PDA

View Full Version : NBA TV question

samikeyp
11-21-2007, 10:21 AM
How do they choose the announcers? I watched the Spurs-Lakers game and last nights game and they both had the opponents announce team. Is there are pattern or is it random?

BTW, the Hawks announce team had Steve Smith as the color analyst, it was good to hear him! He and the play-by-play guy were enthusiastic about the Hawks but respectful and complementary of the Spurs. It was a nice balance which was a huge difference from Joel Myers and his verbal fellatio of Kobe Bryant.

duncan228
11-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure about NBA TV. I'm beginning to think it's always the home teams call but I'm not sure.

League Pass is even more frustrating. There's no rhyme or reason that I can figure out as to what call we get. I would be happy if it was always one, home or away. But it varies. I watch every Spurs game but I don't think I get Spurs call for even a third of them.

robino2001
11-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I remember it was the Lakers call for that game because it was nice to hear Joel Meyers again... so I've seen both home and away feeds. Maybe they just try and make it equal across the teams somehow?

I didn't realize last nights game was on NBA-TV now that I've found the buried SA FSSW feed on directv.

sa_kid20
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
i thinks its just random

urunobili
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
NBATV ALWAYS gives you the visiting team announcers. also... for foreign countries.. they game they broadcast are different... :depressed

samikeyp
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
NBATV ALWAYS gives you the visiting team announcers.

Last night the Spurs were the visiting team and they used the Hawks announcers.