PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons' Western Conference Preview

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071121&sportCat=nba

I'm only going to post his preview of the Mavs because 1) I'm a Mav fan, and 2) his analysis of the Mavs is hilarious. Bill Simmons is fun to read but this type of crap is why people hate him.

3. DALLAS MAVERICKS
Preseason prediction: 57 wins (second)
Revised prediction: 54 wins

If this was being written last week, I would have done my routine about Dirk's bizarre summer in Australia (why didn't we make a bigger deal about the battle-worn MVP fleeing to another continent and possibly having a Chappelle-like breakdown?) and Dallas' stubborn refusal to overhaul a 64-win team that flopped so memorably against an eighth-seed. But after watching them for a third week, I think they're OK. The thing is, they DID tweak the team, only the changes were subtle: Jason Terry comes off the bench now (where he has been thriving); DeSagana Diop plays more minutes; and the valuable Brandon Bass gives them much-needed flexibility against quicker lineups.

(Quick aside on Bass: I'll never forgive Marc Stein for not warning me before the season that the Mavs had a rookie who solved most of their matchup problems from the G-State series. Steiny Mo lives in Dallas, he's hooked in with the team, he has access to every one of Cuban's 35 e-mail addresses ... and he couldn't have sent me a courtesy heads-up about their sleeper rookie? So that's how it works?)

The question remains: Can you win a title when Dirk is your best player? Probably not. But they match up beautifully with Duncan and the Spurs, and if they can just make it through the first two rounds without playing the Suns, and if they can play the Spurs in the Western finals ...

Reason No. 12,821 why I love the NBA: Every Golden State-Dallas game. Have you noticed the number of hyper-competitive regular-season games seems to be increasing? Mavs-Warriors, Lakers-Suns, Spurs-Suns, Cavs-Pistons, Mavs-Suns, Spurs-Mavs, Cavs-Heat, Suns-Warriors, every relatively important Celtics game (they played two ferocious contests against Miami and Orlando just last weekend) ... at least two or three times a week, I've been watching an NBA game and thinking, "Man, those guys are playing HARD" instead of things like "Wow, these guys are mailing it in" and "Wait, is he stoned???" I think we're moving in the right direction.

------------------------------

1. Dirk was only gone for about a month. No other NBA player went on vacation in the offseason?

2. 67 win team

3. Bass isn't a rookie

Way to do research, BS. Any errors I missed?

stretch
11-21-2007, 12:33 PM
He has some fun articles to read, but he is very inconsistent with what he says as well. He's a terrible analyst as well.

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Way to do research, BS. Any errors I missed?

I wouldn't call it an error, but Simmons' prediction that the Suns will be at least 7 games better than everyone in the West strikes me as pretty typical Simmons BS.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't call it an error, but Simmons' prediction that the Suns will be at least 7 games better than everyone in the West strikes me as pretty typical Simmons BS.
yeah that's definitely his odd Suns-loving BS.

I also don't get how he originally predicted a 57 win season for the Mavs but was really worried about their psyche and such.....and in this preview he says "they're just fine" but revised their win total to 54.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Got to love the respect the boys in purple and orange get.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
What respect? He predicted a Spurs championship.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM

It's article on the Mavs.

Findog
11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
1. Dirk was only gone for about a month. No other NBA player went on vacation in the offseason?

He's doing schtick. He wants to make that Chappelle joke no matter how forced or strained it is. Dirk will be fine, he's the kind of guy who always dusts himself off and gets back up off the canvas. You can question his physical toughness, but you can't question his commitment, desire or heart.

Findog
11-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Uh oh, looks like Simmons finally gagged on that purple and orange semen:

It's a great regular-season team and a dubious playoff contender -- the league keeps getting better and they keep going sideways because they've been so desperate to avoid the luxury tax and keep selling off draft picks.

Findog
11-21-2007, 12:48 PM
It's article on the Mavs.

In fairness to da_smegma_fan, mono just highlighted the Mavs portion of the entire Western Preview.

stretch
11-21-2007, 01:00 PM
What respect? He predicted a Spurs championship.
:lol

Walter Craparita
11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
"Yeah, Duncan was good, but if KG had his supporting cast, he would have won seven titles!" arguments? Just the chance that we might settle this once and for all makes me happy. I love when things get settled. You know, kinda like how the "Brady vs. Manning" argument was settled over these past 11 weeks.

lmmfao.

stretch
11-21-2007, 01:05 PM
lmmfao.
lol, yea. the dude is such a freakin homer, its not even funny.

in the past, it was all about the playoffs. now suddenly only 11 regular season games is what matters between the two? such a freakin moron... a walking contradiction.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:10 PM
lol, yea. the dude is such a freakin homer, its not even funny.

in the past, it was all about the playoffs. now suddenly only 11 regular season games is what matters between the two? such a freakin moron... a walking contradiction.
um, if you're talking brady/manning....brady has already proven his playoff superiority to peyton manning. there was no need to settle that part of it. brady's playoff history is far more impressive than manning's. the only argument Manning fans had is that he put up better numbers. Looks like that aspect of the argument is out the window too.

