomers (and 5 are frosh), games like this are to be expected.

SrA Husker
11-23-2007, 12:29 AM
don't forget that Hoskins is out right now.

When 6 of your top 8 rotation players are newcomers (and 5 are frosh), games like this are to be expected.

To me, the game showed that KSU relies too much this year on Beasley - and the fate of your team sits with his health. The 4 other Frosh making up half the rotation just prove the point.

That said, I would of killed for a player like Beasley last year (or this year, or any year) for Nebraska.

K-State Spur
11-23-2007, 12:34 AM
beasley is going to be the number 1 option - there's only a handful of teams in the country where that wouldn't be the case.

however, Hoskins will command a lot of touches when he gets back. he was one of the most consistent players in the conference last year.

and Walker - who didn't come to play tonight at all - should provide much more as he gets more comfortable coming back from that injury. (If he doesn't, then it could be a tougher season. But I'll put my money in favor of the future lottery pick.)

dallaskd
11-23-2007, 04:51 PM
damn we lost. beasley is looking beastly for us this season though.

SrA Husker
11-23-2007, 10:09 PM
KSU just barely escaped Central Florida, winning 73-71 in OT. Beasley had 30 and once again led the team just about single-handidly

K-State Spur
11-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Well, obviously the problems of young players and inexperience aren't going to get fixed in one night.

RonMexico
11-24-2007, 05:15 PM
CaptMike excuses thread...

SrA Husker
11-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Nebraska lost at Creighton earlier today. Got blown out and was down 27 at halftime, but battled back in the second and pulled it within 9 points at one point in time with 7 minutes left. A tough loss, but one that the team can really learn from and hopefully will help improve the team. A really hostile crowd for such a young team, facing a big in-state rival in their own house for the very first game away from Lincoln.

K-State Spur
11-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Perspective is certainly an interesting thing.

KSU loses to a George Mason team that is a trendy pick to be "this year's George Mason":

Kansas State looked just AWFUL tonight against George Mason

UNL gets beat by a good Creighton club:

A tough loss, but one that the team can really learn from and hopefully will help improve the team. A really hostile crowd for such a young team, facing a big in-state rival in their own house for the very first game away from Lincoln.

SrA Husker
11-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Perspective is certainly an interesting thing.

KSU loses to a George Mason team that is a trendy pick to be "this year's George Mason":

UNL gets beat by a good Creighton club:

Even though I didn't say "AWFUL" i thought that was kind of implied by saying they were down 27 at half.

Also, they battled back and dominated the second half, though it wasn't enough to make up for not showing up in the first half. KSU was down against George Mason the entire game pretty steadily.

And noting the location is a big deal, too. A lot different facing what is your biggest basketball rival in their house in front of 17,000 people... and playing in an empty arena at disney world against a team that you might play once or twice a decade.

K-State Spur
11-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't want to start comparing losses to mid-majors, but the Cats did cut it to 6 for a short stretch at about the 8 minute mark in the second half.