Findog
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
yeah that's definitely his odd Suns-loving BS.

I also don't get how he originally predicted a 57 win season for the Mavs but was really worried about their psyche and such.....and in this preview he says "they're just fine" but revised their win total to 54.

What, you expected logic from Bill Simmons???

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
and, not to sound like SpursDynasty, but let's please keep this basketball related. I'm growing really tired of all the irrational Patriot hate and would rather not see it in this thread. i'm done talking brady/manning.

Findog
11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
and, not to sound like SpursDynasty, but let's please keep this basketball related. I'm growing really tired of all the irrational Patriot hate and would rather not see it in this thread. i'm done talking brady/manning.

After his initial preview that had Dallas behind both Utah and Denver, as well as his "hating" on them in his podcast last week, I was surprised by how eminently fair he was in this article. Nothing I can really trifle or argue with, other than his bizarre and irrelevant digression on Dirk's Australia trip and not knowing Bass is a third-year player.

If you're looking for props or respect, Mav fan, the Basketball Jones have the Mavs at #1 in their new power rankings. Not that power ratings mean anything...

stretch
11-21-2007, 01:18 PM
um, if you're talking brady/manning....brady has already proven his playoff superiority to peyton manning. there was no need to settle that part of it. brady's playoff history is far more impressive than manning's. the only argument Manning fans had is that he put up better numbers. Looks like that aspect of the argument is out the window too.
Brady also had way better teams...

And one season doesn't make him a better passer. Again, his throws downfield are consistently poor, but Moss grabs them out of the sky, thus no one really notices how bad the throws really are. Among the all-time elite QB's, Brady is BY FAR the worst deep ball thrower.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Brady also had way better teams...

And one season doesn't make him a better passer. Again, his throws downfield are consistently poor, but Moss grabs them out of the sky, thus no one really notices how bad the throws really are. Among the all-time elite QB's, Brady is BY FAR the worst deep ball thrower.
that's great.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Interesting how Simmons chooses to say nothing about the Spurs but instead references an article where he says nothing about the Spurs (read it).

I think he learned his lesson when wrote that article about Duncan.
he predicted the Spurs would be champions again. what are your thoughts on that?

if anything, i think he learned his lesson from calling the Suns "historically good" halfway through the regular season last year. He'll know never to back up the Suns like that ever again.

Findog
11-21-2007, 01:25 PM
he predicted the Spurs would be champions again. what are your thoughts on that?

Looks like da_suns_fan is too ashamed to let that post stand. I guess Simmons learned his lesson after that 8,500 word blow job last year.

Print this out dsf. One to read, one to soil:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070117

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Looks like da_suns_fan is too ashamed to let that post stand.
Yea I read mono's post and was like 'who the fuck are you talking to'? :lol

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Looks like da_suns_fan is too ashamed to let that post stand. I guess Simmons learned his lesson after that 8,500 word blow job last year.

Print this out dsf. One to read, one to soil:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070117

That really was a great read. :clap

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I won't quote you on this one, that way you have time to delete it before everyone sees it.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:34 PM

if anything, i think he learned his lesson from calling the Suns "historically good" halfway through the regular season last year. He'll know never to back up the Suns like that ever again.

Well the Spurs definately have a great chance at repeating...as good as anyone.

But that would be disasterous for the league. Look at how much Bill goes out of his way NOT to write about the Spurs TWICE! :lol

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:35 PM
My posts are so great, even the deleted ones get tons of attention.

Findog
That really was a great read. :clap

It's hilarious. I believe this is what the Sports Guy likes to call unintentional comedy:

I watch all of their games. I rewind plays to see what they're doing and how they're doing it. I learn about basketball from them. I revel in their splendidry, and I don't even think splendidry is a word. They're the most consistently entertaining basketball team in 20 years. They have a chance to be historically good. You could be bouncing your grandkids on your lap someday and telling them that you watched the 2007 Suns.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

you need to follow the Suns. They're sniffing at true greatness...Now the Suns are approaching that hallowed level and I never thought we'd see something like that again

They're a juggernaut with a terrific coach and no real holes other than a thin bench.

monosylab1k
My posts suck a bag of dicks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:36 PM
:lmao

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
that has to be the most failed article he's ever written. maybe of any sports writer in history.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:38 PM
My posts are so great, even the deleted ones get tons of attention.
Anyone can delete a post and still get attention because of it.

Findog
The Suns put Jesus Christ on that fuckin' Cross and still went to Heaven.

/Bill Simmons

da_suns_fan__
It's hilarious. I believe this is what the Sports Guy likes to call unintentional comedy:

Jealousy shows its ugly head.

I remember when this article first came out and the Mavs fans (led by Ponky) had a shit-fit over it.

As you can see, they're STILL angry!!

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:40 PM

I remember when this article first came out and the Mavs fans (led by Ponky) had a shit-fit over it.

No it's just fucking hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllarious now because he compared the SOns to the greatest teams of all time halfway through the regular season only for them to get hip-checked the fuck out of the second round.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 01:40 PM

The Suns should print that article out on a banner, and raise it next to the TV ratings and power rankings banners.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:41 PM

Link to ponky's post in this thread?

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:41 PM
In case anyone forgot:

http://myespn.go.com/profile/truehoop?archiveId=24&entryId=72

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Last I checked, laughter was a sign of amusement, not anger. When directed at you, da_stupid_fuck, it is specifically derisive, scornful, and mocking amusement. The kind you get from seeing someone you hate fall down a flight of stairs. Or the kind you get from seeing Suns fans bitch about last season while savoring their ratings title.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Its not just Simmons.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Link to ponky's post in this thread?

Wow, thats two days in a row where you just don't get it.

Here's some advice elliot fan. GO TO SCHOOL! An education is something that no one can take away from you.

Findog
11-21-2007, 01:43 PM

I think you confuse anger with being delirious with laughter. That article is more dated than an Encyclopedia Brittanica entry on the Soviet Union.

Were the Suns one of the elite teams last year? Hell yes they were. Were they approaching "hallowed ground" and worthy of a hagiography? Fuck no. That article is pretty much a microcosm of the Suns: all hype and not enough substance.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Here's some advice elliot fan. GO TO SCHOOL! An education is something that no one can take away from you.
capitalize your O, motherfucker. btw, if he insists on questioning the intelligence of others, check out how da_suns_fan spells "definitely".

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
capitalize your O, motherfucker. btw, if he insists on questioning the intelligence of others, check out how da_suns_fan spells "definitely".
What, badly?

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:46 PM
No....but Stern definatley did.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:46 PM

You specifically pointed out Ponky, and said they were still "angry" about it.

Still waiting on that link...

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I think you confuse anger with being delirious with laughter. That article is more dated than an Encyclopedia Brittanica entry on the Soviet Union.

Were the Suns one of the elite teams last year? Hell yes they were. Were they approaching "hallowed ground" and worthy of a hagiography? Fuck no. That article is pretty much a microcosm of the Suns: all hype and not enough substance.

:lol :lol :lol

Ponky? Is that you?

Maybe you should remind us how "Mary" from MavsTalk rebuffed this article already!!!

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:49 PM
You specifically pointed out Ponky, and said they were still "angry" about it.

Still waiting on that link...

There are good schools in Arizona. You should check them out. Out of state tuition is reasonable.

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 01:50 PM
There are good schools in Arizona. You should check them out. Out of state tuition is reasonable.
Where'd you go to school then?

stretch
11-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Anyone can delete a post and still get attention because of it.
spurscenter did. but his attention wasn't the good kind.

Findog

Ponky? Is that you?

No.

Maybe you should remind us how "Mary" from MavsTalk rebuffed this article already!!!

Never have done anything other than lurk a couple times at that piece of shit site.

The Lone Mavs Forum is my homer board:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/lmf?forum=5874

Mr.Bottomtooth
Or maybe you can make a decent response. Here's a hint: Try saying something that actually pertains with the quote.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 01:52 PM
"definatley" a community college.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Arizona State.

You should go. Not to ASU, specifically, but to anywhere. Im sure there are plenty of great schools near Chicago.

stretch
11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
In case anyone forgot:

http://myespn.go.com/profile/truehoop?archiveId=24&entryId=72

http://www.nba.com/finals2007/

How many websites to the Suns have devoted solely to any title that they have ever won?

monosylab1k
Arizona State For The Definatley Mentally Handicapped

Mr.Bottomtooth
spurscenter did. but his attention wasn't the good kind.
But that thread did get high ratings by us. And since da_suns_fan__ is all about ratings...

Findog
Amare is taking history classes at Arizona State. Shouldn't be too hard to get in.

monosylab1k
Amare is taking history classes at Arizona State. Shouldn't be too hard to get in.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Reggie Miller
11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
The funny part to me is that "historically good" actually communicates nothing.

Are they good, but in a historical way, sort of like Shelby Foote or James Michener? Have they been good throughout their history, sort of like the Dodgers or Yankees? Are they good when compared to other teams in the history of the NBA? Are they good, but only when compared to older teams? The statement is a nullity.

Mister Sinister
Arizona State.

You should go. Not to ASU, specifically, but to anywhere. Im sure there are plenty of great schools near Chicago.
Hmm. If you went to ASU, it must be the exception to the "Arizona has good schools" rule.

stretch
Arizona State.

Is that where you learned to capitalize your "O"s?

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
But that thread did get high ratings by us. And since da_suns_fan__ is all about ratings...
spurscenter put up a banner in his garage.

Findog
11-21-2007, 01:57 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2321/2052603419_e37a66543b_o.jpg

Does this look like an NFL quarterback or the star of the seminal mid-seventies classic "Ass Addiction Volume Two"?

GO SUN DEVILS!

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM

Im not "all about ratings", junior. I just like to point at that the Spurs don't get any and it has nothing to do with market sizes.

Hmmm....so youre a sophomore in high school, correct? One day, you'll be a big boy and people will "respect" you on this message board.

btw - Why aren't you in class? Are you a DROPOUT?!!!

Holy Shit. You've started around ten different threads today!!!

Why aren't you in school?

Get to class! Only LOSERS dropout (Im being completely serious here).

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
da_suns_fan__ =

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/peter.jpg

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Im not "all about ratings", junior. I just like to point at that the Spurs don't get any and it has nothing to do with market sizes.

Hmmm....so youre a sophomore in high school, correct? One day, you'll be a big boy and people will "respect" you on this message board.

Wasn't Bill Gates a dropout?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Why? What grudge do you have against them?

We got the week off dumbshit.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:00 PM

you're "definatley" the king of self-ownage. don't go around questioning the intelligence of others while sounding like a complete idiot.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:01 PM

This is a complete non-sequitur that NOBODY cares about. Are you autistic?

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Hmm. If you went to ASU, it must be the exception to the "Arizona has good schools" rule.

Make jokes all you want, but I hope you are pursuing a higher education.

Now, back to Simmons and the Suns.

Grant Hill is starting to REALLY play well with the Suns. He's starting to become Nash's target of choice. He's moved in from the three point line to an area where he is just deadly.

Should Simmons re-write his article now that the Suns' "Big Six" are now the Suns' "Big Seven"?

1. Nash
2. Amare
3. Marion
4. Bell
5. Barbosa
6. Diaw
7. Hill

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Grant Hill is starting to REALLY play well with the Suns. He's starting to become Nash's target of choice. He's moved in from the three point line to an area where he is just deadly.

Should Simmons re-write his article now that the Suns' "Big Six" or are the Suns' "Big Seven"?

1. Nash
2. Amare
3. Marion
4. Bell
5. Barbosa
6. Diaw
7. Hill
Graduating high school without sucking the superintendent's dick, would be a higher education than yours.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
This is a complete non-sequitur that NOBODY cares about. Are you autistic?
it's "definatley" a possibility.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Why? What grudge do you have against them?

We got the week off dumbshit.

Oh...

*WHEW*

Well don't let me catch you posting around hear mid day once school starts up again.

Although Im a little cynical about a school getting an entire week off for Thanksgiving.

A week? Really?

What ever it is that youre covering up, ElliotFan, it can't be worse than being a liar.

Tell the truth. Why aren't you at school?

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Should Simmons re-write his article now that the Suns' "Big Six" or are the Suns' "Big Seven"?

1. Nash
2. Amare
3. Marion
4. Bell
5. Barbosa
6. Diaw
7. Hill
Uh-oh, looks like this year the Suns are going to focus on scoring! The other contenders are quaking with fear!

Walter Craparita
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM

1. Nash
2. Amare
3. Marion
4. Bell
5. Barbosa
6. Diaw
7. Hill

I can't wait till the first game to see how this matches up.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM

And before last night where he was plagued with foul trouble because he's a shitty defender like all of his teammates sans Marion, he was second on the team in minutes with 36 per game. We haven't even made it to Thanksgiving.

1. Nash
2. Amare
3. Marion
4. Bell
5. Barbosa
6. Diaw
7. Hill

I think he's learned his lesson. I think if he rewrote that article now, it would be along the lines of the Suns are a potent offensive team that cause matchup problems for most teams, but D'Antoni is stubborn and somehow expects his team to last 100 games with a 7-man rotation. Skinner is 8th on the team in minutes with 11 per game. His bench is Diaw and Barbosa and literally nothing else.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I haven't been this afraid of the Suns since they had Quentin Richardson!

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
it's "definatley" a possibility.

Definatley.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh...

*WHEW*

Well don't let me catch you posting around hear mid day once school starts up again.

And if so, what will happen? Are you gonna spend all your time trying to figure out which one am I through the thousands that go to my school? Grow up, son.

Although Im a little cynical about a school getting an entire week off for Thanksgiving.

A week? Really?

What ever it is that youre covering up, ElliotFan, it can't be worse than being a liar.

Tell the truth. Why aren't you at school?

:lol You're such a pussy.

Here's my school's website so you can see for yourself, stupid.

http://spweb.sfdr-cisd.org/Pages/default.aspx

News and Information

Thanksgiving Break
The district will be closed the week of November 19 - 23, 2007 for the Thanksgiving Holidays.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:12 PM
ElliotFan

And add your second t, motherfucker.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:12 PM
And if so, what will happen? Are you gonna spend all your time trying to figure out which one am I through the thousands that go to my school? Grow up, son.

:lol You're such a pussy.

Here's my school's website so you can see for yourself, stupid.

http://spweb.sfdr-cisd.org/Pages/default.aspx

HOLY SHIT! A WEEK OFF FOR THANKSGIVING?!!!

No wonder you guys are so fat! :lol :lol :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:13 PM
HOLY SHIT! A WEEK OFF FOR THANKSGIVING?!!!

No wonder you guys are so fat! :lol :lol :lol
:lmao That's all you got to say?!?

Total ownage. :smokin

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:14 PM

So much for that Arizona State education. He can't match wits with a (I'm assuming) high schooler.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I haven't been this afraid of the Suns since they had Quentin Richardson!

Well, we all know how much losing Joe Johnson (thanks for nothing Stackhouse) hurt the Suns.

That team was deadly.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, we all know how much losing Joe Johnson (thanks for nothing Stackhouse) hurt the Suns.

That team was deadly.

Joe Johnson wasn't worth three wins against the Spurs. Maybe you guys could've stretched it to six games, but that's about it.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM

That team was deadly.
Did the Suns raise a would-shoulda-coulda banner for 2005 as well? Did they win the ratings championship that season?

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Joe Johnson wasn't worth three wins against the Spurs. Maybe you guys could've stretched it to six games, but that's about it.
Nonsense. The Atlanta Hawks have been a perennial contender in the East since his arrival. He's at least as great a player as Derek Anderson was.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Just stay in school, junior. Its your best move. :lol

No ditching. :nope

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
So much for that Arizona State education.

The only thing that I will give Arizona (not Arizona State) University education thanks for is none other than:

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wp0405_elliott_1024.jpg

He can't match wits with a (I'm assuming) high schooler.
Yes, you are correct.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:21 PM
As much fun as a d_s_f thrashing is, to get back to hoops, does anybody here like what the Mavs are doing with Dirk as a facillitator operating out of the low-post at times? His assist totals are up, he seems to be doing a better job of anticipating where the double teams are coming from and making better passes.

Also, at the risk of sounding like Hollinger, I have my own crude metric to measure productivity. It doesn't capture nearly everything, so I've found it's pretty limited for some things (Bowen doesn't score well on it), but pretty much every one of our rotation guys are more productive than they were last year, with the exception of Dirk and Stackhouse. And when you look at our likely 8-man rotation for the playoffs, we've swapped out a useless piece of junk (Buckner) for a real PF (Bass) that can bang. Any thoughts?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Just stay in school, junior. Its your best move. :lol
Your best move would be to get out of this thread IMMEDIATELY. Sorry we didn't warn you about the possible ownage earlier. :smokin

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Nonsense. The Atlanta Hawks have been a perennial contender in the East since his arrival. He's at least as great a player as Derek Anderson was.

I actually like him a lot, but you look at the talent they have around him now, and he can't do better than 3-7 in the East? Losing at home to the Sonics?

Maybe you do have to question a guy and what he's all about when he'd rather score 25 ppg for a loser than be a 17 ppg 4th banana for a winner.

Extra Stout
11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
As much fun as a d_s_f thrashing is, to get back to hoops, does anybody here like what the Mavs are doing with Dirk as a facillitator operating out of the low-post at times? His assist totals are up, he seems to be doing a better job of anticipating where the double teams are coming from and making better passes.

Also, at the risk of sounding like Hollinger, I have my own crude metric to measure productivity. It doesn't capture nearly everything, so I've found it's pretty limited for some things (Bowen doesn't score well on it), but pretty much every one of our rotation guys are more productive than they were last year, with the exception of Dirk and Stackhouse. And when you look at our likely 8-man rotation for the playoffs, we've swapped out a useless piece of junk (Buckner) for a real PF that can bang. Any thoughts?
The Mavs should be considered the favorites to come out of the West, if only they can avoid choking again.

dirk4mvp
11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Goddamn. How many times does it take da suns fan to get owned by a 14 year old kid to realize he needs to stop posting?

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Goddamn. How many times does it take da suns fan to get owned by a 14 year old kid to realize he needs to stop posting?

Lack of shame. I wouldn't be surprised if he links to here for the benefit of all his buddies on Arizona Sports Fans.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:25 PM

Just for the record it's 15. :king

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah...that kid owned me by proving that "his" school really was out for all of thanksgiving week.

Im still skeptical. I think he's a dropout.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
The Mavs should be considered the favorites to come out of the West.
I'd say they're tied for the favorites with the Spurs, but still the favorites nonetheless. :tu

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:27 PM
that kid owned me
he "definatley" did.

Findog
Yeah...that kid owned me by proving that "his" school really was out for all of thanksgiving week.

I thought you wanted to get back to basketball. I answered your question about a revised Simmons article but it looks like you'd rather get into a slap fight with ElliottFan over his school schedule.

dirk4mvp

Don't you have to be 17 to drop out?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:29 PM

You'll probably never agree that I am in school still and that is actually my school website, but I agree with you in the bold. :tu

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I'd say they're tied for the favorites with the Spurs, but still the favorites nonetheless. :tu

I think the Mavs have more questions about them than the Spurs, two straight series where we've underachieved. For me, the biggest ? mark for SAS is can they continue to get valuable contributions from Horry, Barry, Finley and Bowen? They play heavy minutes and they're all on the wrong side of 33. I know that's a cliche, but at least for those supporting cast guys, it's a legitimate question.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Don't you have to be 17 to drop out?

Maybe his parents don't care?

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Maybe his parents don't care?...I was just kidding about talking hoops

travis2
11-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I think the Mavs have more questions about them than the Spurs, two straight series where we've underachieved. For me, the biggest ? mark for SAS is can they continue to get valuable contributions from Horry, Barry, Finley and Bowen? They play heavy minutes and they're all on the wrong side of 33. I know that's a cliche, but at least for those supporting cast guys, it's a legitimate question.

Actually, of those 4, only Bowen plays what you would consider "heavy" minutes...and while your concern would normally be valid, Bowen's conditioning has always been phenomenal.

da_suns_fan__
You'll probably never agree that I am in school still and that is actually my school website, but I agree with you in the bold. :tu

Well I've given you some good advice today.

You should thank me.

dirk4mvp
da suns fan reminds me of a girl i saw last night at a jv girls game. She chucked up about 12 3's...hitting a grand total of none.

So no matter how many shots you miss or posts of yours that fail, you just gotta keep tryin.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Maybe his parents don't care?

I want to see some serious discussion here (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2075835&postcount=64)

I do as well but I guess your immaturity will always get the best of you. I'm sorry I didn't know this before. If you had told me maybe I wouldn't have owned you.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Actually, of those 4, only Bowen plays what you would consider "heavy" minutes...and while your concern would normally be valid, Bowen's conditioning has always been phenomenal.

Well, I guess by heavy minutes, 25 or more, although I notice Barry hasn't been getting much burn early on, and Horry hasn't played yet. Is he hurt or what? I'm assuming bc Pop trusts vets more than rookies or second-year players, all of them will see their workload increase for the playoffs. I've noticed that Finley has been sparing you guys to death so far, but he's a spot-up shooter now, and sooner or later he'll get hot.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Well I've given you some good advice today.

You should thank me.
I don't think reminding me that I owned you is considered advice.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't think reminding me that I owned you is considered advice.

Please kid. Im still smiling that you actually posted your school schedule. :lol

When's prom this year?

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Please kid. Im still smiling that you actually posted your school schedule. :lol

When's prom this year?
Holy shit, and I thought *I* was the fag on this board.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Whats the cafeteria serving for lunch next week?

travis2
11-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, I guess by heavy minutes, 25 or more, although I notice Barry hasn't been getting much burn early on, and Horry hasn't played yet. Is he hurt or what? I'm assuming bc Pop trusts vets more than rookies or second-year players, all of them will see their workload increase for the playoffs. I've noticed that Finley has been sparing you guys to death so far, but he's a spot-up shooter now, and sooner or later he'll get hot.

Horry hurt himself after coming back from personal leave, yes. He should be close to being activated.

I don't see Horry or Barry getting even 25 a night on a regular basis. Finley has been getting 24/game so far.

I guess I wouldn't consider consistent playing time "heavy" until it got over 30 minutes...maybe 35. Right now, the only players over 30/game are Duncan (33.0) and Parker (34.8). Bowen is at 28.9 and Manu is at 28.5.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Yeah...that kid owned me by proving that "his" school really was out for all of thanksgiving week

I thought you didn't believe that it was really my school's schedule? Make up your mind, kiddo. I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually younger than me.

When's prom this year?

And you call Texans fat? Get your fatass to drag the mouse to the "schedule" and found out yourself.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Man, this is just sad and desperate. You're trying to make fun of a high schooler now? Simply due to the fact that you're getting bukkaked with ownage in yet another thread. What a little bitch.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:45 PM

I don't wanna talk about basketball anymore. I wanna compare school lunches. Just as soon as I tell my mom about my B- on my special ed. math test.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Man, this is just sad and desperate. You're trying to make fun of a high schooler now? Simply due to the fact that you're getting bukkaked with ownage in yet another thread. What a little bitch.

Nothing against EliottFan, I would've never guessed he was that young, but da_suns_fan is just sad. Unless it's a 16-yr-old Stephen Hawking we're talking about, you should never lose a battle of wits with a teenager.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:46 PM
I thought you didn't believe that it really my school's schedule? Make up your mind, kiddo. I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually younger than me.

And you call Texans fat? Get your fatass to drag the mouse to the "schedule" and found out yourself.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Nothing against EliottFan, I would've never guessed he was that young, but da_suns_fan is just sad. Unless it's a 16-yr-old Stephen Hawking we're talking about, you should never lose a battle of wits with a teenager.
:lol None taken.

God we learned alot today didn't we? Well regarding me, that is. Still same old same old with da_suns_fan__.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:48 PM
At least now I know who to put my money on if I ever get the chance to bet on a battle of wits between an Arizona State grad & a 15 year old.

da_suns_fan__
11-21-2007, 02:48 PM
I thought you didn't believe that it really my school's schedule? Make up your mind, kiddo. I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually younger than me.

Oh man...that made me laugh.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
At least now I know who to put my money on if I ever get the chance to bet on a battle of wits between an Arizona State grad & a 15 year old.
Okay that made me :lmao.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
:lol None taken.

God we learned alot today didn't we? Well regarding me, that is. Still same old same old with da_suns_fan__.

Seriously, I had you pegged as around my age (29.) If I had to guess, mono and stretch are in their mid-to-late twenties as well. I don't know if that says something good about you or something bad about us. :lol

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Jake Plummer, Amare Stoudemire, now da_suns_fan. This aint the Harvard of the Southwest we're talkin' about.

Mr.Bottomtooth

Oh man...that made me laugh.
You're welcome. :spin

Now can we talk basketball??????

da_suns_fan__
Well Texans, Ive enjoyed this morning in spite of how much you all thing I got "owned".

Have a good thanksgiving and I'll see ya next week.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
haha yeah I figured EF was college age. If anything, I was certain that DSF was the 15 year old.

I'm 25 FWIW.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Seriously, I had you pegged as around my age (29.) If I had to guess, mono and stretch are in their mid-to-late twenties as well. I don't know if that says something good about you or something bad about us. :lol
Not to be conceited but I'd say more about me since I'm probably like top 3 if not the smartest person in my school when it comes to sports.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Well Texans, Ive enjoyed this morning in spite of how much you all thing I got "owned".

no need to own you when you own yourself. I'd dust off those ASU textbooks if I were you.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.

Findog
haha yeah I figured EF was college age. If anything, I was certain that DSF was the 15 year old.

I'm 25 FWIW.

Who is to say he really did graduate from that illustrious institute of higher ed in Tempe? He's probably just a wannabe like so many "Longhorns" and "Aggies" around these parts.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:53 PM
no need to own you when you own yourself. I'd dust off those ASU textbooks if I were you.

This is starting to become more epic than the spurscenter thread.

Findog
11-21-2007, 02:54 PM

This is starting to become more epic than the spurscenter thread.

Reading that Simmons article, it made me wonder if he posts here under da_suns_fan. The reasoning and slobbering is pretty much the same.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Reading that Simmons article, it made me wonder if he posts here under da_suns_fan. The reasoning and slobbering is pretty much the same.
You may be on to something here...

dirk4mvp
11-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I can't believe how bad da suns fan is getting regulated in this thread.

dirk4mvp
11-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Elliottfan makes me proud to still be a teenager. :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks. :toast

And your age would be.....?

dirk4mvp
11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
da suns fan makes me proud I'm not going to be educated by an Arizona university as well.

And your age would be.....?

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
:toast Same. 19 here.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
He's probably really obsessed with me because I've only mentioned in my whole existence on SpursTalk that I'm in high school. And that was in a thread in the Club about a month ago.

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
He's probably really obsessed with me because I've only mentioned in my whole existence on SpursTalk that I'm in high school. And that was in a thread in the Club about a month ago.
Could be worse. You could still be getting shit about being bi after mentioning it in the troll forum shortly after registering in July.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Could be worse. You could still be getting shit about being bi after mentioning it in the troll forum shortly after registering in July.
:lol Holy shit.

Mister Sinister
11-21-2007, 03:08 PM
:lol Holy shit.
:lol Oh, yeah. If I were less secure with myself, it might actually bother me.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
The only one that I can assure that will contribute is Bowen. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down at all this season. Horry is the oldest of those mentioned and the one I have concerns for the most, but hopefully he still has some heroics left in him. Barry has a habit of playing well in the regular season and dissappearing in the playoffs. And I don't know what's going on with Finley at all. He's doing good so far this season but I don't know what to expect of him in the playoffs, after he averaged only 3 points a game in the Finals.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I also found this very funny:

Now can we talk basketball??????

I'll see ya next week.

monosylab1k
11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
:lmao nice

Findog
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I love double standards and conjecture. Here's what Simmons had to say about Steve Nash's off-season in that embarassing blow job article:

Here's what happened: When Dallas eliminated Phoenix last spring, Nash probably spent a few weeks mulling over his career and everything that happened. He thought about the two MVP awards, realized he couldn't accomplish anything more other than winning a title, then thought long and hard about how to do it, ultimately cutting off his hair (feel the symbolism, baby!) and getting in the best shape of his life (remember, he wore down the last two springs). Then he showed up for training camp, realized the Marion-Stoudemire soap opera would be an ongoing problem, realized Diaw was woefully out of shape, realized Banks wasn't going to help at all ... and something snapped inside him. Exit, nice Steve Nash. Enter, icy Steve Nash. And he's been playing pissed off ever since. Eventually, everyone else fell in line.

Now, here's his conjecture over Dirk taking a month-long vacation to Australia:

I would have done my routine about Dirk's bizarre summer in Australia (why didn't we make a bigger deal about the battle-worn MVP fleeing to another continent and possibly having a Chappelle-like breakdown?)

Here's his interview with Marc Stein:

Stein: We've been reading German press reports over here about your recent trip Down Under to search for "the meaning of life." Is that what you were actually doing?

Nowitzki: It wasn't really about that. First of all, I always wanted to see Australia. But I really just wanted to get away [after the Golden State series]. Hopefully, our season is never going to be that short again, so this was my chance to get away for a good four or five weeks. It seemed like Australia was the best spot to go. Nobody cares about the MVP down there. It wasn't hard at all [traveling] around. It was great, actually.

Millionaire athlete takes a month-long vacation after his season ends prematurely. Wow, what a shock! Says the early exit gave him plenty of time to think about his strengths and weaknesses as a player and what he and his team can do to get better. Yes, that's quite "bizarre."

PoleSmoking
11-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.

I don't get your quote at the bottom of your post. What is that supposed to mean?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't get your quote at the bottom of your post. What is that supposed to mean?
I don't know. That guy was trying to prove that the Suns don't play bad defense, but he just said the Suns give up a lot of points. Ask him for more details. But I thought it was funny enough to put as a sig.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I love double standards and conjecture. Here's what Simmons had to say about Steve Nash's off-season in that embarassing blow job article:

Now, here's his conjecture over Dirk taking a month-long vacation to Australia:

Here's his interview with Marc Stein:

Millionaire athlete takes a month-long vacation after his season ends prematurely. Wow, what a shock! Says the early exit gave him plenty of time to think about his strengths and weaknesses as a player and what he and his team can do to get better. Yes, that's quite "bizarre."

Just another reason why Simmons sucks balls. I can't believe this guy.

anakha
11-21-2007, 08:04 PM
:lmao at d_s_f resorting to school smack after getting owned by assuming his boy Simmons had nothing but praise for the Suns.

TheSanityAnnex
11-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Since this is no longer about basketball...

:lmao. You haven't even hooked up with a guy and claim to be bi, thats why you get shit.(or don't get shit)